Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Nicholasp said:

What's your list number if you mind me asking? I've been waiting for medical... I've done my pre employment with urine... then they said wait for a email for my medical. 

On 1/26/2022 at 11:16 AM, Bolo said:

Get an abstract/ driving record from DMV

I gotta get my abstract from Florida dmv right 

27 minutes ago, Destiny101 said:

Question?..Under what circumstances would they put you on medical hold? What are they testing for during the medical portion of pre-employment?

If you're bmi is above 35, if your neck is bigger than 17.5( correct me if I'm wrong been a while since my medical), diabetes, something popping up abnormal on the ekg, sleep apnea, color blindness.

5 minutes ago, Watato said:

Hey Guys,

I've been wondering if the reporting terminals for the B division are the northern terminals? I live in southern Brooklyn so being assigned to stillwell would be the dream.

The reporting terminals in the B would be all the terminals in North and South, I live in queens and they keep putting me no where in queens just on the A B C or D. You'd get lucky getting a report location at stillwell. I met this new t/o who lives in stillwell and they send him up to 207 on the A. 

31 minutes ago, Schecter said:

The reporting terminals in the B would be all the terminals in North and South, I live in queens and they keep putting me no where in queens just on the A B C or D. You'd get lucky getting a report location at stillwell. I met this new t/o who lives in stillwell and they send him up to 207 on the A. 

Oh man! That's a pretty lengthy commute. What do you guys do for all that commuting time?

1 hour ago, PatientlyWaiting30 said:

Holy shit!!!! I just got my Canvass / Appointment Ticket email!!!! Can't anyone tell me what is next or what to expect?

This is for medical right ? I got called today too. Already did p/e back in Nov 

9 hours ago, Cerealbox973 said:

Got called for OPA… but damn years later.. I moved to jersey Idk if it’s worth the commute now.. sure my current job doesn’t offer as good benefits but years later idk !!  Good luck to all, be safe .

What’s your list number? And good luck

8 hours ago, Gullys said:

It’s crazy that I never got re schedule for pre employment 

after waiting three months for medical

I’m 42xx 

and they are up to 44xx for medical 

so I got Skip

planning on going there Monday because email and call not doing it 

Same here. I’m 41xx and got a reschedule for preemployment. To my knowledge, preemployment is good for 90 days. I haven’t reached that 90 day mark so I’m hoping to get my medical scheduled for next class.

1 hour ago, PaerdeBoy said:

Same here. I’m 41xx and got a reschedule for preemployment. To my knowledge, preemployment is good for 90 days. I haven’t reached that 90 day mark so I’m hoping to get my medical scheduled for next class.

Going there Monday with my canvass filled up and making sure I get a medical date before leaving 

1 hour ago, PatientlyWaiting30 said:

I have no idea 🤷🏽‍♂️ lol. Just mad excited. I was hoping someone can tell me what it's for. I'm guessing medical because it's my first form of contact with them 

If this is your first time going then it is not for medical. The whole pre-employment process starts with you receiving the Canvass letter via email. You return that via email and wait.

If you are selected then they will bring you in for the first day of pre-employment (Drug Testing). They'll email you some forms to full out and bring with you in the day of your drug test. You'll also need to bring in all original documents like Covid-19 Vaccination Card, SS Card, HS Diploma, Birth Certificate, etc. The email and the forms will have a detailed list of what you have to bring.

Once you do all of that and do the drug test you will be called at some point for day 2 of pre-employment (Medical). You will receive another email telling you when to come in and another big firm to fill out and bring with you on the day of your medical appointment. 

According to others here, your drug test is good for 90 days. They will tell you that you can be called anywhere from 3 to 90 days after your drug test for a medical appointment. Should you not be called within 90 days you will have to do the drug test over again.