ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Amir said:

I literally agree with you, just because a neck size is bigger than 16-17 that can hold you up!? No lie when I went two weeks ago to downtown not everyone look like they were in shape. 

Neck size is just 1 factor. If u have a big neck and are also obviously overweight then it will hold u up but if u have a thick neck and are in decent shape then it's not gonna be an issue depending on what u put on the questionnaire. I have a neck over 18 inches thick but I'm 6'3 and been losing weight so my BMI actually went down from my first physical and the neck size didn't get me restricted.

1 hour ago, beanz said:

Neck size is just 1 factor. If u have a big neck and are also obviously overweight then it will hold u up but if u have a thick neck and are in decent shape then it's not gonna be an issue depending on what u put on the questionnaire. I have a neck over 18 inches thick but I'm 6'3 and been losing weight so my BMI actually went down from my first physical and the neck size didn't get me restricted.

They have let up because in the beginning when they was playing this game they put a lot of us 17 inch neck size folks through BS..

Weight didn't matter..

I had to take a Sleep study for that nonsense..

Which showed i didn't have sleep apnea.

My doctor called them Quack Students...

Edited by RTOMan

32 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

They have let up because in the beginning when they was playing this game they put a lot of us 17 inch neck size folks through BS..

Weight didn't matter..

I had to take a Sleep study for that nonsense..

Which showed i didn't have sleep apnea.

My doctor called them Quack Students...

I totally agree they need to understand not everyone has sleep apnea where they list randomly fall asleep! Thank god I’ve never been like that. I am a tad overweight, but I never been the type to sit down & must randomly fall asleep. Which I have seen ppl at my current job do. I work with ppl and working 5 min they are knocked out snoring. 

1 hour ago, train1290 said:

easy for you to say...just you wait until you go through the wringer with MTA and you'll see what we have been telling you!

22 years of it from the first Open Competitive test..

I'm still here yall have NO idea what Bad is unless you started when me and my classmates came down here..

As many times i wanted to "deal" with some of our Coworkers yes coworkers(mostly bitter effing dinosaurs who should have been put in their papers and retired) who showed no respect to us but in the same breath Complained about the Job..

We used to talk about that nonsense all the time but we dealt saw the bigger picture oh we handled some things face to face with some though  we had to check them..

This place can be a eff but it was worse much worse lots of G2s was written people bumped out of the Crew Office(some of those attitudes had folks wanting to wait for some of  of em, changing tours whenever it seemed they felt like it days off sitting on board for nearly 8 hours and they throwing whole jobs at us) Supts sent to places where they aren't in RTO or some str resigning due to their power tripping crap to get things somewhat better...

That's why I'm always willing to help anyone new because when i started i wasn't so lucky after Schoolcar we had to learn a lot on our own ,yet we had each other that helped in so many ways.

Edited by RTOMan

4 hours ago, train1290 said:

easy for you to say...just you wait until you go through the wringer with MTA and you'll see what we have been telling you!

I already know what the deal is. extra list for 3-5 years, no sleep between shifts, never get called into the office for any reason at all whatsoever or you’re terminated. Easy as that 

on the real though...... i'm just joking all this time. 

it's a really good job.  best i've had TBH

it's really easy too.  dont' let anyone tell you schoolcar is hard or the road is hard.  XX life isn't as hard as it seems.... 
Schoolcar is a joke.......signals is easy.  if you fail.......well........LOL!  no really, it's a joke.  no one fails

if you request which days you want off (RDOs) or what tour you want (AM / PM / MID) you will get it.  crew office is one of the nicest departments ever.
you will get what you want.

Job is a breeze.  i'm not going to quit. 
Those who really want this job, i wish you luck. it's really hard to get in, it's like hitting the Lotto really
Don't let the old geezers scare you saying bla bla bla they had it rough when they came here 20 years ago, coming in here after the 1st open competitive in the history of humanity.
yes they think they are manly and this is a manly job.  but don't pay attention to that.
this is the NEW RTO and WE OWN it now!  

if i can......i'll work this job as T/O for the next 40+ years. I love it so much.  as well as my fellow brethren

Edited by trackerjack

1 minute ago, trackerjack said:

it's really easy too.  dont' let anyone tell you schoolcar is hard or the road is hard.  XX life isn't as hard as it seems.... 
Schoolcar is a joke.......signals is easy.  if you fail.......well........LOL!  no really, it's a joke.  no one fails

if you request which days you want off (RDOs) or what tour you want (AM / PM / MID) you will get it.  crew office is one of the nicest departments ever.

Those who really want this job, i wish you luck. it's really hard to get in, it's like hitting the Lotto really
Don't let the old geezers scare you saying bla bla bla they had it rough when they came her 20 years ago, coming in here after the 1st open competitive in the history of humanity.
yes they think they are manly and this is a manly job.  but don't pay attention to that.

if i can......i'll work this job as T/O for the next 40+ years. I love it so much.  as well as my fellow brethren

"In my day we had to wipe the windshield with our hands when it rained and u had to learn how to pull the break handle with your ass cheeks...don't tell me u have it rough whippersnapper"

1 minute ago, beanz said:

"In my day we had to wipe the windshield with our hands when it rained and u had to learn how to pull the break handle with your ass cheeks...don't tell me u have it rough whippersnapper"

"listen you little spoiled shrimp new-tech Throttle-JOCKEY.....back in MY day......we had to light a barrel full of garbage on fire just to keep the cab warm enough for us to commandeer the train.  look at what happened to my man 'Stubs'......yea he lost his hands from the cold!!!"

2 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

"listen you little spoiled shrimp new-tech Throttle-JOCKEY.....back in MY day......we had to light a barrel full of garbage on fire just to keep the cab warm enough for us to commandeer the train.  look at what happened to my man 'Stubs'......yea he lost his hands from the cold!!!"

"The old timers were mean they didn't let us watch TV unless we had a picked job and we had to pee sitting down" 

2 hours ago, trackerjack said:

Don't let the old geezers scare you saying bla bla bla they had it rough when they came here 20 years ago, coming in here after the 1st open competitive in the history of humanity.

Yeah I don’t understand what the drama is about. All you need is a GED, for a job that gives you full benefits and 120k a year, and literally all MTA asks of you is to not call out sick and not make any mistakes just like any job. Idk what these guys expect from the agency. It’s like this in almost all government agencies where people with seniority can legally screw you. 

1 hour ago, DEE123 said:

Yeah I don’t understand what the drama is about. All you need is a GED, for a job that gives you full benefits and 120k a year, and literally all MTA asks of you is to not call out sick and not make any mistakes just like any job. Idk what these guys expect from the agency. It’s like this in almost all government agencies where people with seniority can legally screw you. 

Dee. Respectfully. This job is not as simple as you’re imagining. In school car today we learned that we won’t be doing AM’s. Now our classes will be PM’s. So one has to study. Balance time with family. Worry about mastering a new skill and commute for an extra half hour each way because trains don’t run regularly at night. If the job was as easy as you imagine they wouldn’t be hiring so many people. Respectfully.

17 minutes ago, Harlem said:

Dee. Respectfully. This job is not as simple as you’re imagining. In school car today we learned that we won’t be doing AM’s. Now our classes will be PM’s. So one has to study. Balance time with family. Worry about mastering a new skill and commute for an extra half hour each way because trains don’t run regularly at night. If the job was as easy as you imagine they wouldn’t be hiring so many people. Respectfully.

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll get much sympathy from those of us who's been there especially when conductor classes are generally held on the PM to begin with. Sorry your class got stuck with the short straw. There will also come to a point where you will be working all three tours during your training if they haven't told you already.

8 hours ago, DEE123 said:

where are you acquiring these fake info such as 120k a year?
if it's 120K a year.......then I think i got bamboozled by A LOOOT of $$$$ 

12 hours ago, trackerjack said:

Aww you sound triggered im only 53 years old (if you think that's old then you must be in yer teenage years)and il be gone in 2 years 11 months at 56 while you are still here whining on a buff message board...

Like you "tell it like it is" i have and always will but your comprehension issue is lacking since you glossed over what i said that I'm always willing to help..

Well except those who think they have all the answers..

I watch them sink....

Oh and that NEW RTO yeah let me tell ya this vote wisely and stop voting for the most popular person or the loudest person on the ballot..

How's that working out for ya?

Voting a whole slate in did wonders for RTO  huh?

Edited by RTOMan

9 hours ago, DEE123 said:

You can make that amount(120K) if you are working..

A lot....

Some folks are about that paper down here yes god bless em, I'm not one of them.