4 train service increased while the 5 is not running?

alekr

Honestly TTC, I don't understand what you really mean by that...if the (2) ran more frequent than 10 minutes and attracts more riders, wouldn't this just mean more crowded trains, even with more frequent service than 10 minute headways?

Well, the primary purpose would be to ease off crushloads with the current ridership.

But yes, it is possible that, if enough riders were attracted, you would require more service increases. That's just life, you can't prevent service increases because they might mean that you'll need to add even more service later on.

Brooklyn College is a ridership draw for the 2/5 lines in BK, reverse peak, as well as Midwood HS.

The Brighton does well reverse peak just off of all the schools alone. Marrow, Grady, Lincoln, Kingsborough Community College, there's other schools as well,

IDK whats out in Crown Heights, Brownsville and ENY is a huge reverse ridership draw though, when I was in HS a lot of kids from those areas came to my high school in Brighton Beach.

The 2/5 in BK isn't exactly sardine can status reverse peak, but ridership is decent.

Brooklyn College is a ridership draw for the 2/5 lines in BK, reverse peak, as well as Midwood HS.

The Brighton does well reverse peak just off of all the schools alone. Marrow, Grady, Lincoln, Kingsborough Community College, there's other schools as well,

IDK whats out in Crown Heights, Brownsville and ENY is a huge reverse ridership draw though, when I was in HS a lot of kids from those areas came to my high school in Brighton Beach.

The 2/5 in BK isn't exactly sardine can status reverse peak, but ridership is decent.

There's Medgar Evers College in Crown Heights, not to mention the Jewish population with their places of worship.  

im just gonna say the most simple thing out of all of this

Ridership is growing

Lines like the (A) and (C) needs better service, riding the (A) local after 10:30pm sucks ass, having the (C) run until midnight will help that

I don't know why some of you are looking at things from pre-2010, don't ya'll realize that those used to be dense areas in brooklyn have been redelvoped and more and more hippes and high end middle class people are moving into these areas

Yeah right, that's your own belief. Keep denying that. And thanks for saying that I'm being sarcastic. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I'm pretty sure you, VG8 and Daniel did that to me previously and a few other times. All you care about is empty trains and getting a seat. Pathetic. I find it stupid that a train could be crowded heading downtown in an outerborough during the morning hours. I don't know where the hell you see that nonsense from, but whatever.

Notice how you didn't even bother to prove me wrong with my posts in this thread. And that's your greatest answer you could give me? Let's ask the (MTA). You may be happy dancy now, but there's no way I'm going to even believe such nonsense that a train is not quiet at all heading downtown in Brooklyn from the CBDs during the MORNING HOURS. How stupid is that?

In yours and his eyes, it is...

I could care less if I get a seat or not, all I care about is actually getting on the train.

But since you say I have no proof and you wanna go off fats and figures, let's drop some rider experience...

Lets go all the way back to my first job that actually involved me taking public transportation to work (my 2nd job in a sense lol). That job was working in Waterside Plaza, and around that time (about early 2008, doubt you was able to wander out by yourself anyway) I was living in Bushwick. Had 2 ways of getting there; the (J) (or (Z), depending if the (J) did get there early) to Essex for the M15 LTD, or the (L) to 1 Av for the M15.

Normally when I got to Halsey St and got on the (J) (always around 4 p.m. inbound, or "reverse peak") the train would already have a good load in it and finding a seat was always a hit or miss. I would have better luck catching a seat on the (Z) since it would be coming straight out the yard (they don't do this anymore) and the first stop would be Chauncey St.

Taking the (L) inbound (again, reverse peak still around 4 p.m.), I would never get a seat because the train would already be crowded. Fast forward to when I moved to Brownsville so my commute relied only on the (L) inbound. Would almost always get a seat since I was near the end of the line, but the train would still be pretty crowded by the time it got to 1 Av.

NEXT JOB

Next job was me working overnights in Greenpoint AND in Maspeth. Always left my house at 9 p.m. going inbound and although the ride was pretty empty, the (G) wasn't. No matter what time in which direction, it would still be crowded. Getting off work (you would be waking up for school at that time), I would just take the bus home to AVOID the morning rush crowds.

MOST RECENT JOB

Worked all the way in Yonkers, so my commute consisted of the (3) to the (4) to Metro-North. I always worked late shifts, so I would leave my house at about 2:00 every day (had to catch my 3:19 train to North White Plains so I gave myself some extra room in case of a delay). By he time my (3) got to Utica, the (4) would already be sitting there and be crowded because of the connection, people coming off Utica, and the previous train. Mornings were the worse, as I would almost never even get on the first train at Utica and would have to wait for the next one.

By the time I was making it back home, I would be on the last (4) that goes express at night. All depended on how the W20 ran and if they kept me late enough. Exen if I caught the train that scraped the wall all the way from Woodlawn to Rockaway Av, it would still be crowded. I'm getting back into Brooklyn by 2 a.m. and the train would be crowded and barely any room to stand.

And there you have it...peak, off-peak, overnight, and reverse peak stories, all true. Still think I'm pulling this out my ass or nah?

Archived