68 St - Hunter College Station to get major overhaul next year.

Javier

The problem when this was originally proposed I believe had to with concerns by some who had property that the values would shrink, especially where they know their heirs would likely be looking to sell the property once they die off (and likely some of those know those heirs in some cases are looking at such as a "cash cow" to pay for their wants).  This new plan seems to get rid of some of those issues even though it probably would be best if possible to build a second mezzanine at the back of that station that went out to 70th-71st/Lex.  

The likelihood of property values dropping in the Upper East Side is the same as the island of Manhattan being converted into a maximum security prison Escape from New York-style.

You and I know better, but the problem is, some of these people still have perceptions of what the subway was 40-45 years ago and still think of it in many cases as the crime-ridden hole it was believed to be (and was in some cases) in the 1970's and early '80s.  The likely think "the wrong kind" will automatically show in the area and drive prices down, still in some cases thinking everything is just as it was in the '70s.  That is difficult to change no matter how much you tell them. 

You and I know better, but the problem is, some of these people still have perceptions of what the subway was 40-45 years ago and still think of it in many cases as the crime-ridden hole it was believed to be (and was in some cases) in the 1970's and early '80s.  The likely think "the wrong kind" will automatically show in the area and drive prices down, still in some cases thinking everything is just as it was in the '70s.  That is difficult to change no matter how much you tell them. 

Without a doubt...

Archived