MCI D4500CT Delivery Thread (CNG, Diesel & Hybrid-Electric)

Cait Sith

8 hours ago, Tranzitfan81 said:

That's interesting for the D45 Charge; I just can't see those buses on the 317 doing that super long distance though.   Meanwhile, I heard the XE 40s will be delayed until the end of the year.  

Listening to the Jan 31 2022 operational meeting, head of Bus operation said "will have 1" out 8 by June while rest will arrive 4th quarter 2022. The current demo is a temporary lease to test out the charging stations and not used for revenue service. I know MCI sales team is pushing for their next gen products in hopes NJT indeed select D45 CRT E cruisers for the next phase. Remember we still have a 172 cruiser RFP that has not been finalized. At this rate I don't see this being finalize until next year as more garages have charging stations. 

Edited by Gmansports

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

To get rid of the 9000s and 7100s, which could possibly dump to market street. 

This means Wayne is like the big brother who gets the best toys, and Market Street and the others are the neglected siblings who get all the worn out hand-me-downs.

7 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I just noticed, why was 19137 retired instead of being repaired like the other 18xxx series MCI that was badly damaged?

Yeah I'm not sure neither. I think the axle was kinda messed up where the car hit it as I saw it was a little bit more bent maybe caused some frame damage. But not 100% sure.

Neglected to mention that 22057, 22063 and 22064 were all inspected yesterday and the VINs are confirmed on all three (as always, Ron Archer 2nd going the extra mile & putting bus numbers on the inspection reports). 22001 still hanging out up in Pembina.

We still also have about 15 of the 2021 cruisers for Rockland still needing inspections.

On 2/16/2022 at 1:28 PM, Lawrence St said:

Why exactly does Fairview need more MCI cruisers, if ANY cruisers? That depot should strictly be NABI's and New Flyers, having MCI's on any Fairview line will just have dwell times go through the roof.

I always said the same thing. Especially having mcis on the 159 is utterly terrible. Another thing to mention Fairview should be an exact fare garage.