Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Jj21 said:

I completed my drug test 12/9. I contacted Olha to reschedule my medical. I completed medical and fingerprints yesterday and will be apart of the Feb. 21 class. Good luck to everybody!

That crazy I was there too yesterday 

from 6am to 4-5pm it’s was long process

im in the class for Feb 21 too

19 hours ago, Jj21 said:

I completed my drug test 12/9. I contacted Olha to reschedule my medical. I completed medical and fingerprints yesterday and will be apart of the Feb. 21 class. Good luck to everybody!

What is your list number if u don’t mind me asking ?

On 2/15/2022 at 12:12 AM, Jj21 said:

When I try to upload, it says incorrect bday and bsc Id, when it’s correct and I’m also having issues with safeguard

I was told by employment that your employee ID aka BSC will only work on your official start day that when your consider a Transit employee 

why they didn’t tell us that Friday 

8 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

So theyre up to 44xx in the medical...alright that gives me hope since im 46xx, hopefully by mid-year Ill be called in again to do pre-employment again

Should I still give them a call?

I called and I'm 48xx. Literally they'll just tell you to wait to be rescheduled for pre employment 

On 2/11/2022 at 8:20 AM, PatientlyWaiting30 said:

Hey, I see a lot of people questioning if they should jump on this opportunity because they are already at another position. I think you most definitely have to weigh the pros and cons. You have benefits, overtime, can easily hit $100,000 annually once you reach top pay and a full pension. Consider the costs of health insurance. I believe your wife and kids can be covered in transits health benefits plan, correct me if I'm wrong. You also have job security. For someone like myself who has been through tough times I want to make sure my job will be there tomorrow. Job security is of the utmost importance to me. 

For the gentleman working for the B.O.E I believe you mentioned you are older, have summers off, are deep into your pension and you like it. If your job is secure, like iron clad, maybe I'd stay.  

for the gentleman in retail, now unless you're a manager or u work commission, it doesn't matter, I'd bounce. The only plus I see is if you have some transferable bookkeeping skills. Stay in retail?! No thanks, gimme the homeless and pissed of New Yorkers any day. This is nyc. It's all about the money and being able to afford to live here and provide for your family. Out of pocket health insurance is crazy expensive plus mta has more job security. So what if I gotta work far and crazy hours, we been waiting 7 years for this opportunity. 

as for me, someone can take my spot. Literally Just got offered an analyst position yesterday with a start up and the benefits are better than MTA's. I would work remote, so I save money on gas, food and don't have to get up any earlier for my commute. Plus I was a doorman for 9 years. I'm never, ever answering to someone again, have a Shitty schedule, or work weekends. That's a dub. I worked hard and studied hard to get here, with no college degree. Corporate is much easier to deal with than a bunch of pri*cvs who feel entitled or having to go through hoops and bounds for vacation and where everything is based on seniority. No thanks. Unlimited PTO was the icing on the cake. 

I’m glad to be reading this and seeing that so many other people are indecisive about the jump. I am set to start training on Monday. I have had some time to sit and weigh out the pros and cons of this switch. I am taking a leap of faith, hopeful that this was the right move in the grand scheme of things. I work a corporate job in banking. I’ve been there for 5 years. My salary is more there than it is starting out as conductor. I have holidays and weekends off. 9-5 schedule. I’m in the office only two days out the week. I get little more than 4 weeks of paid time off throughout the year. 

I am making the jump because of what the overtime pay can potentially be. My job offered a 15k counter but I still feel as though I can start completing some goals I have set more immediately with MTA.

That being said.. The sacrifice of personal time for money or the forfeit of solace for stress is a difficult battle in the interim when you have to decide what’s most important to you. Commute will be hell for me and more expensive since I’ll need to travel more days out the week. 

Benefits of health insurance, pension and job security are all a bonus but not my driving force.

I wish everyone a clear head in their choice making. I hope it works out for all of us. 

22 hours ago, Gullys said:

I was told by employment that your employee ID aka BSC will only work on your official start day that when your consider a Transit employee 

why they didn’t tell us that Friday 

My official start day is the 21st. I was able to order my boots and they took one day to arrive. They ship with UPS and require a signature on delivery. If you have UPS my choice you can request the package to be left without signature. The site is SAFGARD.COM. The employee information should be on the packet you were given with reporting instructions for first and second day. I believe I was told to wait three days after being initially sworn before ordering the shoes. 

47 minutes ago, JackDorsey said:

My official start day is the 21st. I was able to order my boots and they took one day to arrive. They ship with UPS and require a signature on delivery. If you have UPS my choice you can request the package to be left without signature. The site is SAFGARD.COM. The employee information should be on the packet you were given with reporting instructions for first and second day. I believe I was told to wait three days after being initially sworn before ordering the shoes. 

Did you upload the  vaccination card and it work too? 

just as I seen your post I try safgard and it work but the vaccination card site still unable I guess you gotta wait until official employment 

Edited by Gullys

On 2/11/2022 at 8:20 AM, PatientlyWaiting30 said:

Hey, I see a lot of people questioning if they should jump on this opportunity because they are already at another position. I think you most definitely have to weigh the pros and cons. You have benefits, overtime, can easily hit $100,000 annually once you reach top pay and a full pension. Consider the costs of health insurance. I believe your wife and kids can be covered in transits health benefits plan, correct me if I'm wrong. You also have job security. For someone like myself who has been through tough times I want to make sure my job will be there tomorrow. Job security is of the utmost importance to me. 

For the gentleman working for the B.O.E I believe you mentioned you are older, have summers off, are deep into your pension and you like it. If your job is secure, like iron clad, maybe I'd stay.  

for the gentleman in retail, now unless you're a manager or u work commission, it doesn't matter, I'd bounce. The only plus I see is if you have some transferable bookkeeping skills. Stay in retail?! No thanks, gimme the homeless and pissed of New Yorkers any day. This is nyc. It's all about the money and being able to afford to live here and provide for your family. Out of pocket health insurance is crazy expensive plus mta has more job security. So what if I gotta work far and crazy hours, we been waiting 7 years for this opportunity. 

as for me, someone can take my spot. Literally Just got offered an analyst position yesterday with a start up and the benefits are better than MTA's. I would work remote, so I save money on gas, food and don't have to get up any earlier for my commute. Plus I was a doorman for 9 years. I'm never, ever answering to someone again, have a Shitty schedule, or work weekends. That's a dub. I worked hard and studied hard to get here, with no college degree. Corporate is much easier to deal with than a bunch of pri*cvs who feel entitled or having to go through hoops and bounds for vacation and where everything is based on seniority. No thanks. Unlimited PTO was the icing on the cake. 

Thanks for the insight. Having summers off, weekends, holidays  is just too good to leave while being at the same pay as five year mta conductor. I'm literally home by 3pm and my day starts at 8am. It was once a childhood dream but things change. I do feel guilty letting this go by, but that's life, Making tough choices. 

43 minutes ago, Toba817 said:

Thanks for the insight. Having summers off, weekends, holidays  is just too good to leave while being at the same pay as five year mta conductor. I'm literally home by 3pm and my day starts at 8am. It was once a childhood dream but things change. I do feel guilty letting this go by, but that's life, Making tough choices. 

Honestly I thought when I first took this test, I scored well but it wasn't good enough to be in a good position to be called. My list is 77## and I am praying by now and next year when this list expires, I do get called. But if not I'll just take it again and do my best. Honestly that's all you could do and just hope for the best. 🙏🙏🙏

1 hour ago, Toba817 said:

I just received a letter about OPA but my score is 62xx, is this the pre-employment part? Also if anyone has any information on how to put my name back on the list on DCAS or reschedule I would highly appreciate it. 

Thank you in advance much appreciated.

The OPA is another exam of sorts. You get shown or told scenarios and you have to respond with what you would do if you were a Conductor on duty. 

As a list number in the 62xx range your name shouldn't need to be reinstated. You just got the letter for OPA so you're still on the list. If you need to reschedule your OPA it should say how on the letter. If it does not, try contacting Olha Nyahay at Olha.Nyahay@nyct.com and also employment operations at RTOEmploymentOperations@nyct.com 

hey, everyone... long time no chat...

So... tomorrow I am scheduled to go into 180 Linvingston, hopefully finally through this process.

I was originally called back in September. I was placed on Medical hold due to my neck size, the doctors believing I have sleep apnea. well, he were right, so, I go through the process of getting the CPAP machine. but there was a delay in actually acquiring the machine. I only got it in mid January due to a massive recall.

So, I hope the doctor clears me tomorrow. 

My issue is one question on the paperwork, regarding if I was ever disciplined. 

I'm a little nervous. My last long term job (not couting my time with the Census in 2020, I was the poor shmuck who had to go door to door for people who hadn't sent in their stuff already) was at a Staples. In 2018, a lot of the managers above me were fired, and I, along with probably a few other rank and file workers, were placed on displinary probation. The managers were doing things that were not above board to increase their sales. Corporate Loss Prevention was sympathetic, accepting the fact I was tricked by people I thought I could trust. A few months later, the replacement manager let me go. 

Basically, my question is A:How honest should I be, how much detail? It's been almost six years.

B: do any of you think this will have a negative affect on my chances of getting hired if I am honest?