MCI D4500CT Delivery Thread (CNG, Diesel & Hybrid-Electric)

Cait Sith

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, davemackey said:

21317 is tracking right now at.... Meadowlands!?!?!?

Comes to my attention some of the 213xxx are not logging the actual trip assignment since first day in service. Example 21302 21308 21309 21310 21315 21317. Must be a provisioning issue out of the gate from clever. One thing for sure they are from and operating out of Oradell

*21315 is currently in Westwood to perform a 165 NYC trip 12:12pm 

Edited by Gmansports

Press Release from NFI Oct 25 2021

I am having trouble connecting the dots now since NFI just made a press release regarding the final year of this order. Maybe someone can chime in. 

My take:

It appears academy allotments are done in year 5 order as they were originally slotted to receive more. What is clear is, 118 buses are in production for year 6 for NJT only but the additional 33 has been cut and divert instead in year 5 for NJT. Follow? lol

Latest is Fairview is not receiving any new 45 footers nor is market st at this time. Most of not all of the remaining NJT commuter coaches will go to Oradell making for a potential grand total of 7 plus 31 plus 118 = 156 for Oradell. (I know capital management approved Oradell to handle up to 160 45 footers) Oradell original floor plan is 209 40 footers. Oradell will still need more bus replacements but will be at size capacity until the northern bus garage is built.   

Edited by Gmansports

Just now, davemackey said:

Those buses were both inspected today. Mr. Archer did the thing and gave us the fleet numbers, confirming what we already knew.

whoops, quoting did not quite work. I was referring to 21328 and 21330. 21332 is now at ADD as well so only 21333 and 21334 aren't yet on the property. For next years order we have 16437, 16439 and 16440 tracking at MCI.

Latest narrative since the latest press release from MCI on Oct 28. It appears the allotment has NOT changed after all. What changed is the 33 buses originally forecasted for 22000 series has been moved up to 21000 series. Hence fleet numbers surpassing 21334.  While 22000 series will finish off with 118 buses. That is my 2 cents. 

14 hours ago, Gmansports said:

Latest narrative since the latest press release from MCI on Oct 28. It appears the allotment has NOT changed after all. What changed is the 33 buses originally forecasted for 22000 series has been moved up to 21000 series. Hence fleet numbers surpassing 21334.  While 22000 series will finish off with 118 buses. That is my 2 cents. 

Update on narrative occurring with this order. NFI is known to use Model year with calendar year of production just like what occurred with the NFI 60 foot order. 21000 series can go on into end of December 2021 with model year 2021. They have 151 buses to go and some are already being delivered as 2021 models. This explains what is going on here. 

Also, 

NFI is eager to complete this  order of producing legacy D models and focus on the next gen D series across the board. They are streamlining all of their plants to be able to build J-series and next gen D series alongside each other in addition to their XD product lines.  Have fun folks

*reference the august 4, 2021 investor call

NFI Forward projects currently in process include:

formalizing a Company-wide strategic sourcing program to leverage purchasing scale and optimize product designs across vehicle models and supply chains;

increasing dual production line capabilities for heavy-duty transit buses and motor coaches within select New Flyer and MCI facilities

Over the past year, the following NFI Forward activities have been completed:

the streamlining of administrative and back-office functions, including Human Resources, Finance and Treasury, into an integrated shared services model;

the combination of New Flyer® and MCI® into one consolidated North American operating business, while retaining both market-leading transit bus and motor coach brands;

the rationalization of ADI’s North American parts business into the NFI Parts™ business, reducing the number of North American parts stocking locations from 22 to 7;

cessation of chassis manufacturing at Alexander Dennis Limited’s (“ADL”) Guildford facility; and

the integration of all Winnipeg-based fiberglass facilities into one facility.

Edited by Gmansports