R42 on the (C)

lightkiller145

Soon...

There's a rumor no more R38's on the ©harlie by Monday, guess we'll see but those are going FAST

I'll believe it when I see it. Whenever you think they will be gone, they just remain. It's like some kind of horror film. The train that wouldn't die... B)

I don't know about the (C); But I just saw one on the (F) for the first time, going the other way (towards CI) at 4th Av.

A couple of weeks ago, one pulled up beside me on the ® putin that runs down the Sea Beach in the afternoon. That was the first time I had seen that. I was wondering why they seemed to be keeping them only on the (E).

A couple of weeks ago, one pulled up beside me on the ® putin that runs down the Sea Beach in the afternoon. That was the first time I had seen that. I was wondering why they seemed to be keeping them only on the (E).

PUTIN? Wow, now the MTA is being controlled by the Russians. I see how it works. B)

I don't know about the (C); But I just saw one on the (F) for the first time, going the other way (towards CI) at 4th Av.

Interesting there running 42's in service on the (F) on a sunday. I hope the 42's are still running on the (F) on election day.

Okay, it is RUMOUR until PROVEN FACT. I'll have to see it through my own four eyes before believing any foamer talk on SubChat.

Believe me, no one knows that more than me...

But when the poster is a SUPERVISOR at one of the yards that handles the ©harlie line well that's a little different...

But then again, this is RTO and anything can happen so "wait and see"

Soon...

There's a rumor no more R38's on the ©harlie by Monday, guess we'll see but those are going FAST

Im possiable, otherwise Id see R38s, plus why the hell would the T/A dump the 38s before 32s and 40S

Anyways, when the 38s enter retirement, then the 40M/42 shall take over

Believe me, no one knows that more than me...

But when the poster is a SUPERVISOR at one of the yards that handles the ©harlie line well that's a little different...

But then again, this is RTO and anything can happen so "wait and see"

You know, there were some far fetched rumour-theories hatched across SubChat about slants running on the (A) line. I really have to see people here post pics up before I could offer my voice. I mean the (C) could run mods and 42s, since they are there already at the yard. But as for slants... like you said... wait and see.

The hippos and little hippos will still be around.

I said the OLD SMEEs (which meant the Redbird class, the Brightliners, the Slants, the 38s, the Mods and the 42s). They would be all gone once the MTA orders additional orders of the 160.

The Hippo and little Hippo are the NEW SMEEs and of course they are going to stick around for a while.

Really, in like 5-6 years, all of the old SMEEs (from the first SMEE to the R42) are gone. Which is really depressing.

nah some will stick longer till the R179 makes wave, seeing that the contract is almost over with the 160s THANK GOD :D!!!

Im possiable, otherwise Id see R38s, plus why the hell would the T/A dump the 38s before 32s and 40S

Anyways, when the 38s enter retirement, then the 40M/42 shall take over

Anything is possible..

As for why the R38's might go first, I don't know for sure but I'd venture a guess it's got something to do with those roofs...

Soon...

This would be impossible to do because there would be a short in train service. Where would they get the extra trains from and how would they work? And where would the 38's go?

We have a bunch of R38s laid up that are scheduled for reef project this week. As soon as I see them pulled into the shop and a cutting torch being taken to them. I will post some pics. We have a large number of R32s from Jamaica that are being cut up right now... I guess it depends on how long it takes to finish those.

As for the R42s on the C. There has been a few here and there that I saw... I dont know if there is a set schedule to send these to the C line but ill try and keep everyone posted.

We have a bunch of R38s laid up that are scheduled for reef project this week. As soon as I see them pulled into the shop and a cutting torch being taken to them. I will post some pics. We have a large number of R32s from Jamaica that are being cut up right now... I guess it depends on how long it takes to finish those.

DAMN YOU MAN !!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

As for the R42s on the C. There has been a few here and there that I saw... I dont know if there is a set schedule to send these to the C line but ill try and keep everyone posted.

damn it!! Now I need to run to 207th!

And I need to catch the 42s ayeeeeeee

is the 40M going on the (C)?

The hippos and little hippos will still be around.

LOL what are little hippos? R44s/R46s?

Is there like .. enough cars still at ENY for the (C) to get 42s, I know the R40Ms can be taken from the (:D as in (B)rave train~

R40Ms are off the (B) and all on the (A). The (C) can get R42s once R42s are transferred from Jamaica once that yard gets R160s for (F) service.

So the 40s and 42s will be pulled from the (A) and the (A) will get the 38s. Why didn't they just do that in the first place?

Due to different placement of C/R cabs in the R40Ms/R42s than R32s/R38s, new conductor boards have to be installed along the (C) line.

is the 40M going on the (C)?

Yes.

Archived