B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

1 minute ago, Beck said:

Where you able to get it right away or did they have to mail it to you?

They printed it out right there in person. The form of payment is a money order. Make sure you make an appointment in your zip code. They are sticklers about that. 

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Phoenix said:

I am a little annoyed though right now because for some reason whenever I ask what number they are up to, no one give me a straight answer. I don’t understand why they are keeping this info hostage. I have asked on the phone and in person. They go to the back and whoever is back there won’t give specific info. It’s response like the list just started or oh you are close.

I figured it depends on who you get.  Or maybe they’re refrain from telling people so it wouldn’t be an issue because they’re skipping some people, you got to be like like a leach too.

23 hours ago, BOO3 said:

Kennedy or anyone else…

After completing the pre-employment application am I suppose to scan each page and email it? Because that’s what it says to do….

”Your response must be sent to the email address provided no later than the date indicated in the email. Failure to respond will result in your name being removed from the list”. 

1) first off, there was no email address provided to me where I can send  the application to. Would it be to the person that send me the attachments? 

2) there was no date indicated in the email either!

What I do have, however, is that I needed to show up to 180 Livingston at said date with the completed application. And for a drug test, etc…

So confused  right now. Can someone pls clarify? 

Sorry I was busy with training today.  Hope you got everything ready.

Guys. Please dont go down there and bother them with silly questions about list number(THEY KNOW THEYLL FIND IT BEFORE YOU REACH ZEREGA). As someone who has been the process and know what it's like. ( no im not a bus operator as yet)

Fill out the application properly. (fillable pdf).

If you are going to write the application use blue ink. it says blue or black but i used blue. especially when youre filling out the "pension form"

GATHER YOUR PASSPORT, SS CARD, CDL OR CDL PERMIT. AND DL AND POSTAL MO 0F $88.25 (FEE IS $1.45)$89.70 DEBIT OR CASH(EXACT CHANGE) PLEASE TO LEAVE BLANK.  AND ALWAYS CARRY YOUR APPLICATION FOR EACH TIME THEY CALL YOU IN. (THEY LOSE PAPERS ALL THE TIME). SHOULD BE IN A FOLDER SO YOU DONT LOSE IT.

ONLY PEOPLE WHO MAY HAVE A HINDERANCE  ARE THE PEOPLE WITH TRAFFIC TICKETS /POINTS AND OR MEDICAL ISSUES. OR THOSE WHO CANT READ AND COMPREHEND :(

30 minutes ago, misslo said:

Guys. Please dont go down there and bother them with silly questions about list number(THEY KNOW THEYLL FIND IT BEFORE YOU REACH ZEREGA). As someone who has been the process and know what it's like. ( no im not a bus operator as yet)

If you are going to write the application use blue ink. it says blue or black but i used blue. especially when youre filling out the "pension form"

GATHER YOUR PASSPORT, SS CARD, CDL OR CDL PERMIT. AND DL AND POSTAL MO 0F $88.25 (FEE IS $1.45)$89.70 DEBIT OR CASH(EXACT CHANGE) PLEASE TO LEAVE BLANK.  AND ALWAYS CARRY YOUR APPLICATION FOR EACH TIME THEY CALL YOU IN. (THEY LOSE PAPERS ALL THE TIME). SHOULD BE IN A FOLDER SO YOU DONT LOSE IT.

ONLY PEOPLE WHO MAY HAVE A HINDERANCE  ARE THE PEOPLE WITH TRAFFIC TICKETS /POINTS AND OR MEDICAL ISSUES. OR THOSE WHO CANT READ AND COMPREHEND :(

Why would that be silly if your number could have been passed ? Kennedy friend asked and found out their number was passed. So these things happen. Had they not have asked he would have been waiting more longer than if the question wasn’t asked. In any event appreciate the additional information you provided.

3 hours ago, misslo said:

sorry but what does  “DL”  and postal money order mean?

I guess I’ll just give them 90.00 even and call it even. Is that okay? 

Edited by BOO3

8 hours ago, BOO3 said:

DL is Drivers License. Misslo is saying when you purchase a money order it can only be purchased at the Unites States Post Office (any one of them) for 88.25. At the post office they will charge you a fee of $1.45. So when you go be prepared to spend 89.70 at the Post Office. Then bring that money order in when it time to Transit.

13 hours ago, BOO3 said:

MTA Bus you don’t need money order.  Only OA/TA.  My friend was MTA Bus and did not had to get money order.  Me on the other hand had too.  We both in training right now.  So more info. Is better.

1 hour ago, Kennedy said:

MTA Bus you don’t need money order.  Only OA/TA.  My friend was MTA Bus and did not had to get money order.  Me on the other hand had too.  We both in training right now.  So more info. Is better.

@Kennedy how is training? After training there goes your weekends? And what do they tell you about schedule? 

30 minutes ago, BOO3 said:

one last question fellas,

How is the parking situation like there at 180 Livingston? If there are no public street parking are there private lots? (will be there at 630am)

If you can take the train do so.  Parking lots I heard is about $30 per day.  

22 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Why would that be silly if your number could have been passed ? Kennedy friend asked and found out their number was passed. So these things happen. Had they not have asked he would have been waiting more longer than if the question wasn’t asked. In any event appreciate the additional information you provided.

Did not mean to come off as dismissive. But maybe it was  just my luck at the time. I took 1100 in november dont know my test score and dont know my list number but ill be there feb 18 at 180 bright and early also i am not listing all those jobs i had as a stint, due to my fickle employment history. I was unemployed every other year and also im an immigrant.  *steeple fingers*

11 hours ago, Phoenix said:

DL is Drivers License. Misslo is saying when you purchase a money order it can only be purchased at the Unites States Post Office (any one of them) for 88.25. At the post office they will charge you a fee of $1.45. So when you go be prepared to spend 89.70 at the Post Office. Then bring that money order in when it time to Transit.

Yes.

1 hour ago, BOO3 said:

one last question fellas,

How is the parking situation like there at 180 Livingston? If there are no public street parking are there private lots? (will be there at 630am)

Parking is horrible in this area. Go with public transportation @BOO3 or park in the Parking areas early bird special if you got no other choice. 

18 hours ago, BOO3 said:

I have two accidents on my record! I’m getting disqualified aren’t I? 

1) first accident in 25 years , cosmetic damage to my car only. $300.00 to fix.
2) school bus (CDL) accident , company investigated it and was not at fault. 

It depends when you had the accidents.  If it’s over 18 months then you’re good.  If not you’ll just have to wait.

26 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

Hip hip hooray.  I was qualified today on day 7.  Such a relief.

Did you take a road test or a written test ? @Kennedycongrats. I got a called today to scheduled training i told them i need 2 weeks notice with my job because is not a pick and go job. So he said I will get a reschedule and wait for my next email. I'm glad they called but I got a lot on my shoulder so I will wait for that email. 💪Congrats Kennedy 👏 

36 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

It depends when you had the accidents.  If it’s over 18 months then you’re good.  If not you’ll just have to wait.

One year ago with the Bus. So it isn’t a automatic disqualification?!

if it’s a 6 month wait…I can do that! **prays** that’s the case tho….

Edited by BOO3