ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Ariasm88 said:

Thanks! More specifically I meant to ask what XL B5 305 PM means? Is 305 the run number for the lines in District 5?

To put it simply, you would be the fifth person to be assigned an open job in Queens on the PM tour.

Edited by Jericho

6 minutes ago, Ariasm88 said:

Thanks! More specifically I meant to ask what XL B5 305 PM means? Is 305 the run number for the lines in District 5?

B5 305 is the job number itself. You’re basically the 5th person on the list for that specific district. 

5 minutes ago, Ariasm88 said:

Yes my first bid won lol.. conductor in the B division, finish probation in April also I saw it’s temporary vacancy.. just so I’m on the right page E/305, F/305, G/305, and R/305 Daily? 

XL is just like XX, except you're fifth in line in Queens to pick up open jobs that can be E, F, G, or R on the PM.

38 minutes ago, Ariasm88 said:

Yes my first bid won lol.. conductor in the B division, finish probation in April also I saw it’s temporary vacancy.. just so I’m on the right page E/305, F/305, G/305, and R/305 Daily? 

You’re fifth in line for that district. Your tour and RDO’s will not change like on XX. You’ll work a different job daily. If you’re on board you can be sent anywhere in the B 

Edited by Kabr79

45 minutes ago, Ariasm88 said:

out of curiosity, why did you bid on a job that you didn't know what it was ? Seems very risky.  Hopefully you live in Queens. 

Edited by TOSironi

1 hour ago, TOSironi said:

out of curiosity, why did you bid on a job that you didn't know what it was ? Seems very risky.  Hopefully you live in Queens. 

Luckily I do live in Queens Iol I would say the RDOs SM got me and I put in about 30 bids and I had my fingers crossed on weekend preference being that I’m TF now and before the pick ended on December 3, I was FS. Also someone mentioned to me I should have put in a preference sheet to try and have kept those same RDOs.

1 hour ago, Ariasm88 said:

Luckily I do live in Queens Iol I would say the RDOs SM got me and I put in about 30 bids and I had my fingers crossed on weekend preference being that I’m TF now and before the pick ended on December 3, I was FS. Also someone mentioned to me I should have put in a preference sheet to try and have kept those same RDOs.

tg

That's lucky that you live in Queens! I got XL B3 most of last pick too and the guy never came back.  I will have TF RDOs in XL this time and I have FS  now in xx lol so Im doing the opposite of what you did. Yes before every pick you have to put in a preference sheet. But they might still change your RDOs even if you do. In XL they can't. 

43 minutes ago, TOSironi said:

That's lucky that you live in Queens! I got XL B3 most of last pick too and the guy never came back.  I will have TF RDOs in XL this time and I have FS  now in xx lol so Im doing the opposite of what you did. Yes before every pick you have to put in a preference sheet. But they might still change your RDOs even if you do. In XL they can't. 

hey not bad....... FS.  i mean to me it doesn't matter but for some reason everyone loves weekends  *shrugs* lol
how often do they put you on Board during XL? would u say 20%? or 50%? 70? etc.  curious.  
will u try for VR next time?

1 hour ago, trackerjack said:

hey not bad....... FS.  i mean to me it doesn't matter but for some reason everyone loves weekends  *shrugs* lol
how often do they put you on Board during XL? would u say 20%? or 50%? 70? etc.  curious.  
will u try for VR next time?

I have never been put on board during XL. I fell to the board a few times but I always had a job by the time I went to sign in.  Mmh VR I dunno. You don't get fixed rdos and tour so I dunno. 

Edited by TOSironi

49 minutes ago, NewOP718 said:

How do bids work, can a few ppl elaborate on them. I figured coming in I’ll get killed… but what’s a good strategy after a year or 2

Bids come out during the beginning of each pick, they show a list of jobs that are either permanent jobs for the whole pick where that'll be your job for the whole pick or temporary jobs which means that the person can come back during the pick. When it comes to temp jobs if the person comes back you'll be back to extra extra again dealing with the crew office.

Edited by Schecter

On 12/15/2022 at 6:33 PM, Schecter said:

Don't listen to these negative ass people who have nothing nice to say. They complain but still are here, take it for your experience don't let these negative ass people tell you how to feel about a job.

Exactly and IF they could do better they wouldn't be here hence they CANT do better that's why they are here...

There's a switchman and 179 on the PMs miserable eff says how much he cant stand it here yet he can retire so that sums it up in a nutshell..

Im like leave so i can pick that job you vacate...

On 12/15/2022 at 6:37 AM, beanz said:

Bro listen I'm about to get a little deep for the people coming in.

I lost both of my grandfathers to COVID within 4 months of one another. It gave me such perspective. My OGs came to this country to give us better opportunities and a better life. One of them was a tobacco farmer in DR who worked sun up to sundown 6 days a week to provide for his 9 children in a small rural town, then he came to this country at retirement age to continue working so he can try n bring all of his kids here from over there. Worked in a supermarket kitchen for another 10 years past his retirement age. The other was in the military in DR and then came here to work in factories and grocery stores his whole life well beyond 65 years old because he never had such a thing as a pension. Neither one of them ever saw more than 10 bucks an hour and they busted their asses down to the bone to provide for their kids.

Here i am, making 40 an hour to move a train back n forth. Hardest I'll work is doing a put in. If they can both see me now making such a nice living for my daughters while barely exerting myself, and i have the nerve to complain about it, they would shake their heads in embarrassment. The only thing i hate about this job is right now i have to work PMs which sucks because i love to be at home at night with my family, but that's gonna change very shortly.

All about perspective like i said.

Exactly and about sacrifice some of  these folks these days have no idea what that word means..

Looking for easy outs or want someone to hold their hands and then whine when things don't go as planned..

All i gotta say is 3 years 11 months I'm gone retired at 56 so i can really enjoy my life with no concerns of waking up in the morning and moving the trains with some of these ungrateful "customers".

On 12/17/2022 at 6:40 AM, Schecter said:

Bids come out during the beginning of each pick, they show a list of jobs that are either permanent jobs for the whole pick where that'll be your job for the whole pick or temporary jobs which means that the person can come back during the pick. When it comes to temp jobs if the person comes back you'll be back to extra extra again dealing with the crew office.

Got you. So if I win a big, I just show up for that job pretty consistently until it changes? Same days off for however long the time is…

25 minutes ago, NewOP718 said:

Got you. So if I win a big, I just show up for that job pretty consistently until it changes? Same days off for however long the time is…

If you win, you wait until the bid goes in effect before you show up for that job. Then you work whatever the job you won is. So if the job is all in 1 location w/ Saturday Sunday off, that’s what you’ll work until the person returns to work or the pick ends. 

T/O exam 7604. Got called in for pre employment/drug test on 11/1/22. It’s almost Xmas. Is it supposed to take this long to get called back? I’m definitely patient seeing how I took this exam close to 6 years ago. Just curious. FYI I don’t take or do any drugs so my test is definitely good. 

27 minutes ago, Jayblilz said:

T/O exam 7604. Got called in for pre employment/drug test on 11/1/22. It’s almost Xmas. Is it supposed to take this long to get called back? I’m definitely patient seeing how I took this exam close to 6 years ago. Just curious. FYI I don’t take or do any drugs so my test is definitely good. 

Yes, it takes this long.

30 minutes ago, Jayblilz said:

What is your list number?