Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, bimmer4me said:

Anyone know if we have to fill in applicable pages in the package we bring to orientation? Or do we save it for there.

Really excited for our accomplishment everyone.

I think we fill it out there, the union loves to explain every little detail and that is what they will be doing the second day, also will ask how much we will give them for dues etc. do we have to print the booklet out?

On 2/17/2022 at 11:13 AM, Zoey said:

That’ll keep getting lower and lower. Mine was almost 1000 last year and now I’m at 5x.. keep in mind there’s a vaccination requirement now. So this list will get eaten alive now even faster. 

On 2/17/2022 at 11:25 AM, Zoey said:

My process so far

Exam: 8600

List: 130x

Pre-employment email (10/17/21): Filled late

PE/Drug test (02/04/22): Passed

Medical and Final (02/18/22): Pending

Class (02/28/22): ??

Your cert # is currently 5XX and they already sent you Pre-employment email, PE/Drug test, and Medical and Final?

4 hours ago, MCID4500Lover92 said:

Does anyone else have issues signing on the My MTA Portal?

I follow the steps to sign in as a new employee but I still get an error message any help would be great thanks.

Are you talking about the vaccination submit thing? Or the boots. What mta portal thing are you talking about 

On 2/21/2022 at 6:25 PM, W0rkBum said:

I think we fill it out there, the union loves to explain every little detail and that is what they will be doing the second day, also will ask how much we will give them for dues etc. do we have to print the booklet out?

I did. Says to bring it to orientation. Kinda pricey but mind you I kinda went overboard and printed all 3 booklets 

Edited by bimmer4me

8 hours ago, W0rkBum said:

^playing it smart, im going to print it out. i also am not able to access the my mta portal, you can do direct deposit enrollment etc on there.

Www.mymta.info

Ohhhh. I was wondering. None of my paperwork’s has that info and the scan thing on that payroll paper doesn’t work. Where does it prompt us to go to the mta portal?

3 hours ago, bimmer4me said:

Ohhhh. I was wondering. None of my paperwork’s has that info and the scan thing on that payroll paper doesn’t work. Where does it prompt us to go to the mta portal?

The mta portal is just us trying to get an early start on things but none of the paperwork i saw said we needed to do that yet or if we even have access to it so far, barcode scanner does not work for me also.

2 minutes ago, W0rkBum said:

The mta portal is just us trying to get an early start on things but none of the paperwork i saw said we needed to do that yet or if we even have access to it so far, barcode scanner does not work for me also.

Thanks. Yeah neither the vaccination thing nor the boots are working for me as of yet. I will try again later. 

12 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

If you can get the hytest or wolverines, they're the most comfortable in my opinion. Also take out the insuls and purchase some Dr. Scholls ones, you going to be wearing those boots most of the day so you might as well be comfortable.

ive had hytest boots before and they lasted forever.

On 2/22/2022 at 1:21 AM, Movefromm3 said:

Your cert # is currently 5XX and they already sent you Pre-employment email, PE/Drug test, and Medical and Final?

Yes, I am now officially hired as a Track Worker. Except my cert was in the 50’s. Training and constantly learning will now be my new endeavor! Should be a very interesting journey. Still can’t believe it!

3 hours ago, bimmer4me said:

the only thing im having trouble with is that vaccine portal . Anyone else get in?

Not working for me either.

I took the March 21 class. Not sure if others on here got that yet but that’s the next class after this Feb 28 one if you’re being called down.

I received a pre employment email inviting me to Livingston on the 24 of Feb. my list number is in the 14xx’s. I did my drug test and that wait was ridiculous 😩 got there at 945am and got called to do urine at 315pm smh now waiting for the physical. Just an update if anyone was wondering where they at as far as the list go. Good luck to everyone and congratulations to the ones that already started the job!! 

15 minutes ago, Wannaworkformta said:

Thank you. I’m just worried about leaving my current job, just to be fired during or after training for failing background. I’m gonna disclose everything when i go in for medical tho. 

Well dont quit until you get sworn in., and you dont tell them anything you disclose all of that on the 21 page booklet they give you. Also have your dispositions from the courts ready so it wont hold up your hiring process 

4 hours ago, Chris127 said:

Well dont quit until you get sworn in., and you dont tell them anything you disclose all of that on the 21 page booklet they give you. Also have your dispositions from the courts ready so it wont hold up your hiring process 

How far do they go back in your criminal history?