MCI D4500CT Delivery Thread (CNG, Diesel & Hybrid-Electric)

Cait Sith

6 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

I always said the same thing. Especially having mcis on the 159 is utterly terrible. Another thing to mention Fairview should be an exact fare garage.

I fully agree. That's one reason I didn't go to Fairview, the 159 is an extremely high ridership line, and if I was to stop and play cashier at every stop I'd never get anywhere on time.

If anything, MCI's should be restricted to the 156X and 159X only.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/22/2022 at 10:34 AM, Lawrence St said:

I fully agree. That's one reason I didn't go to Fairview, the 159 is an extremely high ridership line, and if I was to stop and play cashier at every stop I'd never get anywhere on time.

If anything, MCI's should be restricted to the 156X and 159X only.

Someone up in headquarters thought it's a great idea to add MCIs to Fairview. Oh yeah, let's throw them on JFK Blvd, Bergenline Ave (worse to have them on), River Rd and Palisades. 

I agree that them lines should be farebox and ticket readers. Rider flow in and out should be sped up just so the drivers can stay on schedule.  Agree that the express lines of the 156R and 159R should be MCI instead of the local lines. I guess they think that side of Hudson county & Bergen County deserves cruisers too. Blvd East is just a different animal 

I spotted 18023 on the Garden State Parkway yesterday so I am assuming it was on its way down to Washington Township after being repaired from its accident back in October. Bus will need to be re-inspected before going back into service.

Wonder why none of the earlier 22000s have been delivered yet. Some of them (22001 & 22007) have already been built. These are Pembina units though - maybe there's a holdup at the Pembina factory or something? Would also explain why 21338 still isn't here.

39 minutes ago, JLiu15 said:

Wonder why none of the earlier 22000s have been delivered yet. Some of them (22001 & 22007) have already been built. These are Pembina units though - maybe there's a holdup at the Pembina factory or something? Would also explain why 21338 still isn't here.

22001 is at CMF so it's been inspected. I don't have a VIN for this unit.

On 3/17/2022 at 7:45 AM, davemackey said:

I spotted 18023 on the Garden State Parkway yesterday so I am assuming it was on its way down to Washington Township after being repaired from its accident back in October. Bus will need to be re-inspected before going back into service.

That is good news. I actually thought that was in worse shape than 18032 and didn't think that would have been repaired either.  Glad to hear at least that one of them will be back. 

22001 and 22003 are at CMF, inspected.. and of course I have found the VINs.

22001 - 1M8D2W910NP140708

22003 - 1M8D2W919NP140710

As you can see they are Pembina builds and I found all 55 of the VINs for those 55 buses, 22001-22055. The only mystery now remains the last 30 buses of the order.