C/R Exam # 4600 (Open-Competitive)

NJMike73

On 3/28/2024 at 12:35 PM, 2ride said:

When you’re working as a conductor, will management time you how long it takes you to finish an assignment? Or just finish whatever you can?

Need to get out of the retail mindset because that is nowhere near what the job is like. 

the lines assignments are broken up into pre-set jobs. These jobs all have pre-assigned trips. Those are your trips to do and that’s what you’re going to do unless something has gone wrong.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Kamen Rider said:

Need to get out of the retail mindset because that is nowhere near what the job is like. 

the lines assignments are broken up into pre-set jobs. These jobs all have pre-assigned trips. Those are your trips to do and that’s what you’re going to do unless something has gone wrong.

When did I say it was like retail?

Second, retail jobs don’t work like that.

Edited by 2ride

29 minutes ago, 2ride said:

Second, retail jobs don’t work like that.

You asked about “completing assignments” and “getting done what can be got done”…

Let’s call it a “business” mindset then. Ether way, we don’t operate anywhere near that in transit.

55 minutes ago, Kamen Rider said:

You asked about “completing assignments” and “getting done what can be got done”…

Let’s call it a “business” mindset then. Ether way, we don’t operate anywhere near that in transit.

No need for you to bring up anything about retail. I don’t know where that came from.

9 minutes ago, Kamen Rider said:

Because the questions you asked are how retailer jobs tend to operate…

Ok, let’s be fair… how many retail jobs have you had? You need enough experience to know what you’re talking about.

On 4/1/2024 at 2:21 PM, 2ride said:

On 4/1/2024 at 3:48 PM, 2ride said:

No need for you to bring up anything about retail. I don’t know where that came from.

22 hours ago, 2ride said:

Ok, let’s be fair… how many retail jobs have you had? You need enough experience to know what you’re talking about.

As per the guidelines of the Forums, if we can please stay "on-topic," it would be truly appreciated. If this conversation continues, regardless of where the word "retail" came from, disciplinary action will be coming, respectively.

Thank you.

Just now, +Young+ said:

As per the guidelines of the Forums, if we can please stay "on-topic," it would be truly appreciated. If this conversation continues, regardless of where the word "retail" came from, disciplinary action will be coming, respectively.

Thank you.

But why me though and not other people too? I NEVER instigated that word from the beginning. Maybe you might wanna take a look page back, Young.

On 4/1/2024 at 1:41 PM, Kamen Rider said:

@+Young+ who started it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2024 at 12:35 PM, 2ride said:

When you’re working as a conductor, will management time you how long it takes you to finish an assignment? Or just finish whatever you can?

finish what ever you can as a conductor, its your job to complete your trips and open and close the doors at every stop

5 minutes ago, subway4832 said:

I got the text of the date and time of the exam, still no email or admission letter yet though, should the text be good enough to take the exam?

You can bring the text that you have on your phone and a government issued id. 

12 minutes ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

I just finished up. If you have common sense you shouldn’t have no problem. This career is memorizing rules and what you was trained. 

How hard was the test?

1 hour ago, Blitzer120 said:

do we have to bring wooden pencils, or can we also bring mechanical pencils

They have #2 pencils if you forget; as apparently some people didn’t read the whole letter. You can bring your phone but it must be turned off prior to entering the building. The test is not hard, comprehension mostly.

7 minutes ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

They have #2 pencils if you forget; as apparently some people didn’t read the whole letter. You can bring your phone but it must be turned off prior to entering the building. The test is not hard, comprehension mostly.

How would it feel like going in to take this test without taking practice test first?