B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

On 2/4/2022 at 7:14 AM, Andy1 said:

I seriously think that this exam, they going to place you in Spring-Creek depo based on the description. Will that be the case? If so March exam will be a better option. 

This is for full time at all the MTA Bus garages. If you voluntarily pick and wasn’t forced into Spring Creek, JFK or Far Rockaway depots, those are the three depots that you will be working out of. Vice versa for the other MTA Bus depots. You go into the remaining MTA Bus depots, you can only work out of those other depots. 

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

This is for full time at all the MTA Bus garages. If you voluntarily pick and wasn’t forced into Spring Creek, JFK or Far Rockaway depots, those are the three depots that you will be working out of. Vice versa for the other MTA Bus depots. You go into the remaining MTA Bus depots, you can only work out of those other depots. 

As a rookie do get to choose what shift you want or does it go by seniority? Do the shifts rotate. 

1 hour ago, Beck said:

As a rookie do get to choose what shift you want or does it go by seniority? Do the shifts rotate. 

You start as xtra list, you’ll get to choose a shift “type “. Early late or night .  You might not get to choose that but you’ll be given similar hours for what you are.  You might be mornings one week nights next week and overnight next week. Can vary based on depot needs.  Once you are able to pick a run it won’t be one that does the same thing every day….it’ll be called a work run ….different shifts and different routes daily, but the same thing every week (example: M1 run 201, m96 run 903, rdo (regular day off), rdo, M1 run 217, M98 run 717….but each week you do the same thing 

i don’t know what those are that’s just an example 

8 hours ago, Beck said:

All work is picked based on seniority. The higher you stand, the better chance of you picking a run or any other piece of work that you find desirable. I suggest reading the New Hire FAQ post that was written by @SevenEleven for the types of work you can choose from.

There's the extra list (basically a "spare" driver in loosely derived terms), straight runs (if you just want to work a set schedule with no variations), work runs (similar to picking a straight run but you're working the runs whose days off fall on the weekdays plus two weekend runs that are automatically attached), and vacation relief (holding down the work of someone who is on vacation for that given week including their regular days off so they will vary throughout the pick)

13 hours ago, Beck said:

As everyone else mentioned, it depends what you fall into. The majority of the time you will be on the extra list. However, if there’s a permanent open run at the depot, you may be able to pick it and be assigned to it for the remainder of the pick.

The next bus operator pick starts in April, so if you come out of training before then, you’ll be able to pick your assignment. 

13 hours ago, Beck said:

Most time when you now started is the evening shift.  If you like early mornings you have to be lucky to get that.  My sister started out at LaGuardia Depot about a year and something ago and she was lucky to get more mornings.  They have lots of openings there.  And if you have someone working at any Depot they can look up the schedules/times for a depot you interested in, they can see work for all Depots.

got a court hearing on 2/22/22 for a red light dating back 2018 (four years) because of postponement.  

I’ve decided to plea guilty and pay it off because I don’t want anything pending especially for my upcoming pre-employment appointment.

I hope I did the right thing, by agreeing to a guilty plea. I now have 3 points on my record. =\

Edited by BOO3

3 minutes ago, BOO3 said:

got a court hearing on 2/22/22 for a red light dating back 2018 (four years) because of postponement.  

I’ve decided to plea guilty and paid it off because I don’t want anything pending especially for my upcoming pre-employment appointment.

I hope I did the right thing, by agreeing to a guilty plea. I now have 3 points on my record. =\

Why didn't u please quilty when u got the red light ticket. How would u have fight that if you were wrong from the start and u could taken the defense course to reduce your points. Just saying 

12 minutes ago, Mohamed said:

Why didn't u please quilty when u got the red light ticket. How would u have fight that if you were wrong from the start and u could taken the defense course to reduce your points. Just saying 

MTA wasn’t in my future back in 2018.

And no, I was not wrong from the start. Anyway re-read what I wrote please. 

45 minutes ago, BOO3 said:

I’ve decided to plea guilty and pay it off because I don’t want anything pending especially for my upcoming pre-employment appointment.

I hope I did the right thing, by agreeing to a guilty plea. I now have 3 points on my record. 

This was answer a couple of pages back. But 3 points is ok. 4 and over not good. @BOO3

2 hours ago, BOO3 said:

That could’ve been off your license 2/22/2022.  And how does that ticket associated with points?  Is it the camera flashes you?

4 hours ago, Kennedy said:

That could’ve been off your license 2/22/2022.  And how does that ticket associated with points?  Is it the camera flashes you?

no, got pulled over by police. 4 years later it still bothers me that I got the ticket which I shouldn’t have. 

9 minutes ago, BOO3 said:

no, got pulled over by police. 4 years later it still bothers me that I got the ticket which I shouldn’t have. 

Ok.  Four years later now and you would’ve been good by now.  Hopefully the police officer don’t show up.  But 4 years and still in court 

38 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

Ok.  Four years later now and you would’ve been good by now.  Hopefully the police officer don’t show up.  But 4 years and still in court 

I went online and just paid it off today. So there is no court hearing anymore.

Kennedy or anyone else…

After completing the pre-employment application am I suppose to scan each page and email it? Because that’s what it says to do….

”Your response must be sent to the email address provided no later than the date indicated in the email. Failure to respond will result in your name being removed from the list”. 

1) first off, there was no email address provided to me where I can send  the application to. Would it be to the person that send me the attachments? 

2) there was no date indicated in the email either!

What I do have, however, is that I needed to show up to 180 Livingston at said date with the completed application. And for a drug test, etc…

So confused  right now. Can someone pls clarify? 

Edited by BOO3

22 minutes ago, BOO3 said:

Kennedy or anyone else…

After completing the pre-employment application am I suppose to scan each page and email it? Because that’s what it says to do….

”Your response must be sent to the email address provided no later than the date indicated in the email. Failure to respond will result in your name being removed from the list”. 

1) first off, there was no email address provided to me where I can send  the application to. Would it be to the person that send me the attachments? 

2) there was no date indicated in the email either!

What I do have, however, is that I needed to show up to 180 Livingston at said date with the completed application. And for a drug test, etc…

So confused  right now. Can someone pls clarify? 

Fill out the application. it should be a fillable pdf when you open the link. Fill it out and do a file>save as *whatever file name. reply back to the person who initially sent the email.

13 minutes ago, misslo said:

Fill out the application. it should be a fillable pdf when you open the link. Fill it out and do a file>save as *whatever file name. reply back to the person who initially sent the email.

And print out a copy and take it with you too.  They’ll ask for it when you get there.

10 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

It depends on who you get their attitude, your attitude and if you have it all together. I haven’t had a problem.

I am a little annoyed though right now because for some reason whenever I ask what number they are up to, no one give me a straight answer. I don’t understand why they are keeping this info hostage. I have asked on the phone and in person. They go to the back and whoever is back there won’t give specific info. It’s response like the list just started or oh you are close.