MCI D4500CT Delivery Thread (CNG, Diesel & Hybrid-Electric)

Cait Sith

21 hours ago, go25 said:

20073 tracked at Pembina

20076 highest unit built. I do not know if they're shutting Pembina down, but MCI said they'd be closing plants on a case-by-case basis. The only plants they have are Pembina and Winnipeg.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, davemackey said:

20076 highest unit built. I do not know if they're shutting Pembina down, but MCI said they'd be closing plants on a case-by-case basis. The only plants they have are Pembina and Winnipeg.

What about the former NABI plant in Anniston, Alabama? I figured to ask if they can build MCIs over there, or is it just transit buses 

Anniston is building (and has finished, I believe) the current NYC order of New Flyer XD60's.... The Pembina plant is strategic for MCI as it's very close to their headquarters in Winnipeg. I don't foresee MCI going down there to build buses.

Meanwhile I think we are in a holding pattern with the new buses. Nothing's been delivered of late, 20044-20050 are sitting in the CMF, 20051 is apparently still at Allison, and 20052-20053 are supposedly on the property someplace. Whole lot of buses sitting in the parking lot in Pembina as well.

1 hour ago, davemackey said:

Anniston is building (and has finished, I believe) the current NYC order of New Flyer XD60's.... The Pembina plant is strategic for MCI as it's very close to their headquarters in Winnipeg. I don't foresee MCI going down there to build buses.

Meanwhile I think we are in a holding pattern with the new buses. Nothing's been delivered of late, 20044-20050 are sitting in the CMF, 20051 is apparently still at Allison, and 20052-20053 are supposedly on the property someplace. Whole lot of buses sitting in the parking lot in Pembina as well.

20054 arrived at Allison this morning apparently. 

My guess is that NJT isn't delivering buses from CMF because they may not have the manpower to do so right now with everything going. Although it could very well be another reason. 

1 hour ago, DaTransitMan4608 said:

20054 arrived at Allison this morning apparently. 

My guess is that NJT isn't delivering buses from CMF because they may not have the manpower to do so right now with everything going. Although it could very well be another reason. 

We've been stuck on 20043 being the highest numbered bus in service for quite some time now, about 2 weeks. The buses past that number that are in NJT's hands have not been tracking, even at CMF. I'll note 20054 as delivered but not inspected.

On 3/27/2020 at 8:57 AM, davemackey said:

St. Cloud built NYC's XD60s I believe. I think the CNGs were in Anniston.

3 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

St. Cloud built NYC's XD60s I believe. I think the CNGs were in Anniston.

No, plant code on those is F, which is Anniston. Those are the 2020 diesel ones that NYCTA took delivery of this year. the most recent gas buses (XN60) were built at Crookston.

8 hours ago, davemackey said:

No, plant code on those is F, which is Anniston. Those are the 2020 diesel ones that NYCTA took delivery of this year. the most recent gas buses (XN60) were built at Crookston.

That's odd, because they were tracked out of St. Cloud.

The final two buses destined for Wayne Garage, 20057 and 20058, both passed state inspection today. We now have a logjam of 15 buses at CMF awaiting their entry into service. I can understand with the service cuts and other concessions to the Coronavirus (including reduced manpower at CMF) that NJT is reluctant to put new buses into service.

19 hours ago, go25 said:

Ummmm Rockland Coaches has a few that can run there?

I mean (NJT) buses

27 minutes ago, davemackey said:

Unless I miss my guess, Coach USA Westwood (Rockland Coaches) does not have any D4500CT's yet.

They do, not a lot though. Most are Flipdot D4500s.

Just confirmed that NFI Group, owners of MCI and New Flyer, have shut down all production facilities until at least May. This is going to adversely affect the current NJ Transit contracts for both MCI and New Flyer products.

1 hour ago, Jova42R said:

@davemackey @DaTransitMan4608 @DCTransitFilms @Cait Sith @S78 via Hylan why is 17130 tracking down by south ferry (1)?

That's more than likely an Academy MCI downtown doing commuter runs or it's helping transport medical workers from the hotels to the hospitals.

Also, you didn't have to tag all of us. 

44 minutes ago, DaTransitMan4608 said:

That's more than likely an Academy MCI downtown doing commuter runs or it's helping transport medical workers from the hotels to the hospitals.

ok.

44 minutes ago, DaTransitMan4608 said:

Also, you didn't have to tag all of us

sorry!