New Flyer XD60 Delivery And Discussion Thread

davemackey

6 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

And where the hell they gonna put them? Fairview is overbooked, Meadowlands is mainly MCI, and Hilton is Hilton.

"Hilton is Hilton", means nothing. And Meadowlands has roughly 110 NABIs, they are nowhere near mainly MCIs as you say.

This order will likely go to both Meadowlands and Hilton. They still want the 123 and 126 to be articulated lines. They'll likely boot the 5200s from Meadowlands to make space.

I very much doubt Fairview and Big Tree will get a cut of this order, but stranger things have happened.

Edited by Cait Sith

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/16/2022 at 12:22 PM, Cait Sith said:

"Hilton is Hilton", means nothing. And Meadowlands has roughly 110 NABIs, they are nowhere near mainly MCIs as you say.

This order will likely go to both Meadowlands and Hilton. They still want the 123 and 126 to be articulated lines. They'll likely boot the 5200s from Meadowlands to make space.

I very much doubt Fairview and Big Tree will get a cut of this order, but stranger things have happened.

Agreed! I believe both Hilton and Meadowlands will split on the new batch of XD60s, unless the new Union City Garage opens by 2024 Transit might put some there 

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

We might have to repin this with the delivery of upcoming XD60s and 24001 being built.

Unless you guys want to put the deliveries under New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

Edited by DCTransitFilms

13 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

We might have to repin this with the delivery of upcoming XD60s and 24001 being built.

Unless you guys want to put the deliveries under New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

Yeah it was spotted at a hotel. Wonder if it's the same one in South Plainfield where a lot of the new MCIs parked before going to ADD

34 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

They’re getting MORE??? What garage can even handle more artics at this point?

31 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Might be another reason why the 2008 NABIs are starting to retire. I did hear a rumor Fairview wants to be an all arctic garage in the future.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

I'm quite sure those artics are going to replace the 2008 Nabi suburbans in Fairview, Meadowlands and possibly Hilton. I won't be surprised if Big Tree gets and additional amount since route 99 gets an artic or two every weekday and Ironbound in the future gets a few for runs on the 62 line..which they need badly