ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

9 hours ago, Mtahopeful2287 said:

Update sorry guys had issues logging into the forum 

List 401x 

I was sworn in on Tuesday 6/7  for 6/20 class. What should us starting on the 20th expect on the first day ? Those of you still waiting please check your spam folders every email from them went into spam and good luck guys any questions please feel free 

Congrats!! I knew it was gonna work out for you! 

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

Question for people who are already on the job: do we accrue AVAs only if we work on the day of the Holiday or even if we work the day before or after the Holiday but not that actual day? 

You accrue the holiday whether you work it or it is your scheduled RDO. If you book off sick before or right after the holiday, you have to provide sick lines.

37 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

Question for people who are already on the job: do we accrue AVAs only if we work on the day of the Holiday or even if we work the day before or after the Holiday but not that actual day? 

If you’re asking to bank it, you have to call the IVR some holidays that fall on the weekends, the IVR won’t recognize it so it’s the day after. Just call timekeeping next day or 2 to verify that the day was requested as being banked.

1 minute ago, Imhim said:

If you’re asking to bank it, you have to call the IVR some holidays that fall on the weekends, the IVR won’t recognize it so it’s the day after. Just call timekeeping next day or 2 to verify that the day was requested as being banked.

For banked days can you use them whenever and stack them to take a vacation?

5 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

You have to request a day off 3-20 days in advanced and it has to be approved first. You can request up to three days in a row, but good luck getting all three approved as it's a luck of the draw with other people requesting as well.

On 6/10/2022 at 5:11 PM, FilippoSironi said:

They only make you make up days that you're posting. Calling out for regular schoolcar class days or anything like that they don't make you make it up. That's my experience at least. 

Either way works for me.  Just hope that itc won't fall on the day of a test or practical.

58 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

Yeah you could do so much with ya RDOs, most you can get approved is 3 days consecutive. The request must be put in 20 days prior to get a guaranteed approval. The wknds and mondays be hard but you can do it if you’re on the line at the right time. You’ll get the hang of it when you start lol

58 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Yeah you could do so much with ya RDOs, most you can get approved is 3 days consecutive. The request must be put in 20 days prior to get a guaranteed approval. The wknds and mondays be hard but you can do it if you’re on the line at the right time. You’ll get the hang of it when you start lol

Sounds similar to my current job.  The 1st of the month they open the holiday book and is first come first serve.

Anyone recently received pre-emplyoment email? Which number is up now?

This is to notify you that, at this time, the last list number appointed for Train Operator Exam # 7604 was # 4149. This i got email from NYCT.

that number is who was called for pre-employment and was processed, drug tested, and appointed to the position.

So I was wondering which number is calling now for just pre0employment. my number is 49xx

21 minutes ago, JPkim1130 said:

This is to notify you that, at this time, the last list number appointed for Train Operator Exam # 7604 was # 4149. This i got email from NYCT.

that number is who was called for pre-employment and was processed, drug tested, and appointed to the position.

So I was wondering which number is calling now for just pre0employment. my number is 49xx

I believe 47xx

3 hours ago, trackerjack said:

i heard its happening.  seems like 1 class a month. sometimes they do skip.  keep the hope alive.  i mean......they did call "ME"!!! surprised i'm fit for duty

The director of training in my orientation speech said that they would possibly skip a month here and there but that’s based on tss/instructor availability.  He also however when I asked him what class we’d be in said “don’t worry about that there’s classes all the way to the end of the year”.

lastly, why would they continually pre employ past 44xx almost 48 or 49xx when they’ve only hired up to 4149 if there are no more classes…..

4 hours ago, trackerjack said:

i heard its happening.  seems like 1 class a month. sometimes they do skip.  keep the hope alive.  i mean......they did call "ME"!!! surprised i'm fit for duty

How you Know? From where did you get this info from?

11 hours ago, JPkim1130 said:

I was 47XX went for pre employment 6/2 so you should be called soon just be ready for an email or a call I only did drug testing and submitted my application that day I’m waiting for an email or call to come back for “phase 2”was told it can take anywhere from 3-90 days

2 hours ago, Kashmulla said:

I was 47XX went for pre employment 6/2 so you should be called soon just be ready for an email or a call I only did drug testing and submitted my application that day I’m waiting for an email or call to come back for “phase 2”was told it can take anywhere from 3-90 days

Thank you!

6 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

The director of training in my orientation speech said that they would possibly skip a month here and there but that’s based on tss/instructor availability.  He also however when I asked him what class we’d be in said “don’t worry about that there’s classes all the way to the end of the year”.

lastly, why would they continually pre employ past 44xx almost 48 or 49xx when they’ve only hired up to 4149 if there are no more classes…..

What part of the process are you up too?

Edit: Im going Thursday to clear my medical hold. For those that have done the same do they finish the rest of your paperwork that day as well or does it depend if there is an opening in the next class? They did tell me in the email I might have to take a second drug test.

Edited by thegameksk