Bloods and Crips Team Up to Protest Baltimore’s Cops

DJ MC

Before protests over Freddie Gray’s death turned chaotic, an unlikely alliance was born in Baltimore on Saturday: Rivals from the Bloods and the Crips agreed to march side by side against police brutality.

The alleged gang members are pictured on social media crowding together with Nation of Islam activists, who told The Daily Beast they brokered the truce in honor of Gray, who died last week after sustaining spinal injuries while in police custody.

In one photo, a gang activist in a red sweatshirt crouches to fit into a group photo with rivals decked out in blue bandanas.

“I can say with honesty those brothers demonstrated they can be united for a common good,” said Carlos Muhammad, a minister at Nation of Islam’s Mosque No. 6. “At the rally, they made the call that they must be united on that day. It should be commended.”

The detente was only a small part of the demonstration drawing 1,200 people to Baltimore’s City Hall, but it raised eyebrows among activists. Are things so bad that even Baltimore’s gang adversaries are joining forces to combat law enforcement?

DeRay McKesson, an organizer known for his work in Ferguson, also confirmed the street-crime ceasefire. He live-tweeted Saturday’s mostly peaceful demonstration, which later descended into clashes with police and smashed storefronts and cop cars, and alerted followers of a possible respite in gangland. 

“We can unite and stop killing one another,” Muhammad told The Daily Beast, “and the Bloods and the Crips can help rebuild their community.”

“The fight against police brutality has united people in many ways that we have not seen regularly, and that’s really powerful,” McKesson told The Daily Beast. “The reality is, police have been terrorizing black people as far back as we can remember. It will take all of us coming together to change a corrupt system.”

Source

You knew this was coming because of just the police shooting in Brooklyn by the Baltimore resident. Lot of hate in Baltimore and has been for years.

If Bloods and Crips really wanted peace, they would disband.  It's a joke that they're marching against police when they commit so much crime.

Are they serious with this nonsense?  They're complaining about police brutality?  What about their brutal assaults and the lives they have ended? Talk about hyporcritcal.

It going to be a very long summer and look at Missouri what happened

If Bloods and Crips really wanted peace, they would disband.  It's a joke that they're marching against police when they commit so much crime.

Its money and power and they never see their sins. This is just the beginning.

It going to be a very long summer and look at Missouri what happened

Its money and power and they never see their sins. This is just the beginning.

You're telling me.  It seems like a daily thing now when I'm on the express bus heading home to Riverdale that I see police and ambulance lights on Madison Avenue from about 106th street up to 138th or so and it's not even summer yet....

LMAO! Well I guess that CVS pharmacy I saw on Fox 5 this morning that appeared to be totally destroyed was a figment of my imagination.  If the Bloods and Crips "come together", how exactly will they continue to hustle to obtain the old mighty dollar? I don't buy it.  I think this is all a shell game on their part. These guys profit by destroying communities, and I do see how one incident is suddenly going to change things for the better.

I saw that Bloods and Crips joining up wasn't true at all

How about when some crip set teamed up with some Kkklansmen....

...to protest a Kkk rally down in Memphis.

(yes, you read that right... Lmao....)

Gangs these days have no direction or guidance & absolutely nothin is being stood for.... I mean, only in a gang could you have a power struggle with no real leadership! I would like to go deeper into it, but I'll keep this one a bit short for the sake of the thread.... Much like just about everyone these days, cats is out here on some attention whore shit.... Even if this bit w/ the bloods & crips ended up being a lie, the fact of the matter is here in the 21st century, it was believable.....

Oh, and then there's the false flaggers that get away with it b/c don't no one care to G-check 'em.... Plenty of em in this neighborhood of mine also... Canarsie's got a bunch of em too, from what I hear....

You would have never heard of this back in the 60's, 70's, and 80's - rival gangs teaming up to "protest" cops :lol: 

Lesser/smaller gangs tend to do that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" shit anyway, and it never pans out in the longrun....

Archived