Your Transit Memorabilia

Brighton Local

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow very nice. Where did you get that clock. I'll try to get some photos. But here is a quick list on the top of my head.

Tons of various Metrocards:

-Student Metrocard

-Regular Metrocards

-Old Blue and gold Metrocard

-PBL Express Bus Metrocard

Bus Builder Plates:

A RTS-04 Builder Plate

A RTS-06 Builder Plate

Subway Builder Plate:

R-62 (so I was told, bought it a long time ago never checked)

Schedules/brochures:

Almost all Triboro Coach schedules

2 Command Bus Schedules

1 GB Bus Schedule

A bunch of NYBS schedules from the 80's and recently.

A bunch of Liberty Lines schedules

All Subway lines

J lines Service Advisory

The Christmas Surplus thing.

Tons of bus and subway maps

Badges:

NYBS Driver Badge

Command driver badge

TA Driver Badge

OA Driver badge

NYCTS Badge

Various Corgi bus models from NY and other areas (all pbl's and one NYCTA)

Patches:

NYBS

Green Lines

TTC

MTA

And few others that I can't remember

Bus Photo:

A photo of NYBS fishbowl and GM Scenic cruiser in the same photo. I was told that this framed photo was in Mr. Arrigoni's office.

And much more, I'll give a more detailed inventory another time :P Funny thing I had the options to buy a recent MTA badge (the old M style) but I got sniped by the same person who always wins some of the other auction I used to be in. :mad: I still kick myself for not winning it. Anyway nice collection.

let's see now,

the current map a few maps from 2005-2007 (i used to have the 100 Years of Subway map with the brief history of the subway and the old fashioned maps on the back, but i lost that) , the 2001 map, and the 1993 map which i really have no clue how it was there but i was going through the closet in my room one day and i just found it lying there. i also found a 1980s map once but someone threw that on the middle of the street on a rainy day so it was all nasty and soggy and I didn't take it home, but i took a look at it and everything was so different than today (except for the IRT lines, every IRT line was the exact same thing as it is today lol). i also have a few train and bus timetables and that's pretty much it lol.

brighton local where did you get those signs with all the different trains on them and their destinations?

OK you just made me jelous with that front route sign. How did you get it and were can I get one too? You have some very cool stuff, like Error said were did you get those signs.

So my collection:

redbird side 3 peice sign

redbird front route sign on frame

R27/30 front route sign on frame

R40/42 side route sign no frame

redbird hand hold

3 old safety lantens, red green, and yellow

a flying redbird poster

a poster for the R142 cars

several maps

MTA shirt patch

RTO Train Operator patch

I just bought a flashlight on ebay that looks like and old TA light with a red tail light

and a safety vest with the MTA patches removed.

Nice collections! :P

I started collecting in the early '70's and have a nice collection of Phoenix and L.A. stuff from back then. I also have a number of rollsigns from L.A. buses of that era plus a few things from L.A.'s earlier streetcar and interurban era. In the last few years, I've been adding New York memorabilia to my collection, thanks to some kind people at Strappies and Transitstuff. ;)

• 1 month later...
let's see now,

the current map a few maps from 2005-2007 (i used to have the 100 Years of Subway map with the brief history of the subway and the old fashioned maps on the back, but i lost that) , the 2001 map, and the 1993 map which i really have no clue how it was there but i was going through the closet in my room one day and i just found it lying there. i also found a 1980s map once but someone threw that on the middle of the street on a rainy day so it was all nasty and soggy and I didn't take it home, but i took a look at it and everything was so different than today (except for the IRT lines, every IRT line was the exact same thing as it is today lol). i also have a few train and bus timetables and that's pretty much it lol.

brighton local where did you get those signs with all the different trains on them and their destinations?

oh yea, i forgot to mention i have a LOT of timetables:

i have it for the 1, 2 copies of the 2 from different times, 3, 4, 6, 7, B, C, D, E, F/V, 2 copies of the G from different times, J/Z, N, Q, R, W, Q11, Q54, Q60, B54, Q13

Nice bunch of maps, I have a few recent ones and some from the ealry 90's. I was always more into the rollsigns and other equipment. If any one has more rollsigns, please post some pictures of them!

What can I say I'm a map freak. I plan on getting some roll signs and other material when I get a chance.

Looking good buddy! Loving that top row :( lol

Thank you, it does looks good all bunched up like that.

OH MY GOD!!!!! Were did you get the front rollsign and the B signs. Are they from an R44 or 46. That is so cool!

Haha, I knew you'd like it. I bought the front R40 Slant/R40M/R42 rollsign off ebay. The older (:( signs and the (F)(N)&(R) Signs are from ebay as well, from R46'S. The shorter black and white "R68" Text type rollsigns that display the (:D(D)(Q)(Qx)(W) routes, I actually went to a sign shop and had made up for my personal use.