B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

6 hours ago, Andy1 said:

1st how will I know before hand about it...if is the  1st time someone ever ask me that? And 2nd google sleep doctor exam near me. Lol. 😂 the slip says "show it to your doctor." I'm just going with the process. Is annoying yes...

Maybe I wasnt clear.  My question should have been stated as follows. If you are scheduled for the medical and let’s just say you may have some of the risk factors associated with sleep apnea do you think you can avoid the medical hold had if the sleep exam was taken before your medical? I’m asking for myself or if you may have heard of someone doing that. If you don’t know cool. I was not sure if they were doing something new by making you see a sleep doctor that they will refer you to or having you pick one. Which was why I asked. I have one already lined up but thank you for the Google reference. Good luck to you during your process.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Maybe I wasnt clear.  My question should have been stated as follows. If you are scheduled for the medical and let’s just say you may have some of the risk factors associated with sleep apnea do you think you can avoid the medical hold had if the sleep exam was taken before your medical? I’m asking for myself or if you may have heard of someone doing that. If you don’t know cool. I was not sure if they were doing something new by making you see a sleep doctor that they will refer you to or having you pick one. Which was why I asked. I have one already lined up but thank you for the Google reference. Good luck to you during your process.

Yeah. I understand. Look I'm just as frustrated as anyone else with all this process. The waiting, the follow ups. My current job. The drug exams. The not answering the phone... Etc. Basically i went there for a Physical evaluation not knowing that they will trow yet another curb ball. They just doing their job. Honestly though I was one that fell in their "criteria" but even the doc said I migth not even be anything. -_- Maybe you won't fall in their criteria. But I wouldn't go to one just to save time because you need to hear it from them first...because honestly you don't know when they will schedule you to go for 1st day... if you want to save time I will recommend to check your vision or hearing....because you could also be on a "medical hold" for that as well. You never know with this people@Phoenix

Edited by Andy1

32 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

1100.   If you’re MTA Bus you will not be able to pick Grand Ave.

Just passed my medical. Sitting here and waiting at the moment . 

yes it’s MTA bus.

I will be going to stage one of preemployment for exam 1100 on 3/3/22. Wonder why the drug and medical results jist don’t carry over. 

20 minutes ago, BOO3 said:

yes it’s MTA bus.

I will be going to stage one of preemployment for exam 1100 on 3/3/22. Wonder why the drug and medical results jist don’t carry over. 

Ok so you waiting for final processing and get start date, maybe Sunday 

31 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

What would you be able to choose if your MTA Bus? @Kennedy  LaGuardia, Baisley, college point.  Some people did not get get to pick because there was nothing left and the put them all in Baisley.  There’s on 6 bus lines/routes at baisley but I heard it’s in the ghetto and people usually get pumped out too.  

37 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

Ok so you waiting for final processing and get start date, maybe Sunday 

good news, they gave me the class on 2/27 (Sunday). 

However, the problem is I can’t do that date. So they’re putting me in for the March class. 

Waiting to re-do my drug test now. 

I hope by postponing my training I won’t be forfeiting my chances of getting hired. It bothers me that it’s not in writing. Just worried when March comes I’d be denied a spot. =\

10 minutes ago, BOO3 said:

However, the problem is I can’t do that date. So they’re putting me in for the March class. 

I hope by postponing my training I won’t be forfeiting my chances of getting hired. It bothers me that it’s not in writing. Just worried when March comes I’d be denied a spot. =\

@BOO3. Did you get in for exam 2302?

I need to clear "Medical Hold" before training.  What if I can't complete it untill next month? one doc said untill next month for an appointment and about a week or 2 for results.. What should I do? I was scheduled for the 27 of this month but never received an address it just says you are "being considered" I don't think I'll make it on time with this sleep study. basibasically just wait untill I clear this.

3 hours ago, BOO3 said:

yes it’s MTA bus.

You did medical before?   Or you switching?   Drug test last for 30 days only, medical last for 90 days.

2 hours ago, BOO3 said:

Only thing is everyone that starting 02/27 will have seniority ahead of you.  And it’s very hard to get back to the people at 180.

5 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

You did medical before?   Or you switching?   Drug test last for 30 days only, medical last for 90 days.

correction:  medical lasts 90 days , drug 30 days. 

to make a long story short I decided to accept the offer for 2/27/22

See u all at Zerega. 

13 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

Today was my first day for medical for exam 2302. I passed it and then was given a start date for 2/27. Meanwhile I also got a notice for exam 1100 asking me to come in for a drug  test (which I already did for exam 2302). 

i guess I have to do everything over? Because I want MABSTOA…

34 minutes ago, BOO3 said:

Today was my first day for medical for exam 2302. I passed it and then was given a start date for 2/27. Meanwhile I also got a notice for exam 1100 asking me to come in for a drug  test (which I already did for exam 2302). 

i guess I have to do everything over? Because I want MABSTOA…

Yes take MABSTOA.  You have many more options and the benefits are much greater than MTA Bus.  At least you wouldn’t have to switch.

36 minutes ago, lornaevo said:

Drug Test is good for 90 days 

No it’s not.  I did 3 drug test before I actually finished my process.  It expires in 30 days.  The medical is 90.  I had to plea with them to get me in a class because I did not want my medical to expire after being on medical hold, run back and forth with my doctors etc.  so I know what I’m talking about.

19 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

No it’s not.  I did 3 drug test before I actually finished my process.  It expires in 30 days.  The medical is 90.  I had to plea with them to get me in a class because I did not want my medical to expire after being on medical hold, run back and forth with my doctors etc.  so I know what I’m talking about.

According to the MTA official testing policy it’s 90 days. 

http://web.mta.info/mta/news/books/docs/151214_0830_Governance_Exhibit.pdf

Edited by lornaevo
Spelling.