B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RedSuxH8r said:

I was assuming that MTA Bus Company offered pension but someone told me that he was absolutely certain they don't. Can someone tell me where I can find out for sure before going forward with my process? Thanks

@RedSuxH8r At New York City Transit you get more than just a paycheck. We’re committed to helping you live well physically and emotionally both now and in the future. After joining New York City Transit you will have access to a pension, 401(k) retirement savings plan, wellness programs, insurance plans, and healthcare plans with coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and dependents

>>>> is on the oficial website >>>

http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/benefits.htm#:~:text=At New York City Transit you get more than just a paycheck.&text=After joining New York City,%2C domestic partners%2C and dependents.

On 2/20/2022 at 12:43 PM, RedSuxH8r said:

I was assuming that MTA Bus Company offered pension but someone told me that he was absolutely certain they don't. Can someone tell me where I can find out for sure before going forward with my process? Thanks

Good night.  MTA Bus do have a pension plan only difference OA & TA pension is more.  I have sibling/friends who’s MTA Bus.

On 2/25/2022 at 6:56 PM, Kennedy said:

Good night.  They want to know what you did right after high school.  Yes and all the jobs dear.  

Thank you! I submitted my application yesterday so I’m hoping they have all they need. 

9 hours ago, Scr100 said:

Thank you! I submitted my application yesterday so I’m hoping they have all they need. 

Ok.  So next is medical and clearance, start date.  Be prepared.  Once you’re medically cleared you’re most likely going to start that Sunday thereafter.

3 hours ago, Kennedy said:

Ok.  So next is medical and clearance, start date.  Be prepared.  Once you’re medically cleared you’re most likely going to start that Sunday thereafter.

Thank you. Do you know more or less how soon they may contact me for medical? I want to give my current employer proper notice. 

11 hours ago, Scr100 said:

Thank you. Do you know more or less how soon they may contact me for medical? I want to give my current employer proper notice. 

Don't give notice untill you pass Physical and Training....Just check your email often. @Scr100 Training is 10 days.  Just call out 7 days not counting weekends...you don’t want to quit untill you pass Training. 

Edited by Andy1

15 hours ago, Scr100 said:

Like Andy 1 said.  Or the best way is to take leave of absence or ask for a 2 weeks family leave or so.  Not everyone pass the 10 days training.  And if you don’t have your CDL license you will need more time after the 10 days training.  They should have a another class on 3/13

Just now, Kennedy said:

Like Andy 1 said.  Or the best way is to take leave of absence or ask for a 2 weeks family leave or so.  Not everyone pass the 10 days training.  And if you don’t have your CDL license you will need more time after the 10 days training.  They should have a another class on 3/13

I left my job because I know what I wanted and that I was moving forward.  I knew they would take me back.  The school bus companies are crying out for drivers.

1 hour ago, Kennedy said:

Good day! So I received the email for my medical appointment for this Saturday with a tentative start date of 3/13. I responded and was instructed to report Monday morning for final processing assuming I pass medical. Can I request to be pushed to the next class? To who would I make that request? Is anyone aware of any future training start dates?

Thank you for your response!

1 hour ago, Scr100 said:

Good day! So I received the email for my medical appointment for this Saturday with a tentative start date of 3/13. I responded and was instructed to report Monday morning for final processing assuming I pass medical. Can I request to be pushed to the next class? To who would I make that request? Is anyone aware of any future training start dates?

If you Pass Physical just go! called out sick or something! If this is what you want dont let it go. Once you are in training decide what you want to do. 

Just now, Kennedy said:

Lots of 12 hours, 5 days a week, 4:50am to 4:38pm.  It’s going to be early morning for line training.

I’m enjoying driving the big bus but no time too much for yourself while in training.  And if you’re driving to work make sure you choose a depot where there’s parking.  Some depot like Grand Ave, parking is a problem for the new folks.  It’s around lots of warehouses and lucky if you come and reach your car the same way you left it too.

3 hours ago, Scr100 said:

Worst thing to do.  Who ever start before you will have seniority ahead of you.  The faster you get in the better.  And you may have a hard time getting on to the people at 180 or them getting back to you.  Be positive and move forward.  When you think that way everything will move forward with and for you.

3 hours ago, Scr100 said:

Exactly when you will start as long as you don’t have any medical problem.  Go get it.  Too many people waiting for your spot.  

Just now, Kennedy said:

Exactly when you will start as long as you don’t have any medical problem.  Go get it.  Too many people waiting for your spot.  

Do you have your CDL license?  If not start studying the pre-trip while you can.  And if you have the license you only have to learn the air break testing what they call ALSAP.

32 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

I’m enjoying driving the big bus but no time too much for yourself while in training.  And if you’re driving to work make sure you choose a depot where there’s parking.  Some depot like Grand Ave, parking is a problem for the new folks.  It’s around lots of warehouses and lucky if you come and reach your car the same way you left it too.

@Kennedynice. All i need to pass Physical is this sleep study. Going to take about a month with 2 nigth sleep and the follow up with the doc in April. Plus me trying to get back to 180 Livingston. Annoying but at least I'm still working plus I apply for the TA exam so I'm taking my time...

25 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

@Kennedynice. All i need to pass Physical is this sleep study. Going to take about a month with 2 nigth sleep and the follow up with the doc in April. Plus me trying to get back to 180 Livingston. Annoying but at least I'm still working plus I apply for the TA exam so I'm taking my time...

Ok.  Best of luck.  You will be good.  Just will have to go back to 180 every six months after you’re hired to see the doctor.  I have to go six months too.

How long does it take for mta to email you after doing the drug test and pre employment ? I did the preemployment and drug test on 2/16/22. Still waiting for a reply. Also why isn’t the 2602 exam key not posted. I took the test on Sunday 12/5/21.

8 hours ago, Andy1 said:

If you Pass Physical just go! called out sick or something! If this is what you want dont let it go. Once you are in training decide what you want to do. 

Thank you for all the advice and encouragement. I have waited on this for some time so I’m going to move in faith and go all in. Blessings to everyone during this process and thereafter. 

3 minutes ago, Scr100 said:

Thank you for all the advice and encouragement. I have waited on this for some time so I’m going to move in faith and go all in. Blessings to everyone during this process and thereafter. 

Absolutely go for it! Please check your messages.