Life After Schoolcar...

NASCAR

I'm baaaaack...show some g*d d@mn respect!!;) Yessir,Nascar is back with MORE ranting and experiences that I get while being a T/O in the TA! Get yur popcorn ready because this is some "motion picture sh!t".

Ok,check it out..I'm on my own for 2 weeks road posting in the "b" division(letter trains) as a Real T/O picking up passengers.Ok,I start at 145 st. and I'm supposed to work the "B" line.I sign in and nobody want's to take me.:( I'm cool with that but after almost an hour I'm starting to get p*ssed!:mad: Wtf? I mean c'mon, I need to get the h*ll outta here! What's the worst that could happen?:rolleyes:Ok, now I see a Tss walking into the office...:eek: YOU GOTTA BE F*CKING KIDDING ME!!!I promise you, I'll tell you about this some other time!LONG story..Soooo I'm back to these idiots talking all this smack about how they can't take me because of G-O's and one guy had the nerve to say he's coming back from sick and he still under the weather!:confused:Give me a break!:cool:

Now the ADT is getting p*ssed and he said "one of ya'll has to take the student,you were once new before!"Finally..gosh! Ok so they find this old timer(old head) who agreed to take yur boy.B) Before we take off,the Tss calls me to say he'll be evaluating me.He shakes my hand and tells me his name and blah, blah,blah and then begins to pick my brains.He's questioning me on flagging,signals and road operations like speed over switches and grade times.I answer all the questions to his satisfication and then he asks me "who's yur Tss?" I told him the "#1 man" with pride.:D Why did I do that? He went crazy and started to ask me about circuit breakers and all this sh*t that has nothing to do with anything.They hold you to a higher standard when they find out who yur Tss is! Now before I went down the road with this dik,had to show him I had all my ppe including the lint in my bag..lol

Ok now we get on the train 2 minutes before departure and I charge up the R68!:D The c/r asks me for the line-up and off I go taking a bottom yellow into the next station getting a feel for the train and the dik(Tss) busts in the cab saying to skip the station because of Police investigation and why did I slow down? The other T/O and I didn't hear anything about that.Not even 2 stops and this guy is getting on my nerves!!:mad:I'm praying that this guy would get outta my cab and let me get busy.(christ) So now I'm making my stops and falling a lil bit short of the mark but my c/r was a Beast and opened up any time I came up short or passed my mark a little bit.This c/r was Great!! I'm working well with him.:) Now I had to punch for my route at 59 street and continue south-bound that's when the old timer took over the controls to show me how to use less brake and make a smoother stop in the 20-30 lb. brake range.

See the R68's are diff animals when it comes to the Smee equipment.If you take a brake,you Better hold it because it Will get away from you!!:eek:Sooo as the T/O attemps to show me how to stop,he misses the mark and almost blew the station...lol,ha ha...ahhhhhh ha ha! Yeh,show me how to make a tunnel stop.;) He gives the controls back to me and says" I don't like these trains,shoulda stayed on the "A" line." Yeh, you should have!B) Now we're going over the bridge(manhattan) and are now being timed to death!:eek: I wish I could hurry up because that water and the bridge shaking is NOT cool.:( Ok,we're outside now(bklyn) going express and the rail-fans are snapping pictures like crazy as I pass the local stops.Someone must have told them NASCAR was passing by at any moment.:D By this time we're pulling into B-Beach terminal and I get off the train and the Tss said I operated very good and he couldn't believe this was my first road operation!:D Thank you sir but yur still a dik..:mad:

Ok so we make our way back uptown on the "B" and I'm truck'n up the line and the TSS decides he wanna ride in the cab and observe my operation one more time before he gets off my train.Ok so I'm pulling in one the outside stations and guess who I see?? I can't believe it..Ahhh yes it's the "#1 Man!!" I almost go into emergency because I cannot believe he's gonna witness what I'm gonna tell you guys later on!Ok,the #1 man walks up to the window and the first thing he saw is that TSS and then he saw me!!!:eek: Words cannot explain the expression on his face..lol So he says to me with the biggest grin"sooooo how ya doin today?" I look at him and both of us BUST out laughing....lol ha,ha!!!!Classic Sh*t!!!

Ok, later on I do one more trip and the last one to 145 st. was on a slant 40!!!:D Yessss!! I'm telling you right now that train is God to any train in the system!I feel really confident during operations and that thing stops on the dime.It won't get away from you it's fast as h*ll.:D You can blow in the station like nothing and make yur mark.I'm a BEAST on the slant 40's!:D At the end of the evening I asked the the T/O "how did I do??" he replied"as long as you didn't hit any reds or home-ball's,yur cool with me.":confused: SOB..lol I think I did pretty good.I AM LEGEND..B) NASCAR

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The (A) is a great line with good trains so I feel what that T/O is saying. I went to the (V) just for less cab time.

However get use to Train Crews and supervisors giving you guys the cold shoulder the way your being looked as is a New Jack from the street that didn't earn thier handles. I am just keeping it real you know we cool NASCAR. I really don't take many students because most don't have the respect for the job they think its a game. The main thing about students is if you hit a signal the trainer gets the days in the street.

Damn, you got to drive the slant R40 :D I envy you. If I ever become a T/O, by the time I get that spot, the slants will probably be no longer in revenue service. :D
God I love that train..Hurry up and take the next exam bro before they send them to the ocean.

God I love that train..Hurry up and take the next exam bro before they send them to the ocean.

Yeah, I play on applying for the T/O exam in March. Which brings another issue. Since I already applied to take the C/R exam, if I get called for C/R first and then T/O am I screwed? Will I have to wait for the promo exams?

LMAO

I love your descriptions. In addition to being an operator, you should consider writing.

lol..Listen, If I don't do this I'd be cheating u! I see alot of funny stuff and this is my outlet.:D I take this job very SERIOUS tho,alot of lives are in our hands every day we hop in that cab.I don't think anyone would be interested in my writings..I pop ALOT of sh!t.:D

Yeah, I play on applying for the T/O exam in March. Which brings another issue. Since I already applied to take the C/R exam, if I get called for C/R first and then T/O am I screwed? Will I have to wait for the promo exams?
Nah,just resign c/r and roll to T/O if it came down to it.

The (A) is a great line with good trains so I feel what that T/O is saying. I went to the (V) just for less cab time.

However get use to Train Crews and supervisors giving you guys the cold shoulder the way your being looked as is a New Jack from the street that didn't earn thier handles. I am just keeping it real you know we cool NASCAR. I really don't take many students because most don't have the respect for the job they think its a game. The main thing about students is if you hit a signal the trainer gets the days in the street.

Wassup Dave? Yeh yur right!I know a few people who really don't deserve the job.I've been asked am I off the street every day now.I really wanna ask them did they get their uniform up off the street.:eek:Now if a student hits a signal,they SHOULD charge schoolcar NOT you.:mad:It's unfair to the Operator.

I agree and I think more T/O's would take students if they didn't get in trouble for the students actions.

Yeah those R40 Slaints are the BEST!!:D I had many of fun days operating those trains on the (:D(N)(W) Lines. Its too bad by next year they be all gone unless your operating the Garbage train.

I agree and I think more T/O's would take students if they didn't get in trouble for the students actions.

Yeah those R40 Slaints are the BEST!!:D I had many of fun days operating those trains on the (B)(N)(W) Lines. Its too bad by next year they be all gone unless your operating the Garbage train.

I'm gonna miss that train.:I see why the "#1 man" loves that train so much.:D Soon it's gonna be nothing but new trains.:(:mad:I hate those Rat 160's! Sorry,those are NOT real trains.They're boring to operate and they have NO soul! They remind me of hospital..lol I feel like it's a BIG MRI machine.:D

I hate those Rat 160's! Sorry,those are NOT real trains.They're boring to operate and they have NO soul! They remind me of hospital..lol I feel like it's a BIG MRI machine.:D

Interesting. What is your opinion with the R-160's handle on the right? Is it uncomfortable to operate with it like that?

Archived