ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

I’m list #47** went in for Pre-Employment 6/3/2022. Do anyone know how long they take to get an email/call for medical? I know it haven’t been 60-90 days yet but I’m just excited and curious. Maybe a July or August class if everything goes good with medical ? 

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, d4rkst4r said:

How are the trains in the A division?  I was assigned that division and someone said the trains are newer and a bit easier to handle than the r46s?

The A Div is basically R62s R62As R142's R142As and R188s..

Up to you to see how the trains handle because every train is different..

Yet two handles some have felt more "In control" than One handle and over time down here it wont matter a train will be a train..

1 hour ago, d4rkst4r said:

How are the trains in the A division?  I was assigned that division and someone said the trains are newer and a bit easier to handle than the r46s?

Not counting the 46s, the 62s are a bit older, IIRC, than the 68s. I started off in the A, so I'm partial to the rolling stock on that side of the world. The 62s are probably the hardest out of anything with an uncomfortable master controller, slow releasing brakes, and some jerky sets, but with time, practice, and confidence, you'll be able to master them. The A division New Tech aren't as good as the R-160s, IMHO, but they're decent trains. Just be careful with them in the wet. The 62As are decent sets, but they're just attached to lines that people complain about.

With that said, don't worry too much about the trains. You'll have plenty of time for that. Focus on your rules, and as they start handing them to you, your signals and train concepts as well. 

2 hours ago, TCart said:

I’m list #47** went in for Pre-Employment 6/3/2022. Do anyone know how long they take to get an email/call for medical? I know it haven’t been 60-90 days yet but I’m just excited and curious. Maybe a July or August class if everything goes good with medical ? 

There’s no set time or exact time frame.. the way it’s looking.. you might have to wait to wait the full 90 days. There’s no July class so we’re all waiting until then… one thing I can say.. since you’re new… all the questions you has most def been asked & answered before.. no disrespect at all..  it there’s about 400 some odd pages here.. skim threw a few.. I did and it was definitely helpful! Welcome aboard, sit tight get ready to exercise some patience! 

Oh trust I have read almost all of the forums I’m just seeing if I can get info on the individuals specifically who went on the date I went or in the time frame that I went to Livingston. So there is no July class ? I’ve read some saying every month it’s a class but most are saying there is no July class but no one has a real answer. I don’t mind waiting though I’m very patient I just want to leave my job FAST haha but thank you 

52 minutes ago, dincena said:

How long were you and your classmates "extra extra"?

My current B div classmates just missed this past pick and are XX for another 6 months. They will have spent a year as XX when it's all said n done.

30 minutes ago, beanz said:

My current B div classmates just missed this past pick and are XX for another 6 months. They will have spent a year as XX when it's all said n done.

it looks like in this last pick people with seniority number 32XX were able to pick XL. Im 36XX. 

6 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Man listen my first Pick on that Charlie i got a crash coruse in those R46s...

There's a part of me that wants to argue that there's a good chance that the 46 on the C almost a decade ago was guaranteed to be in better shape than today. So the train was more reliable, but you were still stuck with the awkward seat and control setup. :-/

I've jokingly said if the A was 68s, I'd be signing in at Far Rock next week.

Edited by Keikyu Motorman

12 hours ago, d4rkst4r said:

This zoom session has been so poorly organized.  It's been extremely frustrating.  I really hope the actual job isn't such a mess.

Yo I was sleeping on that zoom called the whole time 😂😂😂 I hope nobody saw that on my Camera, I even peep some people watching tv 😂😂😂

plus this my second time hearing it so I already know what going on 

Hahaha thanks for the reassurance guys!

One question I wanted to ask.  The guy leading the orientation mentioned that when you start your shift, it's not necessarily when you start your tour.  Like lets say you start your shift at 9am, but you don't actually start driving the train until 10:30am then you have to do the whole tour so now it's 8+ hours. 

How often does that happen?

4 minutes ago, d4rkst4r said:

One question I wanted to ask.  The guy leading the orientation mentioned that when you start your shift, it's not necessarily when you start your tour.  Like lets say you start your shift at 9am, but you don't actually start driving the train until 10:30am then you have to do the whole tour so now it's 8+ hours. 

When you get a road job, usually your trip will start 15 minutes in. The person might've been talking about being on board. When you're on board, you can pick up a job up to the last minute before you clear your 8th hour.

6 hours ago, d4rkst4r said:

It’s being on board.. you will get used to it.. you will be on board on average about twice a week.. we’ll sit around sometimes for 30 mins.. sometimes for 4 hours.  Then you’ll pick up a job in a different location and start the job.  It’s annoying at first but I got used to it.. I was extra extra for 2 and a half years

9 hours ago, Jericho said:

When you get a road job, usually your trip will start 15 minutes in. The person might've been talking about being on board. When you're on board, you can pick up a job up to the last minute before you clear your 8th hour.

Ah I understand.  So the job is not assigned to you, it's up to you to decide which one you want to pick up?

1 hour ago, d4rkst4r said:

Ah I understand.  So the job is not assigned to you, it's up to you to decide which one you want to pick up?

What he meant by being on the board is that you’re going to be on standby until the crew office gives you a job (or something to do otherwise) or you make it to your clear time. 

Also, some jobs have a “Work As Assigned” portion at a location in between your trips.