MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/11/2024 at 10:29 PM, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

That user was not referring to where the bus currently operates. They're arguing that 4630 was the highest numbered 2009 model of the NG hybrids.

As for the debate at hand, I remember TTMG and other older rosters categorizing the 4600s at JFK as 2010 models in their old roster pages for years. Most sites, including mine, followed that piece of info for years. Now TransitMan is stating that only 4656-onwards are the only 2010 models. It would be nice to see a definitive clarfication, though that in itself is a rather small and somewhat insignificant thing to argue about.

For clarification purposes, 4631-4655 are 2010 units built in 2009.

On 4/11/2024 at 5:00 PM, RSMG106 said:

4149, 4168: JFK to Eastchester scrap.

4146 at JFK has been confirmed to be retired.

On 4/11/2024 at 9:20 PM, Calvin said:

4445: LGA to JFK, now scrap to Eastchester 

On 4/12/2024 at 9:13 PM, Calvin said:

4149, 4164: JFK to scrap at Eastchester 

On 4/12/2024 at 10:03 PM, TyBusLover1 said:

4202: Retired at JFK according to @SevenEleven.

On 4/13/2024 at 12:21 AM, RSMG106 said:

4233: JFK to Eastchester scrap.

2483 from Ulmer Park, 3082 and 3186 from Yonkers, 3310-3311 from College Point, and 4140 from JFK are undergoing long-term maintenance.

3594: LaGuardia to Gershow Recycling Corporation in Nassau County

3763: JFK to Gershow Recycling Corporation in Nassau County

3661, 3695, 3808, 3814, 3822, 4037, 4081 from JFK, and 4582 from LaGuardia are in preparation to be sent to Gershow for scrap.

16 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

4173: JFK to Eastchester scrap.

Greetings!

The FIRST PAGE has been updated! Submitted for your approval! Enjoy!

Also, has #4345 been saved for Zerega? If not, then I'll add it.

13 minutes ago, The TransitMan said:

Greetings!

The FIRST PAGE has been updated! Submitted for your approval! Enjoy!

Also, has #4345 been saved for Zerega? If not, then I'll add it.

Yes I believe it has.

3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I think we need to have reliable poster roles in threads like this. Far to many times has someone falsely reported a bus retired or somewhere it shouldn’t be.

@Cait Sith would something like this be possible? Where select roles can only respond to certain threads?

There is literally no reason to assign posters just because someone posts something false.

1. Buses move in and out of retirement all the time

2. Mistakes happen

3. When you keep being told something isn't confirmed retired because of certain things it should be common sense it isn't 

And quite frankly imo there's no difference between a bus at Zerega or Eastchester besides the fact that one houses pending scrap and the other holds new or oos/training buses.

9 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

There is literally no reason to assign posters just because someone posts something false.

1. Buses move in and out of retirement all the time

2. Mistakes happen

3. When you keep being told something isn't confirmed retired because of certain things it should be common sense it isn't 

And quite frankly imo there's no difference between a bus at Zerega or Eastchester besides the fact that one houses pending scrap and the other holds new or oos/training buses.

Right. We all need to learn from our mistakes

37 minutes ago, poopybutt123 said:

4052 Baisley Park has gotten into an accident on the Q110 involving a truck. Credit to the original owner IMG_6798.jpg?ex=662feecf&is=661d79cf&hm=

I could see this unit retired as a result of that accident.

I know at certain times that a move that a user can post is false, heck, I know I'm part of this in the past. But, when you get told in previous posts that a certain bus isn't retired or so, I think they'll know by now what not to do. If a bus is said as retired but next day later it's back on the road, I can consider that 100% as false. Sometimes, a certain unit is said as a mistake, it's a reminder, think and look carefully next time you post because you get only 1 hour to edit. Buses retired ended up at Zerega, like @MysteriousBtrain said between ECH scrap, it's no problem, just a similarity that it's not mistaken as a out of service unit in passenger service (unless it's subject to change like 4378 and 4582). I can understand false moves being brought up but, for instance, if it's daily and happening a lot, I can see that as a very big problem and headaches to the first page update. 

But, even though it's brought up not to post anything false, it's worse when users bring your name up for a report history like "he posts or repeats garbage all the time". Tbh, some repeats are mentioned so, that it's understandable that when a certain unit is said as retired, it's at ECH scrap as removal from passenger service. This doesn't make you better than others but is worse criticism if your telling him that you posting mistakes is a complete waste that shouldn't belong here. Everyone should have respect towards others (even if you don't like others on the outside). If you have something bad to say, keep it to yourself. I put this out because in reality, if that person felt upset about a bad reputation, you can have this feeling for others on what they went through and how to do better in the future. 

Edited by Calvin

On 4/15/2024 at 5:01 PM, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

No idea. The accident was this morning so just wait a bit for someone with the actual info to come forward with it.

But it also depends on the need of this bus. If the accident was minor, then yes, bus can be repairable and return to service when deemed operational. That’s up to the depot’s maintenance crews and the dispatcher. If the bus is not, then this bus will be used for parts once a second used bus arrives at the depot within the time of call. But since this bus is 16 years old, then it’s time to go. 

1 hour ago, FLX9304 said:

But it also depends on the need of this bus. If the accident was minor, then yes, bus can be repairable and return to service when deemed operational. That’s up to the depot’s maintenance crews and the dispatcher. If the bus is not, then this bus will be used for parts once a second used bus arrives at the depot within the time of call. But since this bus is 16 years old, then it’s time to go. 

I agree, but 4052 a 2009 model making it 15 years old this year.