Life After Schoolcar...

NASCAR

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are the black bags the same thing NYPD officers have strapped to their legs, if it is it's worthless and makes you a target if you use it.

Yeah the escape masks are similiar to the ones that the NYPD uses just not as good. I agree they are useless but it makes the TA look like they are doing something. A big waste of money.

What's up everybody ... I haven't posted in a while. I just got caught up on this thread and seems a lot of you are getting ready to come out. Good luck. I came out just before Thanksgiving last year , so now I have a year over the road ... the time moves fast. Good luck out there , don't get cocky , and keep your heads in the game , focus on what your doing at all times and everything should go smooth.

Dave , how's it going? I'm on the B today. Bravo 315. Coming off my RDO's ... talk to you later. Happy Holidays.

Today..........................Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!:mad:Excuse me,I'm gonna RANT!! Ask yurself,who Am I?What is my purpose in life?How do others view me? Am I a TA person?Am I a man of the people?Am I a man of respect? I'm saying this because there's ALOT of CLOWNS in RTO!I know whatcha saying..."NASCAR'S at it again!!" Well....yur right!I just don't understand people,I really don't.:confused:If yur F*cking scared,get a dog cowards!!!I will NEVER let a job dictate who Iam,you should do the same!Do I sound angry??:rolleyes:Well............Today I was at Stillwell posting on the Nancy on a Rat-160.My trainer was cool but his conductor was a B*tch!I kept this guy on the board ALL DAY!! You don't understand,I was holding it down!I was a BEAST...Later on I went B.I.E.because my hand slipped.:D I didn't hit nothing!It happens..What can I say??Guess what?This SOB calls control on me!!!"Control,Control the Nancy outta Stillwell went B.I.E.,student operating it..." Can you believe it?:mad:The trainer and I were OUTRAGED!!!Iam a student,this is yur regular T/O,what the h*ll are you doing?Next stop the TSS and the RCI was on my train f*cking with me asking all these stupid questions.I asked If someone was killed because they're acting like Police.(Yes,I really said that.)They took me and my trainer's name and Pass and jumped on the tracks to see if I my snow block was in place and no marks on it.They called control back basically to let them know I wasn't drunk.:rolleyes:When we reached Ditmars,my trainer gave him pure H*ll,I can't repeat what was said..He tried to justify what he did but I walked passed him like he didn't exist.Now he and my trainer is going at it and Now the T/O's and C/R's heard what he did and tore a new a** in him.The whole lunch room went crazee and was on my side!I caused a riot...:eek:I found out everyone HATES his guts!He wasn't allowed to eat in that room today.Mr.Conductor,you sir are a DIK...A Rat Bastit,A Coward and one of the reasons why people can't stick together down here!The T/O and C/R are supposed to be a TEAM!You don't F*ck wit these people,they're heartless,they'll hang you every chance they get.Mr.Conductor....F*CK YOU!!

Nascar you'll realize eventually that you need your conductor but he doesn't need you. You will probably never get a chance to "save" him but he will get many chances over the years to "save" you.

What that conductor did was called protecting his job!!!!! He doesn't know you, why should he risk his job for you? If the same thing happened but his regular partner was operating it most likely would have gone down differently.

Nascar you'll realize eventually that you need your conductor but he doesn't need you. You will probably never get a chance to "save" him but he will get many chances over the years to "save" you.

What that conductor did was called protecting his job!!!!! He doesn't know you, why should he risk his job for you? If the same thing happened but his regular partner was operating it most likely would have gone down differently.

I come to realize that YOU are one of those...I move with respect and morals!I've been down here for a good while and there's certain things you DON'T do!He didn't even know who was operating?It could have been the regular T/O!You give people a chance,wait to see what's going on.Hit me on the ICS,ask what's the deal?,don't get on that radio banging people in.I've visited many towers,talked to supt's,tss's,even RCC!You know what all have said?"Stay off that radio!" What happened was minor and it could have been fixed.Save me??Lol...I'm cut from a different cloth than you.

I come to realize that YOU are one of those...I move with respect and morals!I've been down here for a good while and there's certain things you DON'T do!He didn't even know who was operating?It could have been the regular T/O!You give people a chance,wait to see what's going on.Hit me on the ICS,ask what's the deal?,don't get on that radio banging people in.See I don't expect YOU to understand this because yur one of those..You couldn't be a cop.:cool:

Maybe when you have some time on the job and been screwed by the TA a couple of times you will realize how things work. Believe me the C/R knew his partner wasn't operating. You know how your partner operates by this stage in the pick.

C/R's are trained from day one these days to bang in everything or they will be fired. They are brain washed from day one of school car.

You say you have been down here for a "good while", how long is that? Because you obviously have no clue about how things work. You don't know that conductors story, maybe he has a large jacket and one more thing and he is fired or demoted. There are many variables.

You refuse to own up to the simple fact of you made a mistake and got called on it. Being a student its no harm no foul but you took it personally. People like you is the reason that alot of T/O's refuse to take students.

Lucky for me when I used to work the road I never had a student like YOU!

Maybe when you have some time on the job and been screwed by the TA a couple of times you will realize how things work. Believe me the C/R knew his partner wasn't operating. You know how your partner operates by this stage in the pick.

C/R's are trained from day one these days to bang in everything or they will be fired. They are brain washed from day one of school car.

You say you have been down here for a "good while", how long is that? Because you obviously have no clue about how things work. You don't know that conductors story, maybe he has a large jacket and one more thing and he is fired or demoted. There are many variables.

You refuse to own up to the simple fact of you made a mistake and got called on it. Being a student its no harm no foul but you took it personally. People you is the reason that alot of T/O's refuse to take students.

Lucky for me when I used to work the road I never had a student like YOU!

Lol...I must say that yur VERY entertaining!Don't worry about how much time I have.I know what goes on,YOU have no clue partner.I know the guy,22 years on the job.He's not on the sh*t list anyways.My trainer took it MORE personal me,you have no idea.You think I care if T/O's refuse to take student's?Nope!I have the "BEST" TSS that ever stepped foot on TA soil.Yur not getting the point old head.:D

Nope!I have the "BEST" TSS that ever stepped foot on TA soil.Yur not getting the point old head.:D]

That's good you must have JB because he's the best that's left in school car. The rest left a few years ago. Make sure they teach you BOTH the school car way and the actual way.

Not really sure what "old head" means. Can't be about age because I'm probably younger than you, I'm 31.

Just look at things from both sides is all I'm saying. I could understand if your instucting T/O took it personally that makes sense because he has some kind relationship with that C/R. The moral of the story is us T/O's need C/R's they don't need us.

That's good you must have JB because he's the best that's left in school car. The rest left a few years ago. Make sure they teach you BOTH the school car way and the actual way.

Not really sure what "old head" means. Can't be about age because I'm probably younger than you, I'm 31.

Just look at things from both sides is all I'm saying. I could understand if your instucting T/O took it personally that makes sense because he has some kind relationship with that C/R. The moral of the story is us T/O's need C/R's they don't need us.

God help us...(yawnnn)

I was trained by JB great instructor my nickname for him was "Simon" since he didn't hold back any punches.

Now back to the subject at hand the Conductor as per Bulletin did the right thing by calling Control. The Conductor is in charge of the train and if he would have let you proceed without saying anything and Supvision was on the train or someone made a call the Conductor would get days in the street for not banging you in. The Reg. T/O may get days in the street depending who is taken the incident since he was suppose to bang it in first and he is held responable for the actions of the student which is why some T/O's don't take students. Nothing going to happen to you since your still in School car so they will get hit with the Delay Charge.

Also any time you have a BIE a RCI and TSS will respond to your train to check you out and the tripping device. The TSS will interview the T/O and C/R in this case. Supervision must do an investigation on all incidents.

Also what Jah said is very true that is how RTO is and the T/O does need the C/R more then the other way around. The C/R can make or break any T/O. You Must always remember unless your OPTO your not the only crew member what you do effect your C/R's job as well.

Also keep in mind his is just the beginning when your RX you will work with a few C/R's like that who will tell you one wrong move and your dealing with Control. Hopefully you won't deal with too many bad ones.

Also C/R's do know when someone else is operating since they are in tune with thier regular T/O's operation.

I remember my last Student on the (M) Line the guy on the last trip a Shuttle from Met to Mytle then say " I'm doing great right"! I said well ask the C/R who was operating. We get to Mytle he said " who do you thing was operating"? C/R " He joking right?!" So he got his feeling alittle hurt but told him Your creeping up to the marker I don't do that very much. My C/R didn't like the idea I took a student and I just told her I got it under control. I really don't take students any more its case by case only.

Please don't take it personal the C/R just was protecting his job but should have communicated on the IC that he was going to call this way your Trainer could have cleaned it up a bit.

I just hope you don't work with that C/R again.

Dave,Dave...Yur cool with me man.I respect what you said,however I disagree. How can I put this?The whole situation was blown away..I accept FULL responsibility but what the C/R did was F*cked up.:mad:He did not know who was operating because we took turns and everytime we reached the end he'll say"that was you or my guy?"He said he couldn't tell..I don't let that gas me up because ANYONE can operate an R-160 smoothly!He did NOT not call us on the IC or nothing!To get on the radio and bang it in like that was disrespectful in the highest form!!!As you can see I'm not a "company man."I don't care if the Pope was on my train,I'm gonna charge up and keep it movin IF I know it's ME.I'm the eyes of the train when it's moving and I'm gonna get people to their destination safely.All this TA mumbo jumbo messes the job up.People down here are so Paranoid about what "could" happen they loose focus.Like I said,I'm a man of respect,I'm no Rat,I'm no coward,I'm no "TA MAN", I just operate trains and stack my money!Tell control that...:)

Archived