ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

On 6/20/2023 at 10:27 PM, Schecter said:

From Canella Gomez, RTO VP
Quick RTO personnel update 

▪ Current number of people out for all 3 titles comp and sick (as of Monday 6/20/23)

Comp                 Sick
T/O 266             255
C/R 343             300
TW/O 8              18

i'm a statistic??  heeehheheheheheheehee

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Alucard said:

What exactly is "sick consoliing & control" what triggers them to occur at transit? 

You will be counseled to improve your sick leave record after your fifth unsubstantiated absence (no doctor's lines) for the year. On the 6th unsubstantiated absence, you will be placed on sick control and you will be required to provide doctor's line for every instance you book sick.

8 minutes ago, CA119 said:

Can any veterans in here say which Dental insurance is better? The one given out by the Union or the other that comes with the Aetna high option?  

I somehow managed to find a decent dentist with Healthplex and didn't have issues when I had to get a crown, but your mileage will vary. Not many dentists take Healthplex and their directory is not updated very well so you definitely have to call and ask the dentists themselves if they still take it. If you and your family really need dental work, I'd probably go with the high option.

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

You will be counseled to improve your sick leave record after your fifth unsubstantiated absence (no doctor's lines) for the year. On the 6th unsubstantiated absence, you will be placed on sick control and you will be required to provide doctor's line for every instance you book sick.

I somehow managed to find a decent dentist with Healthplex and didn't have issues when I had to get a crown, but your mileage will vary. Not many dentists take Healthplex and their directory is not updated very well so you definitely have to call and ask the dentists themselves if they still take it. If you and your family really need dental work, I'd probably go with the high option.

Okay great, thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, Jericho said:

BTW you wont get paid for the first day as well.. While On sick Control.. Even with Doctors Lines...

On 6/22/2023 at 9:02 PM, Jericho said:
On 6/22/2023 at 8:41 PM, Alucard said:

What exactly is "sick consoliing & control" what triggers them to occur at transit? 

You will be counseled to improve your sick leave record after your fifth unsubstantiated absence (no doctor's lines) for the year. On the 6th unsubstantiated absence, you will be placed on sick control and you will be required to provide doctor's line for every instance you book sick

Thanks Jericho. 

When you mention "for the year" are you speaking for a calendar year Jan-Dec or for an MTA annual Year of May-May? 

So key is to keep it under 5 sick/callouts per year. Good info. 

Do you know of a 70/30 rule as well, something to the effect of maintaining 70% of your accrued sick, or be placed into console/control? Thanks again! 

14 hours ago, Alucard said:

Thanks Jericho. 

When you mention "for the year" are you speaking for a calendar year Jan-Dec or for an MTA annual Year of May-May? 

So key is to keep it under 5 sick/callouts per year. Good info. 

Do you know of a 70/30 rule as well, something to the effect of maintaining 70% of your accrued sick, or be placed into console/control? Thanks again! 

IIRC, it's essentially on a rolling basis. FWIW, you can count back one year from today the number of absences to determine if you're at risk of hitting sick control. There are other ways of falling into the sick control regime, so as always, run down to Urgent Care with the forms to minimize the number of unexcused absences.

70/30 more so divides the employee population into two camps. Employees are eligible for placement in the 70% category, IIRC, from their third year onwards with essentially minimal use of sick time. If you use up significant amounts of your sick time with doctor's lines, you may avoid sick control, but you can fall into the 30% category. It's not a hard 70% of your sick time, but if there's significant usage of sick time, you can fall into the 30% that Transit views as more likely to use sick time which comes with more restrictive rules for calling out sick such as being subject to home visits.

Edited by Keikyu Motorman

Quite Interesting, thanks all for the info. Guess there is a cost savings for them as well. Limit sick pay (which pays at 100%) while you're working but only pay it out at 50% at terminal point. 

Edited by Alucard

2 hours ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

so as always, run down to Urgent Care with the forms to minimize the number of unexcused absences.

Yall better be careful with Urgent Care...

They playing games not filling out sick forms and the like because sooo many RTO Rookies (yes rookies) are booking sick for all kinds of chit and running to them thinking they will just fill out that form.

I tell anyone  starting down here to get their own doctor and stop dealing with these quacks at Urgent Care...

6 hours ago, Alucard said:

Quite Interesting, thanks all for the info. Guess there is a cost savings for them as well. Limit sick pay (which pays at 100%) while you're working but only pay it out at 50% at terminal point. 

At Metro North they don't pay us 100% while we are out sick.  But they are more lenient when we do book off sick; so it's balances out.  A lot of aspects you see are interesting going from Subways to MNR.  Certain things are humorous too.

1 hour ago, PrometheusEngineer said:

At Metro North they don't pay us 100% while we are out sick.  But they are more lenient when we do book off sick; so it's balances out.  A lot of aspects you see are interesting going from Subways to MNR.  Certain things are humorous too.

Just curious, Are you a LE for MNR?

if yes, do you mind telling me a bit about the hiring process?

15 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Yall better be careful with Urgent Care...

They playing games not filling out sick forms and the like because sooo many RTO Rookies (yes rookies) are booking sick for all kinds of chit and running to them thinking they will just fill out that form.

I tell anyone  starting down here to get their own doctor and stop dealing with these quacks at Urgent Care...

I've been burnt by CityMD not filling the form correctly, and their staff being nearly useless in terms of submitting an updated document so I understand your point.

Admittedly, most of us go to CityMD and other clinics because it's convenient, open with a wide span of hours, and I'm in and out relatively quickly. As a late PM person, the only place that's open by the time I call out is basically urgent care or the ER. And my PCP is basically at minimum a three hour wait, nor am I going to burn multiple days to go to the clinic the next day to wait three hours to see the PCP to sign off on a form for the same price as my local urgent care.

6 hours ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

I've been burnt by CityMD not filling the form correctly, and their staff being nearly useless in terms of submitting an updated document so I understand your point.

Admittedly, most of us go to CityMD and other clinics because it's convenient, open with a wide span of hours, and I'm in and out relatively quickly. As a late PM person, the only place that's open by the time I call out is basically urgent care or the ER. And my PCP is basically at minimum a three hour wait, nor am I going to burn multiple days to go to the clinic the next day to wait three hours to see the PCP to sign off on a form for the same price as my local urgent care.

I can understand but the game they playing is starting to spread to all of them even my own doctor is telling me this..

Also Depends on the doctor you get the right one(like mine who hates everything about TA and their BS) you can get in that day..

Then again i don't live in that city anymore so maybe that's another reason...

They aren't playing with the sick time they are just firing people..

Edited by RTOMan

I'm curious how this all ties into the State Sick Leave Law

https://www.ny.gov/new-york-paid-sick-leave/new-york-paid-sick-leave#permitted_uses

There's a whole section on it about retaliation if sick time is used. But  it would seem TA limits the use on alloted sick time people accrue. They give you say 1 sick per month in accrued sick, but will penalize folks who utilize over a certain amount on an annual basic. Then at a terminal point pay sick out at 50%. I suppose once you have sick notes from docs the amount you can use is the amount you have in accrual.

13 hours ago, TunnelVision22 said:

Thanks. Do you know of any flash cards or study info I could use to prepare for conductor school beforehand?. I’m on a laser focused mission to get that job and I want to do anything I possibly can to succeed 

Make sure you are on the proper CR indication Board for the right equipment and you'll be fine...

Not sure if they have flash cars out here for that.

Edited by RTOMan

22 hours ago, TunnelVision22 said:

Thanks. Do you know of any flash cards or study info I could use to prepare for conductor school beforehand?. I’m on a laser focused mission to get that job and I want to do anything I possibly can to succeed 

Only flash card you need is open and close those doors as fast as humanly possible. 

On 6/5/2023 at 11:07 AM, Robert T said:

No it doesn't mean that, its just certification sequence numbers for the group they certified 5/17/23 and its ends 6/23/23 the day before the new class starts, If you didn't get called yet they didn't get to you yet

Thank you for the clarification.