Transit cleaner position

HardWorkin

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/18/2022 at 10:41 AM, Nick2000 said:

Anyone that took the english assessment for cleaners, can you tell me your experience and what did they ask and what did you press and the instructions included with it.

Yes i went in for drug test and also for medical and for the English assessment they give you an instruction paper to dial a phone number and put you in a booth with a phone to answer questions and once you dial the number there will be an operator asking questions like what the weather like and how you handle situations. It just testing your English skills.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2022 at 4:47 PM, Raffy said:

Yes i went in for drug test and also for medical and for the English assessment they give you an instruction paper to dial a phone number and put you in a booth with a phone to answer questions and once you dial the number there will be an operator asking questions like what the weather like and how you handle situations. It just testing your English skills.

Did you start training yet?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2023 at 12:07 PM, Mohamed said:

What's going one everyone, any latest info on the last list number to be called. 

Thank you

If I'm not mistaken, someone in the 6000s recently had an appointment in Dec. So they're moving pretty quick down the list. Mines is 9XXX so there's a possibility I may have a shot at the position sometime this year. God willin.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 6:46 PM, Mark R said:

I mark  R wanna work for transit cleaner my dream job looking to get in the field asap...

thats not how this works, bud.  Did you apply for the position? Also I dont recommend giving your # out on a public forum

Edited by +Young+
Removed cell phone number

On 2/6/2023 at 8:20 PM, 2ride said:

I think he can message @+Young+ he should be able to remove the post.

Done.

On 2/6/2023 at 6:46 PM, Mark R said:

I mark  R wanna work for transit cleaner my dream job looking to get in the field asap...

Unfortunately, this is not how this works. As an example outside of Transit and/or the MTA, back in 2018, I took the Motor Vehicle Operator exam for DCAS. If you click here and type in either exam number, as of this typing, you will see that none of these lists are established.

Good luck @Mark R!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, randomme said:

hey everybody, i applied for this position last year. my random number is at around 34XXX, im pretty sure im looking at around 2 more years to get called right? or should i just forget about it and focus on the station agent exam?

if say focus on station agent and file for the upcoming conductor exam

12 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

if say focus on station agent and file for the upcoming conductor exam

thanks, ive read around and people have said to be considered to be a station agent you have to score a perfect 100, is this true?

would you happen to know if there will be a sanitation exam any time soon?  

8 minutes ago, randomme said:

thanks, ive read around and people have said to be considered to be a station agent you have to score a perfect 100, is this true?

would you happen to know if there will be a sanitation exam any time soon?  

as with any open competitive exam the higher you score the better your chances

They just had a sanitation exam a few months ago there probably wont be one for a while

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...