ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/10/2023 at 10:11 AM, Godsfavorite said:

Yeah, I am yx now and the senior people I talk to are considering it. 

FWIW, just to give you an idea, some of those people talking about retiring "soon" end up leaving years later. Some don't reach their savings or pension income goals, others realize that they need to make up for "bad time" with NYCERS, and sadly in some cases, things come up last minute...

4 hours ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

FWIW, just to give you an idea, some of those people talking about retiring "soon" end up leaving years later. Some don't reach their savings or pension income goals, others realize that they need to make up for "bad time" with NYCERS, and sadly in some cases, things come up last minute...

Understand that this job with all its stresses obstacles etc, can't be beat. Pension is UNHEARD of in the private sector and unless your some day trader with a solid understanding and TIME your 401k isn't gonna cut it. Think like this, senior men will go as long as they can because TO THEM the MTA=PIMP.... Paper In My Pocket...and it don't stop, you got a scheduled job? as a Senior man it's probably your favored schedule cause you "got time" WHY would you leave?? BILLS MORTGAGE HARLEY PAYMENTS don't stop

5 hours ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

Oh yes i have seen it myself.. 

That's why the Union has retirement Seminars and some folks don't take advantage of it...

My best friend down here did and HE found out his chit wasn't in order...

On 8/12/2023 at 8:25 AM, ealfinez said:

Understand that this job with all its stresses obstacles etc, can't be beat. Pension is UNHEARD of in the private sector and unless your some day trader with a solid understanding and TIME your 401k isn't gonna cut it. Think like this, senior men will go as long as they can because TO THEM the MTA=PIMP.... Paper In My Pocket...and it don't stop, you got a scheduled job? as a Senior man it's probably your favored schedule cause you "got time" WHY would you leave?? BILLS MORTGAGE HARLEY PAYMENTS don't stop

Bro there's switching jobs at Utica that pay 11 hours and u do maybe 10 relays all day and a layup to the back and then sit around and not do shit. Not to mention relays at Utica are double ended by a switchman on each side not road TO on one end and switchman on the other like in the B division terminals. When I was YX in the A I didn't mind travelling all the way to Brooklyn from the Bronx when I got one of those jobs cause that was a guaranteed easy ass day.

If I'm 70 and can still walk and not have to use a diaper why the hell would I leave something so cushy 😂

Edited by beanz

2 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

Im 16xx. Somehow I was missed on the last certification when I had a number in the low 20’s. I’m now worried the test will expire before I get the call 

I would contact 18p Livingston street to see what's up. I'm a few number below you and been out on the road for 2 years going on 3 years.

2 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

Thanks. Anyone in particular I should ask for?

I would say most likely Olha or try emailing the exams people and seeing also. Call tomorrow and email tomorrow early in the morning. The longer you wait the more you'll miss out. I'm hoping not I wish you the best of luck 🤞🤞

19 hours ago, In4DaWin said:

When this list expires on the 9/19/23. Will they continue to canvas those who have been to pre-employment until the new list is created, or will everyone get dropped?

The list isn’t going to expire in September because they don’t have another to replace it yet. The promotional TO exam isn’t until December & won’t be ready for atleast 6-9 months so this list will be extended for another year most likely.