Steamy Subway Platform Transformed Into Soothing Spa

East New York

post-5097-0-02876000-1407334020_thumb.jpg
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here," warn the unwritten words on every subway entrance in the summertime. The platforms are thick with hot, stagnant air, it's around 90 billion degrees, and you have no alternative but to sweat it out until you feel that sweet, sweet train wind coming through. But you know what else is hot? A spa. And spas are nice and relaxing. So why not make some lemonade out of this 10th circle of Dantean hell you've descended into? Improv Everywhere is here to help—in their latest prank, they've transformed the 34th Street station into the 34th Street Spa.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-02876000-1407334020_thumb.jpg

These people are crazy... Having a spa treatment on the middle of a skeevy subway platform, and then sitting on those benches to boot with just a towel on... Unbelievable... Too many people need attention... Smh <_<

Beats bouncing off the walls in the subway car… or asking for money for your poor basketball team.

Aren't these the same benches that are infested with bedbugs sometimes?

Bedbugs like soft things (i.e. cushioned seats so that they can hide somewhere warm and comfy), but I imagine that those benches have other things living on them, esp. with the amount of bums that camp out in that station.  Every time that I used that station coming home when I was working during college breaks I'd see a homeless person sitting on these benches. Skeeved me out on another level... I never sit anywhere in the subway system.  

Bedbugs like soft things (i.e. cushioned seats so that they can hide somewhere warm and comfy), but I imagine that those benches have other things living on them, esp. with the amount of bums that camp out in that station.  Every time that I used that station coming home when I was working during college breaks I'd see a homeless person sitting on these benches. Skeeved me out on another level... I never sit anywhere in the subway system.  

I mean, the benches are made of wood, so that's like the next best thing for critters, germs, and whatnot.

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here," warn the unwritten words on every subway entrance in the summertime. The platforms are thick with hot, stagnant air, it's around 90 billion degrees, and you have no alternative but to sweat it out until you feel that sweet, sweet train wind coming through. But you know what else is hot? A spa. And spas are nice and relaxing. So why not make some lemonade out of this 10th circle of Dantean hell you've descended into? Improv Everywhere is here to help—in their latest prank, they've transformed the 34th Street station into the 34th Street Spa.

Read more: Source

I'll be looking forward to seeing the subway spa one day.

Archived