Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

Hi friends,

In keeping with the theme of decision-making in recent posts, I just reactivated my list number(22××) after deciding not to persue the job last spring. I got the email Friday morning confirming my name was reactivated. Where do I go from here? I dont want to be stuck in medical hold purgatory so I'm making an appointment with my PCP to refer a sleep study. Are there any other roadblocks I can anticipate and try to clear before being called for medical/drug testing? I have high blood pressure, but have been on medication for it for years. Would I need a letter from my doctor confirming my treatment? 

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/14/2022 at 9:39 AM, Kamen Rider said:

welp... I just sent in the request to have my number restored. Cross your fingers

I don't have any insider knowledge or anything but they just had a class called in last month. It might be a while before they call another one.

56 minutes ago, bladerunner2218 said:

Does anyone have any knowledge as to how it takes time wise between the OPA and the pre employment/drug test appointment? I took the OPA Jan 27th and I haven't heard anything from them. My list number is 57xx. Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

I completed the OPA on February 24th and they told us 4-8 weeks.Im guessing  it will take longer. 
63xx

21 minutes ago, bladerunner2218 said:

I thought the drug test is done the same day as your pre employment when you bring the paperwork they gave us at the OPA? Am I correct or mistaken?

When I went I just gave in paperwork and I peed in a cup but I didn't do full medical. They said they will call me within 3 months to do it been past three months. 

14 hours ago, Nicholasp said:

When I went I just gave in paperwork and I peed in a cup but I didn't do full medical. They said they will call me within 3 months to do it been past three months. 

Pre-employment is two separate days. One is the drug test. You can end up doing multiple drug test days until your number is reached to be called in for medical. Medical is the second pre-employment day of the two. You do not go in for drug test one day and come back the next for medical. They will tell you after the drug test that you may be called anywhere from 3 to 90 days after your drug test. If 90 days passes, you will have to do another drug test (day one) when they call you back for pre-employment. 

12 hours ago, Gullys said:

Feb 20 classes finished April 12

midterm was today 

tomorrow practical 

then third rail jumping Monday and posting 

So new school car classes should be starting soon if not already 

I'm still waiting to go back and redo pre employment, so hope this time around. But is it confirmed there's a class after yours?

Took my pre-employment in November 2021 and just got an email today to come back again April 8th for pre-employment. My list is 49##, so hopefully this is the last time I need to go in before I get an email to finally start medical.

Just now, Chris8 said:

Took my pre-employment in November 2021 and just got an email today to come back again April 8th for pre-employment. My list is 49##, so hopefully this is the last time I need to go in before I get an email to finally start medical.

I just got the same, but for April 7th. List 46xx. Good luck to all who are going next week

On 4/1/2022 at 6:08 PM, Chris8 said:

Morning, if you don't mind me asking; why the pre-employment again? Medical hold? or they slacked on their end and never followed up with medical?