Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Zoey said:

I’m in the 50’s. Looks like there’s a lot of people between 1000-1200 that didn’t respond to their emails from what I’m seeing. Basically the agency lets DCAS know who isn’t responding so they take people off the recertification and DCAS lets the agency know who was restored so list number 16 got first dibs and it works it’s way up. I’m 130x and there are only 50 people ahead of me for appointment. That’s not a lot of people surprisingly 

Is there anyone I can call to let them know I moved? Just wanna give them my new information and stuff.

1 minute ago, Marv said:

Is there anyone I can call to let them know I moved? Just wanna give them my new information and stuff.

Contact examsunit@nyct.com Let them know. You’ll need to tell them your full name, exam number, list number and your last 4 SSN and whatever your new contact information is and they’ll respond back eventually. You’re in the 2400’s so you aren’t that far off Marv 

1 hour ago, Zoey said:

Contact examsunit@nyct.com Let them know. You’ll need to tell them your full name, exam number, list number and your last 4 SSN and whatever your new contact information is and they’ll respond back eventually. You’re in the 2400’s so you aren’t that far off Marv 

Thanks. I appreciate it

2 hours ago, Zoey said:

I’m in the 50’s. Looks like there’s a lot of people between 1000-1200 that didn’t respond to their emails from what I’m seeing. Basically the agency lets DCAS know who isn’t responding so they take people off the recertification and DCAS lets the agency know who was restored so list number 16 got first dibs and it works it’s way up. I’m 130x and there are only 50 people ahead of me for appointment. That’s not a lot of people surprisingly 

That’s not bad. When do u think they will reach the 2700’s ?? 

2 hours ago, Zoey said:

How do you see that number because im literally numbers away from you like single digits.

When I go to the certification list I still see my original list number but also others. Which are you looking at?

Edited by bimmer4me

3 hours ago, Zoey said:

What's the link to check the certification?

1 hour ago, bimmer4me said:

How do you see that number because im literally numbers away from you like single digits.

When I go to the certification list I still see my original list number but also others. Which are you looking at?

What's the link you use 

22 hours ago, bimmer4me said:

If you scroll over next to Track Worker, it says cert (Cert Seq No). That's the placement you want to look at. List numbers are important but it means nothing if you were hired, disqualified or were taken off for not responding which makes the cert numbers important. Those people won't be on the recertification. DCAS in this situation just lets the agency know who was restored and who must not get contacted anymore after the agency tells DCAS. It's kind of confusing at first but its a good indicator of whats going on. List number 16 is cert #1. They were taken off of the list for not responding to NYCT so the agency told DCAS. Person contacted DCAS, got restored and now DCAS recertified and they must be the first to be considered because they have the lowest list number in the recertification and so on. You can basically see who got restored by looking at any list number under like the 900's who now wants to get on. 

Edited by Zoey

8 minutes ago, bimmer4me said:

Emails are out. Do we get drug tested there or do we bring lab results from elsewhere?

Got mine too like an hour ago. Looks like it’s just a drug test. Also asks me to bring the PE. Sucks I work that day lol

1 hour ago, Zoey said:

If you scroll over next to Track Worker, it says cert (Cert Seq No). That's the placement you want to look at. List numbers are important but it means nothing if you were hired, disqualified or were taken off for not responding which makes the cert numbers important. Those people won't be on the recertification. DCAS in this situation just lets the agency know who was restored and who must not get contacted anymore after the agency tells DCAS. It's kind of confusing at first but its a good indicator of whats going on. List number 16 is cert #1. They were taken off of the list for not responding to NYCT so the agency told DCAS. Person contacted DCAS, got restored and now DCAS recertified and they must be the first to be considered because they have the lowest list number in the recertification and so on. You can basically see who got restored by looking at any list number under like the 900's who now wants to get on. 

I don’t understand all that stuff it shows on the list. My name comes up 3 times with different dates. Confused

19 minutes ago, Marv said:

I don’t understand all that stuff it shows on the list. My name comes up 3 times with different dates. Confused

The three different dates are all different certification dates. Pay no mind to dates that have come and gone already. It just means that your list number was one of X amount of list numbers certified for a certain amount of time. Your list number has to be certified first before you can begin the hiring process.

1 minute ago, TraDon said:

The three different dates are all different certification dates. Pay no mind to dates that have come and gone already. It just means that your list number was one of X amount of list numbers certified for a certain amount of time. Your list number has to be certified first before you can begin the hiring process.

Is that the certification sequence number?

54 minutes ago, Marv said:

Is that the certification sequence number?

Not 100% sure but leaning to yes. The description of the certification sequence number is the person's spot on the certification list. They have 250 track worker jobs to fill and they requested 9000 names. They received 7923 list numbers. Does not mean 7000+ people are getting a job. Just means the current certified list is long enough for them to get 250 people from. Some people will decline, not respond, fail drug testing or be placed on medical hold and never get off medical hold.

26 minutes ago, TraDon said:

Not 100% sure but leaning to yes. The description of the certification sequence number is the person's spot on the certification list. They have 250 track worker jobs to fill and they requested 9000 names. They received 7923 list numbers. Does not mean 7000+ people are getting a job. Just means the current certified list is long enough for them to get 250 people from. Some people will decline, not respond, fail drug testing or be placed on medical hold and never get off medical hold.

So that number says 1185. Does that mean I might get called? 

Just now, Marv said:

Certification sequence number

That means right now, there are that many people ahead of you before you’re considered. Not that far away. I was around the cert #900’s last year and now I’m in the 50’s and got the email. You’ll hit those numbers soon.

1 hour ago, bimmer4me said:

Call out. Is the drug test done there ? It says we need results but unclear if we do it there 

Looks like I’m calling out.. think we’ll be in by March?

1 minute ago, Zoey said:

That means right now, there are that many people ahead of you before you’re considered. Not that far away. I was around the cert #900’s last year and now I’m in the 50’s and got the email. You’ll hit those numbers soon.

Looks like I’m calling out.. think we’ll be in by March?

So like another 6 months to a year?