Your Transit Memorabilia

Brighton Local

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The (MTA) is selling stuff right now, go to this link http://mta.info/nyct/materiel/collectsales/index.html

or you can always look on eBay.

Prices do not include shipping & handling. New orders of $1,000 or more receive a 15% discount. Orders below $300 are subject to a non-refundable $50 handling fee

Ouch! Thanks for the link though. Mmm I wonder if I can hook up those master controllers to my PC via USB.

Actually it's not simple but IT IS possible, go on Youtube and search for the London transit museum, you will see a public simulator played on BVE that is just like a subway car, and has the controller etc... I don't know how it works, but it looked very real. And if you really wanna get into it you have a big project. ;)

Actually it's not simple but IT IS possible, go on Youtube and search for the London transit museum, you will see a public simulator played on BVE that is just like a subway car, and has the controller etc... I don't know how it works, but it looked very real. And if you really wanna get into it you have a big project. ;)

Yeah, I know about that BVE sim they have. I have the actual BVE route they use.

• 4 months later...
I know this is a very old topic, but I have a new sign.

DSC01423.jpg

The sign has (A)(K)(C)(H)(E)(F)(V)(G)(R)(W)(N)<Q>(Q)(S)(L)(J)(M)(Z). Saddly it does not have (JFK) or <R>, but has the different shuttles. And it's sitting on an LIRR 3rd rail cover board.

Thanks for reviving this thread! Here's an original rollsign from an R44/R46, signed up as the post December 1989 (JFK) Route. I had this rollsign just as long as I had my R44/R46 (F)(N)(R) signs that I've posted in previous threads.

DSCN0288a.jpg

Zach

Thanks! Ok, back in 2005, some of my friends sent me to the Staten Island Mall to pick up a pair of these Pro-Keds Subway Sneakers. I wore them about 7 or 8 times, that's it. Now they chill in my closet, along with the rest of the photos following the sneakers....

DSCN0293.jpg

DSCN0300.jpg

DSCN0301.jpg

DSCN0302.jpg

DSCN0303.jpg

DSCN0305.jpg

DSCN0306.jpg

DSCN0307.jpg

DSCN0310.jpg

I won't be able to do that for a while since it is back home in Brooklyn and I am in Albany. I might be able to do it around Thanks Giving.

**Bump** I was wondering if you were back in Brooklyn so you could scan that manual for me.

I would love to scan the R143 manual but, because the way it is binded when I have tried to scan it in the past I only get half the page. I may take it to a Staples one day and have them do it. The only trouble is that it has copyrights all over saying "do not duplicate".

I would love to scan the R143 manual but, because the way it is binded when I have tried to scan it in the past I only get half the page. I may take it to a Staples one day and have them do it. The only trouble is that it has copyrights all over saying "do not duplicate".

Well it's not like you are going to be selling it.B) how is it binded? maybe I can help.

In addition to the jacket given to me by my uncle

DSC00180-1.jpg

Story behind this.

We saw a few people with these posters, Fred and R62A 1991 included, so Curtis & I was like "How the hell did you guys get these?" Fred got his from a T/O, while some others took them from the cars itself (myself included).

So when we heard that we can just get them from the cars, Joe, Curtis, Deshawn & I along with the others scrambled into the cars, we had a bit of playfighting foamer style! LOL. I ended up getting one out but ended up ripping it, I was like "$#!@#$@!#". Then a contractor was going to get one for Curtis, but he ended up getting trapped in the train going to Rector Street, which was probably the most funniest part of the entire day @ South Ferry! The next train that pulled in, I successfully pulled out this one.

Then the gay announcement occurs " Due to a water main break @ Canal Street, (1), (2) & (3) trains are SUSPENDED IN BOTH DIRECTIONS. The next (1) Train that pulled in was going out of service, I ended up moving the plastic, but when the lady said "Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors, This Train is NOT IN SERVICE" I just left the train, didnt want to take any chances. Then both trains in the station went OOS, forcing people to take the (R) & (W) trains. I was going to give Curtis my poster, but @ flushing, he gave it back B)

well i have some train signs:

42 St- Grand Central (S)(4)(5)(6)(7)

Chambers Street- World Trade Center (1)(2)(3)

161 St- Yankee Stadium (4)(C)(D)

34 St- Penn Station (A)(C)(E)(1)(2)(3)(9)

42 St- Times Square (N)(R)(S)(1)(2)(3)(9)(7)

149 St- Grand Concourse (2)(4)(5)

Astor Place (6)

Stillwell Av- Coney Island (:)(D)(F)(N)

a no standing shuttle bus sign

exact fare 90 cents sticker

articulated bus and mci express bus bookmarks

keep bus stops and bus lanes clear bookmarks

i have a few piggy bank nova-rts buses but when i was little, i always made new destination signs for them, cause i thought that was cool, and i think that's about it. i would have more if i didn't move outta brooklyn B)

<6>