Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/21/2021 at 7:32 PM, dman1455 said:

Just wear regular clothes, just don't come in looking dirty. Documents wise, Original Social Security Card, Original Birth Certificate, Drivers License (if you have one).

Just wondering, what's your list number range if you don't mind sharing.

I still haven't gotten that email, I'll be following along with this

20 hours ago, QueensJT said:

...was instructed to check my email for further instructions but the email never came...

6 hours ago, JoeDJr said:

I still haven't gotten that email, I'll be following along with this

Have you folks considered reaching out to the "higher ups," whose contact information can be found here, to make sure you get the e-mail message before reporting to 180 Livingston Street?

Good luck!! Don't forget to keep us updated!!

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Have you folks considered reaching out to the "higher ups," whose contact information can be found here, to make sure you get the e-mail message before reporting to 180 Livingston Street?

Good luck!! Don't forget to keep us updated!!

I didn't know about this, but now that I know, I won't hesitate to call the next time if it happens. Dman was right in regards about what to bring. My process was simple, and I was there for roughly 2 hours. Thank you for the number as well as the luck young

Edited by JoeDJr

12 minutes ago, JoeDJr said:

I didn't know about this, but now that I know, I won't hesitate to call the next time if it happens. Dman was right in regards about what to bring. My process was simple, and I was there for roughly 2 hours. Thank you for the number as well as the luck young

You're welcome. Good luck and don't forget to keep us posted!!

25 minutes ago, Brooklynboy1992 said:

I just received an email talking about a conditional offer of employment. Does that mean I’m moving on to the interview ? They attached files that I have to fill out and bring back in on June 1st

You will do your medical and mad paperwork. Be prepared to be there for like 6 hours. You will sit down with someone that will go over all your paper work. If you pass the medical and your paperwork is in order, they will most likely give you a start date. And that date should be somewhere in the middle of June according to when the next class should be starting.

1 hour ago, Brooklynboy1992 said:

Also another question for the driving part when they ask you to write all your driving violations and convictions. They go off of your NY abstract right ? 

That I can’t answer, I’m not sure. 

3 hours ago, Queensqueens111 said:

Looking like a pick is coming, currently being reviewed and will be possibly in July. So new hires in the first class don’t get comfortable in your spots, as you’ll be invited to it.

Yeah our instructor told us the same thing.

Good Morning everyone, an update for my processing. I was supposed to go in for a medical on tuesday, but I never got the email. I got a follow up phone call (thankfully) and I'll be going down tomorrow morning. Those that use yahoo as an email base may want to change it so as to avoid the same problem that I had. It wasn't in either inbox or spam. List number 23x

Edited by JoeDJr

Congrats to everyone who is either in a class right now or going down for processing.  As someone who was once in your position i feel for you. If your current job is over worked and under paid then track is great. Its a fun job if you like to work in the nyc subway tunnels  and pay and benefits are good. Dont over think it. If your smart enough to wash your clothes you can work track. Ide say the hiring process was harder then the actual job. Dont give up they are quick to find a reason you dont qualify. If you have any questions let me know

Congrats to those of you who have been hired off 8600  and those of you who will be.  I was hired off 3600 a few years ago. Just want to say hardest part of this job is getting past the hiring process.  They will find anything to turn you away. Dont give up.  If you have any questions feel free to ask. Other wise once you are hired.  If you dont mind working nights you got a ok paying job. Anyone seen their mini pick yet?  Welcome to track ill see yall in the Hole. Pause

Thanks for the congrats "Trackhead" and "Trackstar". Thats first and foremost. I took this test years ago and finally completed my pre employment process on Tuesday! Long time coming but all is well. 

So I made it all the way through the hiring process and I am excited to be joining the June 7th class that kicks off with the orientation that will be on zoom for the first day. If I can help anyone that is going through the pre employment stage, just know you MUST clear all pending traffic tickets before you get to the medical portion of the process (they do not want you to owe the city while being hired by the city, simple). Also, be sure to be accurate on your application as it pertains to work history, etc. For example, if you have worked for the mta before, let them know! (Years ago I did bridge and tunnel for like 3 days then got let go for showing up late. I forgot to include that so it created a little hiccup in the process as it seemed to show that I had 2 id numbers, go figure) But thats just an example as to how accurate you have to be with them. As for the medical, make sure your blood pressure is at a decent level, they check that, along with ekg, vision test (if you wear contacts, bring your glasses and some contact solution), hearing test, and they took urine again to check for sugar levels and stuff. Once your are qualified medically, there is a ton of paperwork they will go over with you so make sure you fill out all the pages as much as you can before you see the interviewer. Lastly i noticed a lot of guys were there without the $88.25 money order for fingerprints or had western union money orders. Make sure you bring a UNITED STATES POSTAL money order. No other type will be accepted. Other than that I think you guys will be fine. This is just my experience with the pre employment process over the past few days. Hope this helps those that are next in line.

Oh and I had to resign from my job at the post office today. The MTA will not allow you to work two jobs unless it is approved and thats like a whole other process. Apparently, you have to be fully flexible because you could possibly work anywhere in the borough at any time of day. Keep that in mind guys. If you have any questions about the process I just went through feel free to reply. I check this forum regularly. Its been a ton of help!

Just an update to you guys thats waiting to be called there are at least 750 vacant track jobs ,the initial hire was only suppose to be 200-250 which is likely not going to happen plus with all the retiring going on so stay patient and check your emails guys they are going to need man power to fulfill these spots! 

1 minute ago, Chris127 said:

Just an update to you guys thats waiting to be called there are at least 750 vacant track jobs ,the initial hire was only suppose to be 200-250 which is likely not going to happen plus with all the retiring going on so stay patient and check your emails guys they are going to need man power to fulfill these spots! 

“200-250 which is likely not going to happen” you mean you think they will hire more than that? Cuz everyone is saying at least 300.

13 minutes ago, Kidbx175 said:

“200-250 which is likely not going to happen” you mean you think they will hire more than that? Cuz everyone is saying at least 300.

Yea they will hire way more than 2-250 its alot lf movement going on in track they need to have the right men to jobs ratio