ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

42 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

lmaoo classic Transit
in fact.......we started monday dec 27 2021. funky huh???

So are we to report down to Brooklyn on Tuesday the 27th and the zoom would be the next day ? Or is Tuesday the zoom meeting and we’ll report P.S 248 on Wednesday ? Talk about inconvenience lol 

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Amonroe90 said:

So are we to report down to Brooklyn on Tuesday the 27th and the zoom would be the next day ? Or is Tuesday the zoom meeting and we’ll report P.S 248 on Wednesday ? Talk about inconvenience lol 

honestly i got no idea......
we had the ZOOM first then Ps248 on our 2nd day.
u have to double check cuz there was one induction that had ps248 THEN the zoom.  (i know right?)

12 hours ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

@RTOMan Have you tried avoiding carbs? Breads, pasta, rice, etc., all that is converted into sugar in the body and spikes insulin. Most medications cause nasty side effects and proper nutrition is the way to go, you'll feel better without all the extra unnecessary stuff. Best of luck to you man.

Oh im good my diabetes is under control...

Yet once on that program you STAY on it..

15 hours ago, goaldigga310 said:

The email says there's no orientation Monday its a holiday.

FWD: (This is what was in the email) Good afternoon...due to a typo the invitation may say that Orientation is Monday 12/26 or Monday 12/27. Orientation is Tuesday 12/27/22 at 8:00am. Sorry for the confusion. Monday 12/26 is a holiday for New York City Transit.

This feels like a classic case of someone over communicating and not doing it well enough. I was hired on 11/18/22 with a start date of 12/26. It was confusing one because it’s a reserved day. Two because when I attempted to register for orientation the necessary dates weren’t available lol. I emailed Hr asking how to proceed, no one responded. Then these emails came in. Worst case scenario I’m showing up anyway, should be a nice time and a half day on our first paycheck, OR an argument to be paid if in fact they messed up… cause some of you guys got hired a week ago and they’re pushing 12/26 for induction. Seems legit. I’m not too concerned about what session comes before the other because the blue sheet outlined everything. Imagine not showing up and they count that as a negative and it’s not even our fault. Pissed isn’t even the word🤦🏽‍♂️

Edited by NewOP718

8 minutes ago, NewOP718 said:

This feels like a classic case of someone over communicating and not doing it well enough. I was hired on 11/18/22 with a start date of 12/26. It was confusing one because it’s a reserved day. Two because when I attempted to register for orientation the necessary dates weren’t available lol. I emailed Hr asking how to proceed, no one responded. Then these emails came in. Worst case scenario I’m showing up anyway, should be a nice time and a half day on our first paycheck, OR an argument to be paid if in fact they messed up… cause some of you guys got hired a week ago and they’re pushing 12/26 for induction. Seems legit.

I'll be there Monday!

2 hours ago, Albertbklyn said:

I'll be there Monday!

Part of me wants to just show up and if nobody there I have peace knowing that they reserved Monday as a holiday. But I live all the way up in westchester. So to commute all the way down to Brooklyn is going to be rough, especially if nobody is going to be there on Monday. 

14 minutes ago, Amonroe90 said:

Part of me wants to just show up and if nobody there I have peace knowing that they reserved Monday as a holiday. But I live all the way up in westchester. So to commute all the way down to Brooklyn is going to be rough, especially if nobody is going to be there on Monday. 

see to us of the 12/26/2021 induction, the blue paper said the virtual orientation was the 27th and in person at the school was the 28th. But when we went there they told us our induction date was actually Sunday the 26, and that was our RDO. So basically our induction started with an RDO. Very confusing...

32 minutes ago, TOSironi said:

see to us of the 12/26/2021 induction, the blue paper said the virtual orientation was the 27th and in person at the school was the 28th. But when we went there they told us our induction date was actually Sunday the 26, and that was our RDO. So basically our induction started with an RDO. Very confusing...

I’m pretty much doing down Monday. If nobody is there on Monday it will rest with peace that Monday was a holiday for transit and I’m haven’t went awol. The communication MTA gave us was very short noticed and not very informative regarding the T.O induction. 

1 hour ago, Amonroe90 said:

I'm on the jersey shore, I hear ya

3 hours ago, TOSironi said:

Yes, your induction is actually the Sunday, but in the end they don't care if you put the date for Sunday or Monday on future paperwork.

Show up on Monday to PS 248. Monday is the recognized day for Christmas since it falls on a Sunday. The works schedule is even a Sunday schedule. For that reason most employees at 130 Livingston won’t be in the office. That’s where orientation was held before COVID. Now it’s remote. 

8 hours ago, Amonroe90 said:

I’m pretty much doing down Monday. If nobody is there on Monday it will rest with peace that Monday was a holiday for transit and I’m haven’t went awol. The communication MTA gave us was very short noticed and not very informative regarding the T.O induction. 

Just now, Kabr79 said:

The initial email for orientation had the wrong date. That’s it. The paperwork with our schedule is correct. Show up 7am sharp to PS 248 on Monday. I’ll see you folks there and looking forward to putting some faces to these names lol

We need to set up a group chat, groupme is a good app

9 hours ago, TOSironi said:

12/25 is technically our first day. So we’re not starting on a RDO because we go in on the 26th.  The work week in transit starts on Sunday. For now we have Sunday/Saturday as RDO’s. It may seem confusing at first, but  the new pick always start on a Sunday and many of us don’t have it as an RDO. My initial induction was June 3rd 2018 for conductor but we actually started in class June 4th. 
Be prepared because learning Transit is like a new language and it’s nothing like a regular job. 

1 hour ago, Kabr79 said:

Show up on Monday to PS 248. Monday is the recognized day for Christmas since it falls on a Sunday. The works schedule is even a Sunday schedule. For that reason most employees at 130 Livingston won’t be in the office. That’s where orientation was held before COVID. Now it’s remote. 

At this point, I’m going down to PS 248 on Monday. And if nobody is there then it is what it is. I rather show up and nobody is there, rather than to not go and there are people there but I’m awol or a no show. 

1 hour ago, Kabr79 said:

12/25 is technically our first day. So we’re not starting on a RDO because we go in on the 26th.  The work week in transit starts on Sunday. For now we have Sunday/Saturday as RDO’s. It may seem confusing at first, but  the new pick always start on a Sunday and many of us don’t have it as an RDO. My initial induction was June 3rd 2018 for conductor but we actually started in class June 4th. 
Be prepared because learning Transit is like a new language and it’s nothing like a regular job. 

I'm already in transit. 

9 hours ago, Amonroe90 said:

You're invited to my new group 'Train Operator, Exam No. 7604' on...

As per the guidelines, this falls under the heading of "Spamming/Advertising." Now, if you want to share the link with others via Private Messaging (PM), feel free to do so. However, please do not do this in this Public Forum.

Next time this happens, further disciplinary action will be taken, which includes, but not limited to, warnings, suspensions, termination of your account, etc. And yes, we do have access to your IP addresses, in the event you try to create a duplicate account.

Thank you.