Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

Well they could use that 1 set anytime they want too since the (C) has some R160's now if they wanted to, 207th isn't loosing the whole fleet of R32's only about less than half the fleet

Edited by R32 3838

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap. I'm not reading through 8 pages of people trying ANY which way to justify the R32's showing up anywhere other than on the (J) .

#1 The subway is not your playground. We don't put trains on certain lines just so YOU can ride something different. We put trains on lines based on yards and what sort of equipment is NEEDED on certain lines.

#2 The (M) runs OPTO service on weekends and nights. This alone will prevent anything except the R160 from running there at ALL times.

#3 207 Yard is now equipped to handle NTTs. The R160's sent over from ENY are here to stay until the 179s start replacing the 32s.

#4 Get in your photos/rides on the R32 (A) NOW. It's going to go away very soon, and will most likely be replaced by an extra 68/68A from Concourse. No, there will NOT be an R160 or R42 or R44 set running on the (A) .

Holy crap. I'm not reading through 8 pages of people trying ANY which way to justify the R32's showing up anywhere other than on the (J) .

#1 The subway is not your playground. We don't put trains on certain lines just so YOU can ride something different. We put trains on lines based on yards and what sort of equipment is NEEDED on certain lines.

#2 The (M) runs OPTO service on weekends and nights. This alone will prevent anything except the R160 from running there at ALL times.

#3 207 Yard is now equipped to handle NTTs. The R160's sent over from ENY are here to stay until the 179s start replacing the 32s.

#4 Get in your photos/rides on the R32 (A) NOW. It's going to go away very soon, and will most likely be replaced by an extra 68/68A from Concourse. No, there will NOT be an R160 or R42 or R44 set running on the (A) .

The (M) is only opto on weekends, weeknights its full length with a c/r

I'm surprised about them taking the R32 off the (A), because 207th will still have over 100 R32's left after the swap, but it is what is

I'm surprised about them taking the R32 off the (A), because 207th will still have over 100 R32's left after the swap, but it is what is

He's right though. You really don't need an R32 on the (A) because the (B) runs 25 trains in the AM rush, but 23 trains in the PM rush. Two trainsets of an R68 or R68A from the morning rush (B) is simple enough for the weekday evening (A). You don't really have to convert an R32 from 8-cars to 10-cars for the weekday evening commute and then change it back for the morning rush, especially since the (B) requires 2 less trains in the PM rush.

Make that 7 one getting transfered now

I've started to RFW on the (J) just for this morning as I type this. There's more than 7 on the line. It's actually 10 sets so far. Just came from Broad and about to be at Jamaica Center. So I guess 10 sets of R160s should be on the (C) by now. So I guess half of the 28 eight-car sets of R32s have been transferred to the (J) already. In return, at the same time, the (C) should be half R160s and half R32s.

I've started to RFW on the (J) just for this morning as I type this. There's more than 7 on the line. It's actually 10 sets so far. Just came from Broad and about to be at Jamaica Center. So I guess 10 sets of R160s should be on the (C) by now. So I guess half of the 28 eight-car sets of R32s have been transferred to the (J) already. In return, at the same time, the (C) should be half R160s and half R32s.

yeah they (J) is going to keep 4 of the R32s sets it has until it retires which is awsome because I can take R32s to school now I heard that the full amount of R32s sets coming to the (J) should be delivered by June 4th which is awsomee because I have a regents that day so I can enjoy the R32s on the (J) after

yeah they (J) is going to keep 4 of the R32s sets it has until it retires which is awsome because I can take R32s to school now I heard that the full amount of R32s sets coming to the (J) should be delivered by June 4th which is awsomee because I have a regents that day so I can enjoy the R32s on the (J) after

The (J) / (Z) fleet has about 27 trainsets total (?)...I could say 13-14 trainsets of R32s and 6 trainsets of R42s and the rest being R160s.

yeah its about 9 or 10, they sent like 3 trainsets last night, and there's 8-9 R160's on the (C) remember ENY already owned 2 R32's so if there's 10 sets, the (C) has 8

The (J) / (Z) fleet has about 27 trainsets total (?)...I could say 13-14 trainsets of R32s and 6 trainsets of R42s and the rest being R160s.

The J/Z uses in total about 20 trainsets

Yeah I know I read the Krueger list thing (or however you pronounce it) the (J) uses approximately 25 train sets on off-peak hours 27 during rush ours and 22 trains during midnight some (J) train riders do complain about extra (J) trains

That makes no sense. Why would passengers complain about extra trains?

I think he's saying the frequency on the line during middays, evenings and weekends. But yeah, the (J) doesn't need to be frequent outside of rush hours, primarily because it's not heavily used enough to warrant more than 10 minute headways. People along the BMT Jamaica Line can also take the bus below ground. More people at Jamaica Center and Sutphin Boulevard take the (E) than the (J) because those riders are heading out to Manhattan after spending a half-hour ride or so on the buses in the area. The only people who take the (J) are by those who are only going just a few stops.

Since 207th Street can maintain the 160s now, they should make the route 100 percent 160 this summer, I really don't see the point of the swap if 32s with busted A/C's is STILL going to be on the route, in the fall/winter they can make it back to being split.

This is the last year of the swaps, whatever leaves probably isn't coming back

Since 207th Street can maintain the 160s now, they should make the route 100 percent 160 this summer, I really don't see the point of the swap if 32s with busted A/C's is STILL going to be on the route, in the fall/winter they can make it back to being split.

IMO the the (C) should be half R160s and half R32s after this swap so the (J)/(Z) won't be covered with all the old equipment

the (J) and (Z) uses a total of 20-21 trainsets during the AM rush, the (M) uses 23 trainsets during the AM Rush, this comes from the car assignments website

the (J) and (Z) uses a total of 20-21 trainsets during the AM rush, the (M) uses 23 trainsets during the AM Rush, this comes from the car assignments website

I know. I meant to say the amount of trains that each line has in total, as in, both in service and the ones as spares.