ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

Operational infractions during probation  (Hit too many signals) 

that sux.  i'm sorry.  for what its worth.  the PTSD is real from hitting those.  and a lot of us suffers from it.  it changes a man
also not many men and women can say they have operated tons of steel and metal blasting into stations and stopping on a dime?  you have war stories to tell now

Edited by trackerjack

14 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

that sux.  i'm sorry.  for what its worth.  the PTSD is real from hitting those.  and a lot of us suffers from it.  it changes a man
also not many men and women can say they have operated tons of steel and metal blasting into stations and stopping on a dime?  you have war stories to tell now

Truth…I’m studying for the LIRR now

On 3/27/2023 at 7:04 PM, RedoverRed said:

A few friends are in schoolcar. Ppl are dropping out because it’s a tough and fast paced course. Signal exams are 100% or termination. As ppl get terminated or resign, it opens up more spots for others. 

Well school car gets harder the further down the list they get.

23 hours ago, Maschine Bob said:

Well said, any financial decisions or planning should always be done based on base pay. But that said the notion that overtime is dried up is false. I get offered overtime 3 or 4 times a week. 

Where what tour? Lol I used to get offered the ot every single day. Also what kind of ot extra trips yard etc.

29 minutes ago, Maschine Bob said:

It seems like pm on the weekends needs coverage. Parson E always asks as well as canarsie. Far Rock during the week. 

PMs on the weekends oh what a surprise..Gotta be CBTC qualified to work in Queens or Canarsie they prob haven’t qualified enough folks… Never heard them mention Far Rock so that’s a word of mouth thing maybe…

Edited by RTOMan

On 3/28/2023 at 9:27 AM, kev2112 said:

Fired on Feb 3. Told I would be rehired. Put my paperwork in to be restored to the list on Feb. 5. Still not back on the list. DCAS keeps telling me 2 weeks whenever I call them. Ridiculous 

At least you got through.  I've been calling and emailing since Jan. No one answers phone.  No one replies to email.  Its a joke.

1 hour ago, RTOMan said:

PMs on the weekends oh what a surprise..Gotta be CBTC qualified to work in Queens or Canarsie they prob haven’t qualified enough folks… Never heard them mention Far Rock so that’s a word of mouth thing maybe…

Gonna go to the b next pick can’t wait 

4 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Good luck man because that is a tough gig to get into yet them dinosaurs there are getting outta dodge so you young got  a shot take it!

The hardest part is the pay cut for 2 years I got in and left couldn’t afford the pay cut. They do have a good gig there but it really is not much better than what we have A LOT more responsibility for not that much more in pay. Their version of school car is 14 months long. Our health insurance is better they pay more in union dues and pension contributions than we do. So while the grass may look greener on the other side I didn’t think it was that much greener 

1 hour ago, RTOMan said:

You know how it is when you a regular someplace and someone calls out or is late, before crew office fills the job the dispatcher is looking out the door to see who wants the work. Surprisingly most people say no. 

Edited by Maschine Bob

43 minutes ago, Djf22 said:

The hardest part is the pay cut for 2 years I got in and left couldn’t afford the pay cut. They do have a good gig there but it really is not much better than what we have A LOT more responsibility for not that much more in pay. Their version of school car is 14 months long. Our health insurance is better they pay more in union dues and pension contributions than we do. So while the grass may look greener on the other side I didn’t think it was that much greener 

Agreed. I actually received a letter to go down there for orientation a few months ago. Looked at the benefits sheet in the email and pay scale and realized it wasn't worth it.

That, and you go unpaid for 6 weeks.

School car 14 months ? Where did you get that information from ? That’s wrong whoever said that @Djf22 and unpaid 6 weeks ? Who told you that ? Lol I wouldn’t have took this job if I was unpaid for 6 weeks. You guys need to get some accurate information cause the info yall are receiving is wrong. @MarkGuy

12 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Agreed. I actually received a letter to go down there for orientation a few months ago. Looked at the benefits sheet in the email and pay scale and realized it wasn't worth it.

Yup the amount they ask you to study during those 6 weeks makes our schoolcar look like a joke it 6 weeks of nothing but operating rules then a 3 hour long test to possibly get to move onto the paid portion which they call phase 2 and it lasts 14 months. The starting pay is around 27. If I wasn’t already here then yes I would have stayed but for me it just didn’t seem worth it. People complain about the subway being so bad and I honestly don’t get it I’m curious to know what those people did before this and what they honestly expect from this place. 

3 minutes ago, TCart said:

School car 14 months ? Where did you get that information from ? That’s wrong whoever said that @Djf22 and unpaid 6 weeks ? Who told you that ? Lol I wouldn’t have took this job if I was unpaid for 6 weeks. You guys need to get some accurate information cause the info yall are receiving is wrong. @MarkGuy

We’re talking about locomotive engineer trainee for the lirr 

1 hour ago, MarkGuy said:

I mean you only go in twice a week for the 6 weeks.

5 minutes ago, Godsfavorite said:

Which doesn't matter in my case, because I'm already down here. And I can't tell Transit that I need them to not give me jobs and report times that don't correspond with those two days. On top of all the studying.

8 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Which doesn't matter in my case, because I'm already down here. And I can't tell Transit that I need them to not give me jobs and report times that don't correspond with those two days. On top of all the studying.

Which in retrospect is another moot point, since I, in all likelihood, would have to resign from NYCT to go to LIRR. 

Edited by MarkGuy

39 minutes ago, Godsfavorite said:

True yes twice a week Saturday is 6am-2 pm and Wednesday is 5:30-9:30pm. It’s not about the days you go it’s about the amount of studying required to pass the phase 1 test which I passed and I can tell you I never studied that hard for school car it’s a lot of time and with our schedule it was incredibly challenging. Was lucky enough to have t/w rdo’s and a later start on Saturday so it worked out for me. All I’m saying is the subway train operator really isn’t that bad. My only complaint about this job really is. Tier 6 and that all city jobs including lirr