Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

1 minute ago, W0rkBum said:

Ty for the congrats, Start date for this class is 2/28 and they seemed to be rushing to fill it, as for list # from what i was able to see the last # for medical-final processing was late 133* . There were many people there for bus operator also.

Interesting! If all goes well with my medical and final processing, we’ll be in the same class.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Mohamed said:

Yea next to my name it says this (The date on which a Certification is scheduled to expire) which would be March 1 2022, does anyone know what this means?

That’s for the certification. Don’t pay much mind to that. When it expires and the agency needs to fill more vacancies, there will be a new certification.

People who don’t show up on certifications are people who ignored canvassing, were disqualified, or appointed. This is why your cert number gets lower as certifications come out

If the agency needs 300 people and your list number is 2400 but your cert is now 7.. you need to be offered appointment before 8. Civil service law I guess. For all we know, 1000 people can ignore canvassing and that could happen in a few months lol

Edited by Zoey

1 minute ago, Zoey said:

That’s for the certification. Don’t pay much mind to that. When it expires and the agency needs to fill more vacancies, there will be a new certification.

People who don’t show up on certifications are people who ignored canvassing, were disqualified, or appointed. This is why your cert number gets lower as certifications come out

If the agency needs 300 people and your list number is 2400 but your cert is now 7.. you need to be offered appointment before 8. Civil service law I guess. For all we know, 1000 people can ignore canvassing and that could happen in a few months lol

Oh ok. My very number is like 1185. Idk if that’s any good? 

1 minute ago, Marv said:

Oh ok. My very number is like 1185. Idk if that’s any good? 

That’ll keep getting lower and lower. Mine was almost 1000 last year and now I’m at 5x.. keep in mind there’s a vaccination requirement now. So this list will get eaten alive now even faster. 

1 minute ago, Zoey said:

That’ll keep getting lower and lower. Mine was almost 1000 last year and now I’m at 5x.. keep in mind there’s a vaccination requirement now. So this list will get eaten alive now even faster. 

Hopefully by the end of the year then… Fingers crossed. I have the vaccination so I’m not worried. Bout to go get the booster next month. So your very close of getting the job or you have it already? 

46 minutes ago, Marv said:

Hopefully by the end of the year then… Fingers crossed. I have the vaccination so I’m not worried. Bout to go get the booster next month. So your very close of getting the job or you have it already? 

My process so far

Exam: 8600

List: 130x

Pre-employment email (10/17/21): Filled late

PE/Drug test (02/04/22): Passed

Medical and Final (02/18/22): Pending

Class (02/28/22): ??

Edited by Zoey

2 minutes ago, Zoey said:

My process so far

Exam: 8600

List: 130x

Pre-employment email (10/17/21): Filled late

PE/Drug test (02/04/21): Passed

Medical and Final (02/18/21): Pending

Class (02/28/21): ??

Nice good luck!!! I’m in the 243x I just wanna get in there already!!! But I hope it all works out for you. 

44 minutes ago, bimmer4me said:

Also what is on the medical.

Medical is an all day process,  even if all goes well. Make sure to have a money order for the exact amount and from the post office. The money order is last step once your hired. You have another quick drug test,  a vision test, a hearing test and a ekg. Then a doctor will review results from all tests,  and do a few more physical tests and ask questions. After that if you pass, you will go in for finger printing once hired. Expect to be there for most of day. I was in at 7am and left at 530. Good luck to all. Also you will take a photo for your ID pass.

Edited by Rj617
Updated info

3 hours ago, bimmer4me said:

How long would you say the wait was for the medical? All day affair?

I got there at 6:45am and there was already 20 people ahead of me in the line. I finally made it to the window around 7:30, got a ticket (#) you then wait in the medical waiting area to be called by that dept’s window, 9:30am they call you up and you fill out 3 odha questioneers on the computer, once complete you sit back down and wait for the medical testing, if i recall 11:30 called in to medical to sit and wait in another seating area until 12pm, the medical consisted of VISION,HEARING,EKG & Urine. Once you complete those you now sit and wait to be called by the final doctor 2:30pm to review your charts and test scores, he then asked me some basic medical questions and had me do some bending and stretches to make sure you are fit for the job. If he sees you are good then he hands you a sheet and tells you to go to window 3 which will be another wait. 3:30-4pm, then you hand in your 21 page sheets and they review them and tell you to be seated. (5pm) then on to another line to wait to speak to the hr and be offered the job, you get your employee id # , paperwork with start address and dates and sheet to order free work boots and an employee guide book(study book), then another wait while they make sure you brought a POSTAL money order which they STRESS HIGHLY and then onto fingerprinting (6pm) pay with the money order. If for some reason you can get to your medical time 30+ mins early (DO IT) you possibly can get your photo if taken before they close at 4pm for the day and not have to stop by the next day.

10 hours ago, Zoey said:

Interesting! If all goes well with my medical and final processing, we’ll be in the same class.

Hope you make it into the class, i know i was asked by the hr if the 2/28 class was fine for me or if i needed a later one? So i guess it is safe to assume there is another real soon.

10 hours ago, W0rkBum said:

Hope you make it into the class, i know i was asked by the hr if the 2/28 class was fine for me or if i needed a later one? So i guess it is safe to assume there is another real soon.

From what I have heard there’s gonna be a few more classes after yours. I believe they are hiring up till March or April that’s what I heard could be wrong if it’s right 5-6 more classes

12 hours ago, W0rkBum said:

I got there at 6:45am and there was already 20 people ahead of me in the line. I finally made it to the window around 7:30, got a ticket (#) you then wait in the medical waiting area to be called by that dept’s window, 9:30am they call you up and you fill out 3 odha questioneers on the computer, once complete you sit back down and wait for the medical testing, if i recall 11:30 called in to medical to sit and wait in another seating area until 12pm, the medical consisted of VISION,HEARING,EKG & Urine. Once you complete those you now sit and wait to be called by the final doctor 2:30pm to review your charts and test scores, he then asked me some basic medical questions and had me do some bending and stretches to make sure you are fit for the job. If he sees you are good then he hands you a sheet and tells you to go to window 3 which will be another wait. 3:30-4pm, then you hand in your 21 page sheets and they review them and tell you to be seated. (5pm) then on to another line to wait to speak to the hr and be offered the job, you get your employee id # , paperwork with start address and dates and sheet to order free work boots and an employee guide book(study book), then another wait while they make sure you brought a POSTAL money order which they STRESS HIGHLY and then onto fingerprinting (6pm) pay with the money order. If for some reason you can get to your medical time 30+ mins early (DO IT) you possibly can get your photo if taken before they close at 4pm for the day and not have to stop by the next day.

Did you have to do a spirometer test? Where they have you breathe into a machine to test your lung capacity.

7 hours ago, TW1 said:

From what I have heard there’s gonna be a few more classes after yours. I believe they are hiring up till March or April that’s what I heard could be wrong if it’s right 5-6 more classes

Are they gonna get to the 24xx’s?

3 hours ago, Marv said:

Honestly bro, no one knows, Keep in mind this list expires in 2024 which is two years from now any thing could happen, who knows by now and when it expires they get up to 4500 people or more or less. But don't stress about it. Maybe some of us might not make it but that doesn't mean we can't take it again and get a better score. Every thing takes time. I am still waiting just like u and every one else but I am not stressing, just staying positive. 

3 hours ago, Marv said:

They are many reason to take into consideration when waiting to be called. 

1- those who do want the job

2- those who don't want the job (because of current job, already at top pay, pros and cons)

3- medical (not passing, failed drug test and so forth)

4- those who are about to retire from now to 2024 when list expires) 

5- (those who gets fired cause of whatever the case may be)

6- those who suddenly passed away

Could be more but just something to keep in mind.