Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

They sent the R160's back last Friday night as well as the R32's, that 1 set should be the same consist, the keeping the R160's on the (C) was told to me by MTA employees but they might have said screw it and changed it last minute , it doesn't matter to me since the (J) still has 12 R32's that they're keeping

Also BTW no cars below The R42's are allowed in the Montague tubes until further notice due to clearance issues, an R32 refuse train was scrapping the tunnel

Wow...That's Different

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They sent the R160's back last Friday night as well as the R32's, that 1 set should be the same consist, the keeping the R160's on the (C) was told to me by MTA employees but they might have said screw it and changed it last minute , it doesn't matter to me since the (J) still has 12 R32's that they're keeping

Also BTW no cars below The R42's are allowed in the Montague tubes until further notice due to clearance issues, an R32 refuse train was scrapping the tunnel

How?

No, you were right the first time. Had you written "aren't allowed", you would be saying the 32s are allowed inside the tunnel.

But you'll get toasty hot on underground tunnels. Once, a R32 (J) train have a train conductor which was toasty hot that had to go to the passengers part of the train.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

What's up with the necroposting?

Hes a troll

Back to the topic:

This year we may see permenant changes, but its just a rumor for now, The (C) riders are constanly bicthing about both the R32's and the shitty service ( I can understand the service part) and they have this rider alliance group who keeps on bringing up fight for a better (C) train on facebook (it tends to be annoying)

as for the swap, the rumor is 48-52 R32's to go to ENY permanetly for 48-52 R160's, but as i stated its JUST A RUMOR thats been going around by ta sources, if this infact true, its because of the BS politics and political clout, but IMO it would make sense, the two R32 sets on the (J) don't breakdown as offten as the ones on the (C), if this were to take place it would mostlikely take place after the summer swap is over

Hes a troll

Back to the topic:

This year we may see permenant changes, but its just a rumor for now, The (C) riders are constanly bicthing about both the R32's and the shitty service ( I can understand the service part) and they have this rider alliance group who keeps on bringing up fight for a better (C) train on facebook (it tends to be annoying)

as for the swap, the rumor is 48-52 R32's to go to ENY permanetly for 48-52 R160's, but as i stated its JUST A RUMOR thats been going around by ta sources, if this infact true, its because of the BS politics and political clout, but IMO it would make sense, the two R32 sets on the (J) don't breakdown as offten as the ones on the (C), if this were to take place it would mostlikely take place after the summer swap is over

not trolling I'm serious I know the two car numbers of the sets ( i remember riding those two sets on the F) I agree with you there this can most likely take place after the summer swap is over

Hes a troll

Back to the topic:

to add on to what I said those two sets of R32s on the J might go back to 207 st yard after the summer swap due to the C train needing extra trains alongg with a set of R160s

Of course, only 2 sets on the (J) don't break down *as often* as those on the (C), because those 2 sets on the (J) aren't always in service full-time.

Anyway, they always tend to do at least two or three roundtrips during rush hours before they remove them from service at Jamaica Center or Broadway Junction. I hardly ever them out during the off-peak, except for very few occasions. I regularly get an R42 though.

Edited by RollOver

Of course, only 2 sets on the (J) don't break down *as often* as those on the (C), because those 2 sets on the (J) aren't always in service full-time.

Anyway, they always tend to do at least two or three roundtrips during rush hours before they remove them from service at Jamaica Center or Broadway Junction. I hardly ever them out during the off-peak, except for very few occasions. I regularly get an R42 though.

They've been running 1 set of them on weekends lately

1 set runs all day from 6;30 or 6:50am to about 7pm daily, and all day on weekends, last summer about 3-5 sets ran all night, its obvious ENY treats their equipment better than 207th, the R32's,R143's and R160's are well maintained while the R42's are just there