Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

37 minutes ago, Dinero said:

Hi,

I’m a current NYCT employee and I was think about switch Departments. I have some questions for any current track workers. How many people are assigned to a gang?  Is OT Mandatory or is it Voluntary? Are you force to work doubles (ex.If someone calls out)? Are there a lot of locations to pick from in Brooklyn?

Hey i got 5 years with being a track worker answering your first question it all depends on what you pick capital days or night tend go have at least more people in gangs than maintenance days or nights., ot is voluntary you are not forced to work any doubles unless there is a state of an emergency which is rare to happen and snow duty. As far as brooklyn locations it all depends on seniority and if you willing to work night or days hope this sums up most of track . 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Chris127 said:

Hey i got 5 years with being a track worker answering your first question it all depends on what you pick capital days or night tend go have at least more people in gangs than maintenance days or nights., ot is voluntary you are not forced to work any doubles unless there is a state of an emergency which is rare to happen and snow duty. As far as brooklyn locations it all depends on seniority and if you willing to work night or days hope this sums up most of track . 

Edited by Chris127

51 minutes ago, Dinero said:

Hi,

I’m a current NYCT employee and I was think about switch Departments. I have some questions for any current track workers. How many people are assigned to a gang?  Is OT Mandatory or is it Voluntary? Are you force to work doubles (ex.If someone calls out)? Are there a lot of locations to pick from in Brooklyn?

If you dont mind me asking what department are you currently in ?

2 hours ago, Dinero said:

Hi,

Gang size depends , it can be 6-12ish or so ppl in a gang depending on the size. And most locations have multiple gangs that report there. 

OT is not mandatory, unless it’s an emergency like storm watch or a train derails an hour or so before your shift ends. But for the most part you sign up for overtime. If someone calls out that’s not on you they won’t force you to work because of that. 

Yes there are a lot of locations to choose from.

• 2 weeks later...

Just realized NYC Transit sent my PE in October to a really old email I used to have even though I told them numerous times to update it.

Will I have any issues reinstating my name? Deadline was in October and they didn’t text me with my updated phone number as well. I left NYC in 2019 so I made sure to update them with everything and they still mess it up 

Edited by Zoey

On 1/6/2022 at 2:14 AM, Zoey said:

Just realized NYC Transit sent my PE in October to a really old email I used to have even though I told them numerous times to update it.

Will I have any issues reinstating my name? Deadline was in October and they didn’t text me with my updated phone number as well. I left NYC in 2019 so I made sure to update them with everything and they still mess it up 

I would go to 180 Livingston and explain the situation in person. Bring all needed documents and hope for the best. I know someone who had the same situation and was able to reinstate their list number. Good luck

4 hours ago, Rj617 said:

I would go to 180 Livingston and explain the situation in person. Bring all needed documents and hope for the best. I know someone who had the same situation and was able to reinstate their list number. Good luck

Thanks Rj

My contact information was never updated but now it is. I was suppose to be in the upcoming class but I didn’t complete the PE by the deadline. She said there are no more classes scheduled but will let me know when there are since I’ll be in that batch. Disappointed but whatever. I’m surprised this thread has been dead since they passed my list number

36 minutes ago, Zoey said:

Thanks Rj

My contact information was never updated but now it is. I was suppose to be in the upcoming class but I didn’t complete the PE by the deadline. She said there are no more classes scheduled but will let me know when there are since I’ll be in that batch. Disappointed but whatever. I’m surprised this thread has been dead since they passed my list number

May I ask what was your list number ? Cuz I also don’t have access to the email and I changed my phone number 

51 minutes ago, kinks007 said:

May I ask what was your list number ? Cuz I also don’t have access to the email and I changed my phone number 

I’m 130x so up to mine they have people who filled out their PE’s scheduled for classes. Make sure you get confirmation about the change of contact information with them

34 minutes ago, Zoey said:

I’m 130x so up to mine they have people who filled out their PE’s scheduled for classes. Make sure you get confirmation about the change of contact information with them

Oh okay I’m in the 2500. When do u think they will reach mine ?

On 1/8/2022 at 4:07 PM, kinks007 said:

Oh okay I’m in the 2500. When do u think they will reach mine ?

It goes all according to how many classes they schedule and that seems to be random but if I would make a guess, the probability of getting an email this year is pretty good going into 2023. The vaccination requirement may very well speed things up a bit

12 minutes ago, Zoey said:

It goes all according to how many classes they schedule and that seems to be random but if I would make a guess, the probability of getting an email this year is pretty good going into 2023. The vaccination requirement may very well speed things up a bit

Oh okay that makes a lot of sense ! I also took the bus operator exam. I’ll probably get called for that first. I took that 4 years ago 

Just now, kinks007 said:

Oh okay that makes a lot of sense ! I also took the bus operator exam. I’ll probably get called for that first. I took that 4 years 

Just now, kinks007 said:

Oh okay that makes a lot of sense ! I also took the bus operator exam. I’ll probably get called for that first. I took that 4 years ago 

I didn’t mean to say 4 years ago lol. I just took that 

On 1/8/2022 at 1:38 PM, Zoey said:

Thanks Rj

We are super close in list number I believe. What did they tell you because I'm still waiting to her back after the background packet.

32 minutes ago, bimmer4me said:

We are super close in list number I believe. What did they tell you because I'm still waiting to her back after the background packet.

Yea I’m in the 135X and i sent my PE packet in October and still haven’t gotten a call for drug test. I’m wondering if i should follow up, but all the old posts say no news is good news and i woulda been contacted if i was rejected or put the wrong information in my PE application.

6 minutes ago, Wannaworkformta said:

Yea I’m in the 135X and i sent my PE packet in October and still haven’t gotten a call for drug test. I’m wondering if i should follow up, but all the old posts say no news is good news and i woulda been contacted if i was rejected or put the wrong information in my PE application.

I assume we still have some time. I would expect contact sooner than later though.

55 minutes ago, Wannaworkformta said:

That means there is a class scheduled for you since you received your PE and filled it out on time. When those classes are I have no idea. Hr told me once more classes are scheduled after you guys I’ll get an email. 100 years later lol

9 hours ago, Zoey said:

That means there is a class scheduled for you since you received your PE and filled it out on time. When those classes are I have no idea. Hr told me once more classes are scheduled after you guys I’ll get an email. 100 years later lol

Darn.well  hopefully we both hear back soon.  I’m trying to get away for my current position. It’s Really starting to bother me.