Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

-I get it now...I just thought about it in my head all night long rather than watching the R32 (H) videos. In order for OPTO service to work on the R32s and R38s, all stations with the platforms have to be on the left side (as you stated), not on the right side. The right side at the other end of the car is where the T/O has to be in order to operate the train. The left side at the other end of the car is where the T/O has to walk towards to and open the doors from there.

-But if the stations with the platforms were on the right side, then yes, they need a C/R in the middle of the train (4-cars, 6-cars, 8-cars or 10-cars). Yes, it's impossible for the T/O to do the job alone since he/she can't open the doors at the right side of the other end of the 1st car of the train. The T/O would have to walk towards the middle of the train in order to open on the doors on the right side where the stations with the platforms are.

You got out backwards kid...T/O sits on the right side of the train (facing the traveling direction). For it to work, all stations would have to be side platforms (right side platforms).

Edited by Fresh Pond

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Southeast Queens has so much political pull to potentially affect car assignments, then answer me this. Why are the rust-buckets, aka the 42s, still mainstays on the J-line? And don't say sign issues.

In all honesty, the likelihood of seeing anything other than the A1s on the M is remote at best. If Transit sticks with the idea of keeping the 32s out in the East until their retirement, they'll likely run them on the least-demanding of the lines and that's not the M. No, they'll use them as put-ins and limited runs for the J and Z.

If they keep them the (J)/(Z) will be 80-90% SMEE they'll run at all times like in the summer

You got out backwards kid...T/O sits on the right side of the train (facing the traveling direction). For it to work, all stations would have to be side platforms (right side platforms).

thank you somebody gets it it's what I keep on scratching my head about why he keeps on arguing with me about it when I'm just making suggestions and just trying to say that it is possible for the R32s to run on weekend (M) service

What are you talking about guy? That's what I just said if you actually read my post properly. If the damn stations with platforms were located at the left, where do you think the operator would go? Open the doors from the cab, where he operates the train, or go towards the back of the car and open the doors from the left side? Maybe it's you who put it the other way around. Should I repeat myself again?

thank you somebody gets it it's what I keep on scratching my head about why he keeps on arguing with me about it when I'm just making suggestions and just trying to say that it is possible for the R32s to run on weekend (M) service

How the hell was I arguing with you? He were the one who brought this whole conversation up in the first damn place. You said it like 5 times and I answered your question. You should have never brought it up then if you didn't like my answer. Don't make it sound like I'm the only one who disagreed with you.

Edited by RollOver

All (H) and (S) stations are on the right side (excluding terminals). Almost every (M) station on Myrtle Avenue is on the left side, away from the drivers cab. The driver would have to leave his cab, lock the operator cab, go across the car, unlock the conductor cab, open the doors, make announcements, close the doors, lock the conductor cab, go across the car again, unlock the operator cab, and start the train up just for this to happen. That's like a good 2-3 minutes at each station compared to like 1-2 minutes at each station with R160s.

At this point, I don't even know how to explain OPTO on SMEEs anymore.....

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

All (H) and (S) stations are on the right side (excluding terminals). Almost every (M) station on Myrtle Avenue is on the left side, away from the drivers cab. The driver would have to leave his cab, lock the operator cab, go across the car, unlock the conductor cab, open the doors, make announcements, close the doors, lock the conductor cab, go across the car again, unlock the operator cab, and start the train up just for this to happen. That's like a good 2-3 minutes at each station compared to like 1-2 minutes at each station.

At thus point, I don't even know how to explain OPTO on SMEEs anymore.....

I described it exactly as you did.

That newbie and that Fresh Pond guy both have some nerve, saying I got it wrong. The fcuk? *Sucking my teeth*

Edited by RollOver

I described it exactly as you did.

That newbie and that Fresh Pond guy both have some nerve, saying I got it wrong. The fcuk? *Sucking my teeth*

Nah you got the platforms mixed up thats why FP said something. It was to correct you.

As for the R32 person, idk if he just wants R32s on the (M) (he did state he wants R32s back on the QBL line) or just thinks for some reason R32s would work fine on the (M), which it won't work because of the many reasons we all already pointed out.

Going (somewhat) back on topic now....

Yes as others pointed out R160s return to the (C) once again.

Here's a question I have. If R160s stay on the (C) after this summer, when the R179s finally arrive, does anyone think that the R179s would displace the R160s and they would head back to ENY?

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

What are you talking about guy? That's what I just said if you actually read my post properly. If the damn stations with platforms were located at the left, where do you think the operator would go? Open the doors from the cab, where he operates the train, or go towards the back of the car and open the doors from the left side? Maybe it's you who put it the other way around. Should I repeat myself again?

How the hell was I arguing with you? He were the one who brought this whole conversation up in the first damn place. You said it like 5 times and I answered your question. You should have never brought it up then if you didn't like my answer. Don't make it sound like I'm the only one who disagreed with you.

You kept on taking my suggestions to seriously when I said that some R32s should go to the (M) you were the one the shot it down every time and try to explain to me why most likely the R32s won't go to the (M) even though it was just a thought and that's kind of an argument on my block Edited by R3216068E

You kept on taking my suggestions to seriously when I said that some R32s should go to the (M) you were the one the shot it down every time and try to explain to me why most likely the R32s won't go to the (M) even though it was just a thought and that's kind of an argument on my block

Do these questions of yours ring a bell?

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/44950-r32-fleet-swap-discussion-thread/?p=832855

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/44950-r32-fleet-swap-discussion-thread/?p=832860

Edited by RollOver

Once again suggestions not questions look I know my history of the nyc subway and I have experience with it so I know my stuff if the R32s can't go to the (M) they can't go to the (M) if you read my posts carefully maybe that you will see that they are more of suggestions then questions

Which is why he have this area here:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/24490-subway-proposalsideas-thread/

Oh my god kid, it ain't that serious...

You specifically said left side. For OPTO to work in theory, all platforms must be on the right side. Once again, you said left.

No need to feel some type of way and be all in your feelings over it

AND I QUOTE...

-I get it now...I just thought about it in my head all night long rather than watching the R32 (H) videos. In order for OPTO service to work on the R32s and R38s, all stations with the platforms have to be on the left side (as you stated), not on the right side. The right side at the other end of the car is where the T/O has to be in order to operate the train. The left side at the other end of the car is where the T/O has to walk towards to and open the doors from there.

Once again, get out your feelings Edited by Fresh Pond

Oh my god kid, it ain't that serious...

You specifically said left side. For OPTO to work in theory, all platforms must be on the right side. Once again, you said left.

No need to feel some type of way and be all in your feelings over it

Look guy, I wasn't being "all in my feelings" for your damn information. So don't try and get all slide with me about it. You may be an older head behind that account of yours, but still. You wanna post any more slide ass remarks towards me, take it to the PMs, not here. Yeah, I said it.

Edited by RollOver

Look guy, I wasn't being "all in my feelings" for your damn information. So don't try and get all slide with me about it. You may be an older head behind that account of yours, but still. You wanna post any more slide ass remarks towards me, take it to the PMs, not here. Yeah, I said it.

I ain't gotta take anything to PMs, what kind of childish crap is that?

But if you wanna sit there and start cursing over it, trust and believe two can play that game...

Trust and believe that two can play the game? Right.

What does this picture say then if I was wrong?

ppcf246b68_02.jpg

The T/O sits in the cab at the right side of the car (at the front of course). If the station platforms were at the left, then yeah, the T/O has to walk to the back of the car to get to the cab at the left side and open the doors from there. As someone else already said, the T/O would have to continuously go back and fourth (shutting down one cab at a time), which can take 3 minutes at most.

You could have just left the thread instead of trying to get the last word like you always be doing everytime you response to me whenever I get "all in my feelings", yeah wow blah blah blah. **sucking my teeth**

Edited by RollOver

Forgot to add one more sentence to my above post, I specifically said in order for OPTO to work on the 32s and 38s. Duh. If I said every car (before and now), believe me, I would have said in it in general. Clear enough? Read.

Edited by RollOver

Trust and believe that two can play the game? Right.

What does this picture say then if I was wrong?

ppcf246b68_02.jpg

The T/O sits in the cab at the right side of the car (at the front of course). If the station platforms were at the left, then yeah, the T/O has to walk to the back of the car to get to the cab at the left side and open the doors from there. As someone else already said, the T/O would have to continuously go back and fourth (shutting down one cab at a time), which can take 3 minutes at most.

You could have just left the thread instead of trying to get the last word like you always be doing everytime you response to me whenever I get "all in my feelings", yeah wow blah blah blah. **sucking my teeth**

You can suck you damn teeth like a 12 ear old girl all you want, that's LITERALLY what I said

You can suck you damn teeth like a 12 ear old girl all you want, that's LITERALLY what I said

Year, not ear. Learn how to type properly. And that's certainly not what you said.

Go on, go on...

Edited by RollOver