ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

Just now, J Cooper said:

List number 62XX. I just received an email stating

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

MTA New York City Transit canvass you for Train Operator- Exam 7604, List # 62XX and there was a computer glitch and you were canvass by mistake.  Unfortunately, your list number will not be reached for the upcoming class.  Please do not report to the Employment Center because your name will not be on the list of candidates being considered for Train Operator.  Please excuse this error and we do look forward to your employment opportunities with MTA New York City Transit.

It's weird because I didn't receive any canvas email but opened up my inbox and got this today. The last time I spoke to someone from the employment center, I was told the last person appointed was in the 5500 range. Not sure if they'll be reaching us if they plan on having 1 class in April and 1 class In August (The list is supposed to expire in September) but I'll still keep a positive attitude.  

My last drug test was back in November as well. 

List #59 got the glitch error email. They just sending it random now because they not sure how many people received the initial email with no date and time

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Godsfavorite said:

List #59 got the glitch error email. They just sending it random now because they not sure how many people received the initial email with no date and time

Yea they must of had a major system glitch it seems. Imagine if we all showed up lol.

52 minutes ago, J Cooper said:

List number 62XX. I just received an email stating

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

MTA New York City Transit canvass you for Train Operator- Exam 7604, List # 62XX and there was a computer glitch and you were canvass by mistake.  Unfortunately, your list number will not be reached for the upcoming class.  Please do not report to the Employment Center because your name will not be on the list of candidates being considered for Train Operator.  Please excuse this error and we do look forward to your employment opportunities with MTA New York City Transit.

It's weird because I didn't receive any canvas email but opened up my inbox and got this today. The last time I spoke to someone from the employment center, I was told the last person appointed was in the 5500 range. Not sure if they'll be reaching us if they plan on having 1 class in April and 1 class In August (The list is supposed to expire in September) but I'll still keep a positive attitude.  

My last drug test was back in November as well. 

This information is very helpful I went for my 3rd pre employment last week snd my list number is 55xx. I really hope I make the April class. Thank you all for any and all updated information. 

1 minute ago, jbolanos said:

This information is very helpful I went for my 3rd pre employment last week snd my list number is 55xx. I really hope I make the April class. Thank you all for any and all updated information. 

same here, i’m hoping the same. the email they received gave me some hope to be in the next class, since we got called in before the 90 days were up to come in for another drug test.

2 hours ago, Dblock148 said:

Yea they must of had a major system glitch it seems. Imagine if we all showed up lol.

i LOL'd at the imagery of 50-100 Canvased candidates showing up.....in the rain......drenched......mad......agitated. lolzzz
but seriously this glitch is just straight up classic Transit.  it's pretty much Treason.........

9 minutes ago, Youngking said:

I just wanna get in before this list expires. I did that test a couple years outta highschool when my brain was still fresh. Praying I don’t have to take it over cause I don’t think I’ll score as good lol

literally same here lol

13 minutes ago, Youngking said:

I just wanna get in before this list expires. I did that test a couple years outta highschool when my brain was still fresh. Praying I don’t have to take it over cause I don’t think I’ll score as good lol

ur young.  like how Justin Bieber was when he first debut.  he was sane.  happy.  naïve but full of joy.   
look at the BEIBZ now......this is how us TOs evolved and look like after 1-2 years of Extra Extra.

WOW that comment didnt get censored! holy smokes.

anyways.  listen......
ur time is coming.  ur young too!  u would be PERFECT For RTO.  no seriously.....u're like Wolverine who recovers quickly....something u need as a TO.
they have been extending this List longer than most of my CR partner's hair extensions.

so who knows......they might even extend it more.  folks are still retiring literally on a monthly basis......folks are still being fired.....(another can of worms)
your number will come up.  i mean.....we're not talking about list # 10001 are we??  keep in mind a lot of folks forgot about this test......moved to other states/countries.....so there are a lot of Gaps btwn the list #s.
in the mean time while u wait for that Call......keep hunting for other jobs....get a college degree or masters...... etc.  so much other there.  this isn't the end-all-be-all.  

3 hours ago, trackerjack said:

i LOL'd at the imagery of 50-100 Canvased candidates showing up.....in the rain......drenched......mad......agitated. lolzzz
but seriously this glitch is just straight up classic Transit.  it's pretty much Treason.........

Yikes! Maybe they got hacked 🤔🤔

On 3/24/2023 at 9:31 PM, Schecter said:

Quick heads up guys and girls this was posted by the union VP

"Quick Information 

#1. Current staffing numbers for all 3 titles

We currently have deficits in all 3 titles:

-180+ Train Operators and Conductors      

-40 Tower Operators.

These numbers are subject to change due to attrition and promotion. 

#2. Projected promotion classes/new hire classes

-April, May and July Conductor Classes 50-60 per class

-April-August Train Operator Classes 50 per class"

How are they in need of anymore train operators it’s become hard to get any overtime rdo’s late clears etc. the sheets are full hardly any open job except maybe a few yard jobs that’s it. People are clearing board or coming damn close to it 

1 minute ago, Djf22 said:

How are they in need of anymore train operators it’s become hard to get any overtime rdo’s late clears etc. the sheets are full hardly any open job except maybe a few yard jobs that’s it. People are clearing board or coming damn close to it 

A question only the people at 2 Broadway can answer 🤷🏻‍♂️

8 hours ago, Djf22 said:

TA as in any business with a high turnover job over hires AND they see a lot of folks are close to retirement who have less than four years to go..

They aren't counting on most of those tier four folks (like me) staying either...

So they don't want to be caught shorthanded again..

Rather pay someone 8 hrs str to sit than pay for RDOs, Extra Trips, Late clears which costs more..

1 hour ago, RTOMan said:

TA as in any business with a high turnover job over hires AND they see a lot of folks are close to retirement who have less than four years to go..

They aren't counting on most of those tier four folks (like me) staying either...

Rather pay someone 8 hrs str to sit than pay for RDOs, Extra Trips, Late clears which costs more..

It’s basically like  any big business. Stay ready so you won’t have to get ready. The process is long so you have to be prepared.

I took my physical back in October was put on medical hold. I took some time due to my health insurance to get the tests done, finally got everything together and emailed MTA I was ready to come in. I received an email back saying I need to contact DCAS to be put back on the list. Did that, was put back. Does anyone know if they put me to the back of the list in front cause my number is higher than last called, because email stated restored to original standing on the list.

On 3/26/2023 at 9:45 AM, jbolanos said:

Can anyone share the phone number and email address you guys have to using to speak to someone. I would like to ask what was the last hire number. I know that information is here somewhere I just don't want to go searching for it. Thanks in advance....

Last hires were in the #54XX

there’s a class starting next week so you’re prob on the next class if you’re on the 3rd drug test 

47 minutes ago, RedoverRed said:

Last hires were in the #54XX

there’s a class starting next week so you’re prob on the next class if you’re on the 3rd drug test 

How do you know there’s a class next week? I don’t think they called people for Medicals yet

15 minutes ago, Urmom said:

How do you know there’s a class next week? I don’t think they called people for Medicals yet

A few friends are in schoolcar. Ppl are dropping out because it’s a tough and fast paced course. Signal exams are 100% or termination. As ppl get terminated or resign, it opens up more spots for others. 

11 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Coincidentally, this is why I tell my new partners and schoolcar train operators that I meet to budget based on *base* pay, and not rosy expectations of perpetual overtime.

Edited by Keikyu Motorman