MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's sad to see these Orion VII NGs barely making it to 13 years old and being scrapped.   Tells you about their quality.  Why can't they send all of Transit's higher NGs to LGA BP and JFK to retire all of the OGs and 3800s if they want them all out so quickly?   And QV needs to retire the remaining OGs unless that has been done already.

17 minutes ago, The Grizzly Bear said:

It's sad to see these Orion VII NGs barely making it to 13 years old and being scrapped.   Tells you about their quality.  Why can't they send all of Transit's higher NGs to LGA BP and JFK to retire all of the OGs and 3800s if they want them all out so quickly?   And QV needs to retire the remaining OGs unless that has been done already.

The deliveries of the newer Novas (both diesel and hybrids) to Transit are going slow, so there aren’t as much buses available to move around. As for the hybrids, they are already at their retirement age and some are getting the axe to salvage their parts.

3 hours ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

The deliveries of the newer Novas (both diesel and hybrids) to Transit are going slow, so there aren’t as much buses available to move around. As for the hybrids, they are already at their retirement age and some are getting the axe to salvage their parts.

On top of this, politics caused buses to be retired faster, although the Orion's we have rn are not in the best condition either due to aged batteries and some with hard to fix parts as well.

• 2 weeks later...

6854 and 6887 are the current old gens at the QV Depot, just to rephrase in case of confusion. The rest were removed as they have enough local/limited buses (NGs and LFS) for service. 

Edited by Calvin

12 hours ago, The Grizzly Bear said:

3588 was retired.  I'm sure there will be more to post in the coming days.  They're really pushing to get the OGSs retired ASAP.

These buses are pushing 16 years old, it’s time for them to go. I’m surprised they lasted this long tbh because a lot of those Orion VII’s are beat. 

13 hours ago, The Grizzly Bear said:

3588 was retired.  I'm sure there will be more to post in the coming days.  They're really pushing to get the OGSs retired ASAP.

Surprisingly to me, LGA's OG's seem to being retired at a much quicker than BP, and JFK/FR..........although they should quickly catch up.  My opinion is that MTA Bus has a goal for all of the OG's to be retired by years end.