4 train service increased while the 5 is not running?

alekr

LMAO

I have a bridge to sell you then

Word lol

Yeah sure, silly me. I'm stupid and retarded for thinking and believing my own fairy tales. How idiotic am I? Pardon me for being so.

I get it now, all southbound (B)(D)(N)(Q) trains are overcrowded during the AM rush over the Manhattan Bridge as well as Jamaica-bound (J)/Middle Village-bound (M) over the Williamsburg Bridge during the AM rush too. In general, all lines are crowded or overcrowded everywhere and everyday no what time a day and no matter where people are going.

So I guess all lines are crowded or overcrowded from end to end and reverse no matter what a time also.

No? How pathetic, just pathetic. The (MTA) will soon run all the flood of trains at all times of the day/night you guys want anyway. In the end, all that money will be nothing but wasted. Go figure.

Gee, I wonder when will the (MTA) release their new loading guidelines or at least their full-line reviews about how long each line is actually crowded between stations, as well as how many people are on the train through each of the East River crossings, since I got basically called a gullible idiot for posting such fairy tales and making so-called excuses. Yeah sure "pal", you have a bridge to sell me. I'm also surprised you're all happy dancy now after you was acting a tough guy in the R32 thread two months ago. Since when did you became so calm and laughable now?

You think southbound (2)(3)(4)(5) trains in Brooklyn throughout the morning are so-called crowded or overcrowded? I'm pretty sure the loading guidelines from four years ago do state otherwise and I'm pretty sure they will continue to do so:

http://www.nymtc.org/files/hub_bound/2011_Hub_Bound_Travel_Data.pdf

Scroll down to Page 70, where you'll see how many people are on downtown trains leaving Wall Street via the Clark Street Tube between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. You'll also see how many people are on downtown trains leaving Bowling Green via the Joralemon Street Tube between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m.

Now scroll back up to Page 68, where you'll see how many people are on Manhattan-bound trains leaving Clark Street via the Clark Street Tube between 10 a.m. and 11 p.m. Monday through Friday, as well as Manhattan-bound trains leaving Borough Hall via the Joralemon Street Tube between 10 a.m. and 11 p.m. Monday through Friday.

A train that only has all of its seats filled up and/or with some people standing doesn't seem "crowded" or "overcrowded" to me. And the amount of people on each train per hour that is only like 5,000 or below isn't high either. More off-peak service isn't needed on the four IRT lines that I've mentioned for obvious reasons. So take that from what you will and keep on deny it.

Also, tell me how many people are on each (A) train an hour during the non-peak periods leaving Fulton Street (southbound) or 59th Street (northbound).

Let's see if ya two big boys who have better "facts" and "experience" than I myself do to break this down, instead of just quoting one little sentence or posting just one sentence.

Should I go bang my head against a wall or nah?

Gee, I wonder when will the (MTA) release their new loading guidelines or at least their full-line reviews about how long each line is actually crowded between stations, as well as how many people are on the train through each of the East River crossings, since I got basically called a gullible idiot for posting such fairy tales and making so-called excuses. Yeah sure "pal", you have a bridge to sell me. I'm also surprised you're all happy dancy now after you was acting a tough guy in the R32 thread two months ago. Since when did you became so calm and laughable now?

You think southbound (2)(3)(4)(5) trains in Brooklyn throughout the morning are so-called crowded or overcrowded? I'm pretty sure the loading guidelines from four years ago do state otherwise and I'm pretty sure they will continue to do so:

http://www.nymtc.org/files/hub_bound/2011_Hub_Bound_Travel_Data.pdf

Scroll down to Page 70, where you'll see how many people are on downtown trains leaving Wall Street via the Clark Street Tube between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. You'll also see how many people are on downtown trains leaving Bowling Green via the Joralemon Street Tube between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m.

Now scroll back up to Page 68, where you'll see how many people are on Manhattan-bound trains leaving Clark Street via the Clark Street Tube between 10 a.m. and 11 p.m. Monday through Friday, as well as Manhattan-bound trains leaving Borough Hall via the Joralemon Street Tube between 10 a.m. and 11 p.m. Monday through Friday.

A train that only has all of its seats filled up and/or with some people standing doesn't seem "crowded" or "overcrowded" to me. And the amount of people on each train per hour that is only like 5,000 or below isn't high either. More off-peak service isn't needed on the four IRT lines that I've mentioned for obvious reasons. So take that from what you will and keep on deny it.

Also, tell me how many people are on each (A) train an hour during the non-peak periods leaving Fulton Street (southbound) or 59th Street (northbound).

Let's see if ya two big boys who have better "facts" and "experience" than I myself do to break this down, instead of just quoting one little sentence or posting just one sentence.

Should I go bang my head against a wall or nah?

4 years Ago is a big difference. Next

Been riding the Eastern Pkwy lines for years now. Peak, off-peak, reverse peak, overnights, middays, all hours. You can try to pull out facts from years ago to try to make your point, but a lot can change in them years.

...oh and nice try at sarcasm a few posts up, B+ for effort. Only person I know to take these subway threads seriously for no reason lol.

IMO about this topic of course they are going to increase (4) train service while the (5) is out the Lex line has the highest ridership in the whole country unless the crew and T/Os on the (5) are going on vacation this summer they better be on the (4) making up the work for the (5)

Off peak loading guidelines are 125%, not a crush load. Using that guideline, some lines should get off peak increases. If the (A) is consistently over 125% seated load and not the (C), the (A) should get increases for exceeding the guideline. The (2) is getting extra weekday evening service in December.

I have to wonder how some people are coming to the conclusions that they have in this thread.  It should be obvious that with the amount of ongoing development in neighborhoods that have been rezoned for more residential use that ridership would increase on numerous lines.  That along with gentrification is causing a massive amount of people to be displaced in some cases leading to ridership increasing on lines that were previously less problematic.  The (L) line is a perfect example.  If you walk through Bushwick as I have going to hang out with friends at their place, you'll see the areas that were once industrial and complete ghost lands and how they've become packed with residential use.

Been riding the Eastern Pkwy lines for years now. Peak, off-peak, reverse peak, overnights, middays, all hours. You can try to pull out facts from years ago to try to make your point, but a lot can change in them years.

...oh and nice try at sarcasm a few posts up, B+ for effort. Only person I know to take these subway threads seriously for no reason lol.

Yeah right, that's your own belief. Keep denying that. And thanks for saying that I'm being sarcastic. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I'm pretty sure you, VG8 and Daniel did that to me previously and a few other times. All you care about is empty trains and getting a seat. Pathetic. I find it stupid that a train could be crowded heading downtown in an outerborough during the morning hours. I don't know where the hell you see that nonsense from, but whatever.

Notice how you didn't even bother to prove me wrong with my posts in this thread. And that's your greatest answer you could give me? Let's ask the (MTA). You may be happy dancy now, but there's no way I'm going to even believe such nonsense that a train is not quiet at all heading downtown in Brooklyn from the CBDs during the MORNING HOURS. How stupid is that?

4 years Ago is a big difference. Next

In yours and his eyes, it is...

All you care about is empty trains and getting a seat. Pathetic. I find it stupid that a train could crowded heading downtown in an outerborough during the morning hours. I don't know where the hell you see that nonsense from, but whatever.

LMAO!! I'm actually laughing in my office as I read this... Too funny... So you've never heard of reverse commuting before huh...

Laugh all you want. How pathetic. I'm 100% positive that southbound trains in Brooklyn and/or any other outer borough for that matter only have their seats filled up with some standees or almost empty in the morning hours (leaving the CBDs). In addition, depending on a certain station that has an exit located at the front or the rear, the end cars are crowded. I'll give you that. But the rest of the train? Never "crowded" or "crushloaded", just the seats being all filled up with some standees or almost empty. I'm not going to believe everything I read on the internet. I'm sticking to what I see. Simple as that. I don't know what the hell kind of time you guys even ride the subway to witness "overcrowding" on trains and on platforms like that anyway...that is so ridiculous...  <_<

Laugh all you want. How pathetic. I'm 100% positive that southbound trains in Brooklyn and/or any other outer borough for that matter only have their seats filled up with some standees or almost empty in the morning hours (leaving the CBDs). In addition, depending on a certain station that has an exit located at the front or the rear, the end cars are crowded. I'll give you that. But the rest of the train? Never "crowded" or "crushloaded", just the seats being all filled up with some standees or almost empty. I'm not going to believe everything I read on the internet. I'm sticking to what I see. Simple as that. I don't know what the hell kind of time you guys even ride the subway to witness "overcrowding" on trains and on platforms like that anyway...that is so ridiculous... <_<

Just out of curiosity, what time do YOU ride the subway? There may be things we see that you don't.

No? How pathetic, just pathetic. The (MTA) will soon run all the flood of trains at all times of the day/night you guys want anyway. In the end, all that money will be nothing but wasted. Go figure.

Well, for starters, too much service is better than too little service. Do you think that the Flushing line, when Queens was but a collection of hamlets, saw the huge ridership numbers it does today? Probably not, but yet they ran the service anyway.

Second of all, you are not going to waste money by running the (2) at higher frequencies than 12 minutes. As has been said previously, those trains are slammed, there is very clearly a demand for the service and if you add more trains, they will get used, not to mention the service will appear a lot more attractive to potential transit users.

I ask this again, how do you plan to attract more people to transit, if you make them wait in a steamy, hot subway station for 12 minutes to get on a packed train.

In yours and his eyes, it is...

It is. Cities see a lot of growth over the span of 4 years.

Well, for starters, too much service is better than too little service. Do you think that the Flushing line, when Queens was but a collection of hamlets, saw the huge ridership numbers it does today? Probably not, but yet they ran the service anyway.

Second of all, you are not going to waste money by running the (2) at higher frequencies than 12 minutes. As has been said previously, those trains are slammed, there is very clearly a demand for the service and if you add more trains, they will get used, not to mention the service will appear a lot more attractive to potential transit users.

I ask this again, how do you plan to attract more people to transit, if you make them wait in a steamy, hot subway station for 12 minutes to get on a packed train.

It is. Cities see a lot of growth over the span of 4 years.

Honestly TTC, I don't understand what you really mean by that...if the (2) ran more frequent than 10 minutes and attracts more riders, wouldn't this just mean more crowded trains, even with more frequent service than 10 minute headways?

Ok, what do you notice at those times? Because from my experience riding almost every line during the PM rush, most do get heavily crowded, especially the (2)(4)(5)(6)(7)(D)(F)(E)(J)(N)(Q) .

To be fair, we're actually talking about off-peak and reverse commuting...not rush hours...

I thought I explained from what I noticed in the subway already in my previous posts already. One of them is that...whenever the (A) is 20 minutes late instead of running on time at 5-10 minutes, it is severely overcrowded and the train directly behind is lightly loaded. But the rest of them are saying that it's "crowded" or "crushloaded", whether it's on time or not.

Me been riding the subway alone longer than you so what's your point?

This is by far the most dumbest and ignorant thing I have ever read from you. I hope you're not expecting an award for riding the subway longer than someone else.

Tone it down with the attitude, wise guy.

--EDIT--

I'm about to lock this shit if this thread doesn't stay civil.

To be fair, we're actually talking about off-peak and reverse commuting...not rush hours...

Ok, but a majority of these lines still get crowded on the weekends, that I know. Because they connect to busy areas like Fordham, The Hub, and Jamaica.

And adding more cars is not a good option with all these G.O.s happening everywhere.

This is by far the most dumbest and ignorant thing I have ever read from you. I hope you're not expecting an award for riding the subway longer than someone else.

Tone it down with the attitude, wise guy.

--EDIT--

I'm about to lock this shit if this thread doesn't stay civil.

Might as well because honestly, this seems like one of these threads that will get to nothing with nothing.

LMAO!! I'm actually laughing in my office as I read this... Too funny... So you've never heard of reverse commuting before huh...

I'm drifting way off topic with this, but many a time have I taken Metro-North from the Bronx to New Rochelle for school, work, and play during the AM commute and I've never gotten a seat.

Heck, I took Metro-North two weeks ago on a Saturday from the Fordham to New Haven and I got flashbacks from my school days... at 5:48 in the morning!

The NYC area is home to the largest reverse commute markets in the country.

I'm drifting way off topic with this, but many a time have I taken Metro-North from the Bronx to New Rochelle for school, work, and play during the AM commute and I've never gotten a seat.

Heck, I took Metro-North two weeks ago on a Saturday from the Fordham to New Haven and I got flashbacks from my school days... at 5:48 in the morning!

The NYC area is home to the largest reverse commute markets in the country.

It isn't off topic.  It just shows that ridership is growing in general with the rail system and that more service helps to attract more ridership.  I myself have been on numerous trains on the Harlem Line and New Haven Line on weekends that were packed the same way some of the subway lines are.

It isn't off topic. It just shows that ridership is growing in general with the rail system and that more service helps to attract more ridership. I myself have been on numerous trains on the Harlem Line and New Haven Line on weekends that were packed the same way some of the subway lines are.

With the way this city is growing, I'm not that surprised.

If this city grows large enough, we would have to make everyone pay their ticket at home.

With the way this city is growing, I'm not that surprised.

If this city grows large enough, we would have to make everyone pay their ticket at home.

The other thing that is bound to happen is more Sunday service.  The (MTA) is SO stingy with Sunday service in general, but ridership is growing at a rate that they'll be forced to do something across the board.  They encourage people to ride transit and then try to curtail service.  Can't have it both ways.

The other thing that is bound to happen is more Sunday service. The (MTA) is SO stingy with Sunday service in general, but ridership is growing at a rate that they'll be forced to do something across the board. They encourage people to ride transit and then try to curtail service. Can't have it both ways.

Who knows? There MIGHT be a time where Saturday and Sunday service could be combined to make "Weekend service".

Not really a reality that can happen but it's something to consider.

Archived