Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

24 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

Yes but keep in mind if you want the B division, there may be a chance you won’t get it if you’re at or near the bottom of the seniority list. Most people want the B division so it ends up being full. Some people have no choice but to be in the A division. 

Yea cause B division is better 😭😭

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MikeBonds said:

It’s all about where you live, if you live manhattan or bronx then the A division is better because most of the terminals and jobs start uptown, if you live in queens or Brooklyn then the B division is better. 

Yeah I’m in Queens 🙏🏽 praying I get B division 

11 minutes ago, Bossyk said:

Yea cause B division is better 😭😭

Some people pick it because they don’t want to deal with the Bronx but most people pick it because of where they live especially in queens and Brooklyn. For me personally I live near all the A division lines so that’s why I picked it. 

2 minutes ago, MikeBonds said:

It’s all about where you live, if you live manhattan or bronx then the A division is better because most of the terminals and jobs start uptown, if you live in queens or Brooklyn then the B division is better. 

Yes that pretty much sums it up

On 12/10/2023 at 1:32 AM, Alucard said:

Okay, you're infact looking for a wage progression chart. While postings for jobs will show the progression chart, if there's been no recent posting it might not be easily accessible to grab. I would suspect the progression will mirror the breakdowns of most twu repped positions. 70% $25.05 of $35.79. This will be just math if you know the time period to 100% and the percentage increase on the progression. But yeah, some job postings do offer the charts up front

The chart is floating around. Ask a union rep for it. I've seen it before the contract ratified.

1 hour ago, Kamen Rider said:

it's based on the demand. who needs what when.

Like... of my induction group was 30 to the A and 20 to the B. of the 20 of us, only 12 are still working as conductors. some people got called for other things. some people quit. One i know got fired. 

Okay that definitely makes sense. My induction group was too much to count. 2 wanted the B division but got forced to the A division. It was about 20 of us in the A division and the B division had at least 30 people.

Went yesterday for pre-employment. I thought I was never going to leave. I got there at 745am I didn’t leave until close to 5 pm. Waiting to get drug tested. One thing for sure ppl were right when they said everything needs to be filled out precisely on the preemployment paper. Even the job history when you were unemployed had to be also added. They also said the Train operators have a class starting the 26th. As for conductors we have to wait till January. 

3 minutes ago, Amir said:

Went yesterday for pre-employment. I thought I was never going to leave. I got there at 745am I didn’t leave until close to 5 pm. Waiting to get drug tested. One thing for sure ppl were right when they said everything needs to be filled out precisely on the preemployment paper. Even the job history when you were unemployed had to be also added. They also said the Train operators have a class starting the 26th. As for conductors we have to wait till January. 

yeah the december conductor class already started there should be one more next month

50 minutes ago, Amir said:

Oh yea everything has to be precise. The medical will be just as long. Be prepared to be there all day. You’ll get called for medical don’t worry about it.

Question about the medical hold. Is there any number that I can call in regards to setting up an appointment or is it better to just go down to 180? I was given an email and a number to call. I emailed but haven't gotten a response yet, and I called, but the number was apparently just for general inquiries and I was told to use the email that I got from the paper that was given to me to schedule an appointment.

Edited by Cait Sith

9 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Question about the medical hold. Is there any number that I can call in regards to setting up an appointment or is it better to just go down to 180? I was given an email and a number to call. I emailed but haven't gotten a response yet, and I called, but the number was apparently just for general inquiries and I was told to use the email that I got from the paper that was given to me to schedule an appointment.

JUST GO

13 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Man listen you better GO and handle that...

Get whatever condition you got in order they crazy Short CRs down here...

They was short 8 CRs on the (F) line alone yesterday..

On the PMs... The AMs they was short 13...

Edited by RTOMan

11 minutes ago, Amir said:

They did say the next Conductor class won’t be until next year. They have a Train operator class on the 26th. Hopefully after Christmas they send out emails  

Yes I remember them saying that. I think someone in this forum had pre employment 11/2 and already had medical. I'm just wondering because I work for the city and would like give proper notice. Never know if I may need to come back.