MCI D4500CT Delivery Thread (CNG, Diesel & Hybrid-Electric)

Cait Sith

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Wait a minute I thought NJT won't get anymore 2021 cruisers in their colors?

I mean plans could always change. We thought a few months ago that Wayne would get 21191-21240. Then 21198-21241 turned out to be for Rockland and 21191-21197 for Oradell.

Just now, JLiu15 said:

I mean plans could always change. We thought a few months ago that Wayne would get 21191-21240. Then 21198-21241 turned out to be for Rockland and 21191-21197 for Oradell.

Now we got NJT coaches again so here we go with those trips down to Sicklerville and back.

There is the reasoning why the rest of the batch are being made with silver sides. Allows NJT to quickly change the graphics if needed. The status of private carriers are forever changing. 
21301 will likely head to Oradell. They are allocating to garages with oldest average bus fleet first. That makes Oradell first. No confirmation just yet.

side note: there remains a ongoing legal litigation State of NJ vs Academy. The outcome of this could result of terminating contract with academy across all lines. However, I expect some sort of compromise.

Edited by Gmansports

13 minutes ago, Gmansports said:

There is the reasoning why the rest of the batch are being made with silver sides. Allows NJT to quickly change the graphics if needed. The status of private carriers are forever changing. 

That makes sense. I was wondering the reasoning behind all the recent buses being made with stainless steel sides. Maybe this explains the white rear on 21310 as well, as this will make them further homogenized.

Academy most likely will be left with the bare minimum. It goes deeper then what you guys see. There are major issues with the route 9 services.

It’s time njt stop letting these private carriers tell them how they want the buses. We giving you buses so you take what we give you not how you want. Every last one of the private carriers should have had stainless steel sides. 

If route 9 is lost, you could possibly see the 134 line comeback.

Academy does not care about the transit lines. They are solely for the charter work especially with the sport teams. 

56 minutes ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

Academy most likely will be left with the bare minimum. It goes deeper then what you guys see. There are major issues with the route 9 services.

It’s time njt stop letting these private carriers tell them how they want the buses. We giving you buses so you take what we give you not how you want. Every last one of the private carriers should have had stainless steel sides. 

Academy does not care about the transit lines. They are solely for the charter work especially with the sport teams. 

I agree, in fact they (PC) took advantage of this private/public partnerships. It is extremely difficult to have over sight. PC are contractual obligated to maintain proper order of the buses given to them. Customers are always stuck in the middle. Makes the entire NJ bus operations look like fools whenever PC suddenly don’t provide the service that they signed up and get paid for by NJT.  It will take a political force that cares for mass transit to bring reform for sake of the public.

NJT should create a sub division within the NJT police department to ensure compliance and fraud prevention. 

Edited by Gmansports

6 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

They should have never axed the 134 line to begin with. A viable option for those rte 9 customers on NJT

8 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

Transit should be looking ahead to buy up some land in Central New Jersey to build a state of the art garage/depot if Academy either leaves the commuter/transit business or NJT cuts ties with Academy completely. Howell seems maxed out of 200 or so buses

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 5:35 PM, JLiu15 said:

Some photos of 21301 I took tonight:

mCdRRKV.jpg

FYeZJQW.jpg

r80Xkiv.jpg

CqSfRME.jpg

I really love this paint scheme.  And yes these buses need to head to NJT pronto.  Oradell is in dire need now since IDA flooded out their garage  resulting in them losing a whole bunch of their old buses all at once.  They should trim Academy's order and fill NJT garages first that need new buses or have bus shortages. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Got a feeling they'll be assigned down South? If not where would they go?

The Northern Division is still in need of buses the life cycle of those 40 foot buses have arrived I can’t see NJT assigning the south buses just because. Oradell, Fairview and Market street fleet aren’t in a state of good repair no matter how much maintenance they perform on those buses it’s time for them to go they are barely road worthy 

10 hours ago, Suydam Street said:

The Northern Division is still in need of buses the life cycle of those 40 foot buses have arrived I can’t see NJT assigning the south buses just because. Oradell, Fairview and Market street fleet aren’t in a state of good repair no matter how much maintenance they perform on those buses it’s time for them to go they are barely road worthy 

Agreed, we are short MCI buses in two of the three Southern garages however those 3 North Jersey garages have a lot of old buses that re on their last leg not to mention some buses that were totaled when Ida flooded Oradell's garage.  Other North Jersey garages are helping Oradell currently. 

The Winnipeg part of the 2021 order has completed. There are still about 15-20 buses yet to come down from Pembina.

Most if not all of Academy's units have been inspected. In addition to 21277-21300, Academy might also have 21303-21306.

NJT definitely has 21301-21302 and 21307 and up.

All 58 VINs have been determined for these final 2021 buses (Pembina MP082843-82881, Winnipeg MW082882-82900), now it's just a matter of getting them lined up properly. If you go on the CPTDB Wiki you'll see what's been confirmed so far, through sightings (Justin's post this weekend broke the whole thing open - thank you!) and Ron Archer's diligence in putting the fleet numbers on the inspection records he prepares. I have a preliminary idea of where they will go, but don't want to post it until it's confirmed. 

On 9/29/2021 at 1:11 PM, JLiu15 said:

Looks like Suburban Transit's 21000s are starting to get plates. 21269, 21266, 21274, 21247, and 21270 are all seen at their yard with plates. Not sure about the rest of them, but I would assume they have plates too.

Suburban's plates go from AX-220J to AX-254J. I seem to think that the Suburban Transit buses (21242-21276) are being plated in fleet number order and the VINs are in order for those buses as well. Anyone have any word on what Rockland Coaches is (or isn't) doing with their buses?