Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Crozay said:

Just got my score and my pre employment papers in the mail and I’m in the 1700s. Things seem to be moving but probably no method to the madness apparently.

Congrats when do you go in for preemployment and late 1700s or low 1700s.

On 1/4/2019 at 11:54 PM, Grey3 said:

Hey guys I'm new to the forum, but I've been reading these forums for information about 2 years now. I got my letter the day after Christmas & drug tested that following Monday. I scored a 95 & had been listed as #264.000. The 2nd letter i got stated that it was a permanent position. It seems they are going really fast with this hiring process as I have an interview on the 8th & if all goes well class starts on the 14th of Jan.

For those who are in the process as well I have 1 question, they asked me to bring a money order of $88 & change (88.25 or 88.75). I was working at the time I got the call & didn't catch what the cent amount was. If any 1 could provide the exact amount I would grateful.

To close I really want to say THANK YOU!!! to everyone that provided information as it has been very helpful.

Did you start class on the 14th?

Don't think that because they called you that quickly for pre-employment that the rest of the process will go as quickly. You might be going 2, 3 or 4 more times before you actually start. Bear in mind that they are processing provisionals as permanent as well as hiring off the street. Drug tests are only good for 90 days and they certainly don't need upwards of 1000 clerks immediately.

1 minute ago, hmc12989 said:

Don't think that because they called you that quickly for pre-employment that the rest of the process will go as quickly. You might be going 2, 3 or 4 more times before you actually start. Bear in mind that they are processing provisionals as permanent as well as hiring off the street. Drug tests are only good for 90 days and they certainly don't need upwards of 1000 clerks immediately.

What does that mean off the street? And do you work in the MTA Employment Center...this comment is wild. Such a downer ugh....ijs those comments could of been kept to yourself because everybody is processed differently and you don’t know how many S/A they need. Ugh ppl...your provisional I believe with double digits and they have not called you for a permanent spot yet so....take it for what it’s worth ✌🏾These are reasons ppl don’t like to share in these forums cause of ppl like you 👎🏾

Actually I was made permanent last week...not that it particularly matters or is your business, and as someone who took FOUR trips to 180 before I got hired to begin with I'm preparing people for what this might entail for them...false starts are kind of annoying. It took SIX MONTHS from my first call to the day I started work. Every time my phone rang with a 718-694 number I was like "oh snap this is it...oh never mind I just have to fill out the same packet for the third time and pee in a cup again"

Off the street means people who were never provisional to begin with. People retire and take promotions out of stations with regularity but there's not a huge lack of people. They will keep people waiting on pins and needles for months until they need them plain and simple. Now that the list is certified they are obligated to work in some semblance of sequence.

If you want to live in some lala land about the speed at which TA moves, be my guest. Considering until about last December they were CUTTING booths they certainly don't need 1000 clerks. That's common sense.

5 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

Actually I was made permanent last week...not that it particularly matters or is your business, and as someone who took FOUR trips to 180 before I got hired to begin with I'm preparing people for what this might entail for them...false starts are kind of annoying. It took SIX MONTHS from my first call to the day I started work. Every time my phone rang with a 718-694 number I was like "oh snap this is it...oh never mind I just have to fill out the same packet for the third time and pee in a cup again"

Off the street means people who were never provisional to begin with. People retire and take promotions out of stations with regularity but there's not a huge lack of people. They will keep people waiting on pins and needles for months until they need them plain and simple. Now that the list is certified they are obligated to work in some semblance of sequence.

If you want to live in some lala land about the speed at which TA moves, be my guest. Considering until about last December they were CUTTING booths they certainly don't need 1000 clerks. That's common sense.

Hahaha

Just now, TrueBlu said:

Hahaha

Some people already know how MTA hiring process goes and it’s not about my business or yours it’s a forum. It helps people get an idea of what’s going on. This is not my not their first rodeo so again thanks for your negativity...say what ever you want it doesn’t matter but I see you didn’t share your permanent invite so foh

12 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

I went for the provisional and they did the hiring freeze 14 numbers before mine so I know exactly what you’re talking about. How I’m in the 1200s this time around and got called to come into tmrw for permanent with that high of a number doesn’t make sense to me.

That being said I don’t think going back and forth talking down to each other is really helping anyone or anything, not that it’s just you. Tbh guys I was in line for train operator but failed the medical because I’m slightly color deficient so I know all about the ups and downs and how frustrating this process can be.

However, I highly doubt they’re wasting time and money calling people in to get drug tested for no reason. You waited 6 months, but that doesn’t mean it’ll be the same this time around. When I got called for the permanent TO position, I waited 5 business days to have to go in for final processing. I was told then as well that they invite many at once because there is in fact a high rate of no-shows, failed drug screenings, and people who when fingerprinted come up with issues. I wouldn’t say what happened with you for the provisional hire is the absolute standard of how this shakes out.

3 minutes ago, SeanH525 said:

I went for the provisional and they did the hiring freeze 14 numbers before mine so I know exactly what you’re talking about. How I’m in the 1200s this time around and got called to come into tmrw for permanent with that high of a number doesn’t make sense to me.

That being said I don’t think going back and forth talking down to each other is really helping anyone or anything, not that it’s just you. Tbh guys I was in line for train operator but failed the medical because I’m slightly color deficient so I know all about the ups and downs and how frustrating this process can be.

However, I highly doubt they’re wasting time and money calling people in to get drug tested for no reason. You waited 6 months, but that doesn’t mean it’ll be the same this time around. When I got called for the permanent TO position, I waited 5 business days to have to go in for final processing. I was told then as well that they invite many at once because there is in fact a high rate of no-shows, failed drug screenings, and people who when fingerprinted come up with issues. I wouldn’t say what happened with you for the provisional hire is the absolute standard of how this shakes out.

I totally agree but I just felt the need to say what I said. We all join these forums for information but not to hear negativity. Some people may not know how MTA operates but many do. #ijs

CAN’T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!  😂 

At this point i just like to check in and I’m happy that ppl are being called in ... I’m still waiting for myself i get tired of calling getting the run around or half ass / incorrect info. But I’ve notice ppl with higher list number then I have been getting called in... at the end of the day the only thing i can do is wait. Everything happens for a reason. However, i am happy  all that have been called in so far. 

3 hours ago, hmc12989 said:

This isn’t my first time. I’m already well aware I may take multiple trips, I appreciate the realism that you shared but maybe word it different next time lol. Comes off a little harsh. Anywho, well see what happens. I’m just happy the process is moving along because I was on the conductor list and got cut about 100 shy before the list expired. Saddening. 

....yeahhhhh... so on a lighter note, 

guys when they tell you to prepare to be there all day - PREPARE TO BE THERE ALL DAY 😩

i got there at 7:30am and had to wait on a line that wrapped through the whole floor 

After the orientation and waiting FOREVER for the lab (I had time to go get lunch for over an hour and come back, and still had to wait) I finally got out around 5:09pm. 

There was a wide range of Bus operators and Station agents there for pre-employment 

seemingly , as fast as they’re going through the list and calling ppl in - it seems like theyre in need of ppl 

Everyone’s experience is different - from my understanding there’s a new class every 3-4 weeks or so ,  so I’m in faith for everyone getting in sooner than later 

Anyways after completing everything , they told me to look for an email or phone call 3-90 days from now ...quite a wide range of time but again , hopefully it’ll be sooner than later - 

has anyone on this list gotten pass this part yet ?

Went today for pre-employment and somehow managed to get out of there at 10:30am. Nuts. They of course gave the same old 3-90 day routine when leaving but I don’t think it’ll take very long this time around. If there was a 1/14 class that means one should be coming up in early February as well. I wish they gave us that information...

2 hours ago, SeanH525 said:

Went today for pre-employment and somehow managed to get out of there at 10:30am. Nuts. They of course gave the same old 3-90 day routine when leaving but I don’t think it’ll take very long this time around. If there was a 1/14 class that means one should be coming up in early February as well. I wish they gave us that information...

My point exactly when I said everybody’s experiences are different- this is proof 😂

so hopefully No one  becomes discouraged from reading another persons experience be it negative or indifferent 

theres always hope your situation will turn out differently 

while the process is the same everyone’s experience may differ from the next , I wish I could have gotten  outta there at 10:30 😩 / I had to run to night school afterwards half dead 😂

So I noticed some people with much higher  numbers then me getting called so I went in person to 180 the guy behind the window in the room on the right told me they were not calling from the list yet! So I decided to go upstairs and inquire...however the person in charge was in a meeting...decided to call around. 5:00 pm the same day and explained my situation. I was told that my letter was already sent to my home and I missed my pre employment date....I explained that I never received it so I was told to come in the following day at 7:30am which I did! I was finished by 10:30 or 11:00 am they told me to wait 3-90 days to hear from them so I’m currently waiting 

1 minute ago, Chy said:

So I noticed some people with much higher  numbers then me getting called so I went in person to 180 the guy behind the window in the room on the right told me they were not calling from the list yet! So I decided to go upstairs and inquire...however the person in charge was in a meeting...decided to call around. 5:00 pm the same day and explained my situation. I was told that my letter was already sent to my home and I missed my pre employment date....I explained that I never received it so I was told to come in the following day at 7:30am which I did! I was finished by 10:30 or 11:00 am they told me to wait 3-90 days to hear from them so I’m currently waiting 

This is huge if true. Could that many people’s letters have been lost in the mail?

5 minutes ago, Chy said:

What is your list number and did you go for preemployment today?