I got persecuted

NYtransit

today @ 42nd street when i was taking a photo of the (C) train,a cop came by today,and told me that "let me see your camera" so he saw photos of me inside a R160 (E) and video of a r160(E) and me goind to far rockaway on (A) train,so then he tells me, "you now this is illegel?" i was like "how is this illegel? in the MTA rule book it says it is permitted,as long there is no addons." he was like "thats only if your taking a photo of your self or your family in the subway" and then i said "i seen alot of other people do it" so he was like "well maybe they werent with a cop" so then i got pissed because,you guys all now it is not illegal to do such a thing. so then he tells me "delete these photos" and my brain was shot down because i had alot of great video and pictures,so then i deleted SOME of them,but i deleted the R160(E) videos! so then he asks me "are you a muslim?" so i say in my head (are you serious! this can get arrested him self for saying that!) "no" i ansswerd,so then he leaves and some photos were left,i wish i recorded him saying that so he can be the one who gets in trouble. oh ya! and he also told me "well today wasnt really a good day to take photos". and guys,do you now that part of the MTA section rule book where it talks about talking photos and videos? so if this happends again,i can show then the part where it is legal thanks +

do you mind if you show the page in the rule book that says that? thanks

http://www.mta.info/nyct/rules/rules.htm

Photo Part: http://www.mta.info/nyct/rules/rules.htm#restricted

here

PRINT IT OUT! And take it when ever you take picturess

I take it, once I got stopped by some middle east a hole and he told me its illegal, on the (A) at 207, so I SHOULD HIM! I took my rules out and he just stfu lol

@Section 1050.9= C

# Photography, filming or video recording in any facility or conveyance* is permitted except that ancillary equipment such as lights, reflectors or tripods may not be used. Members of the press holding valid identification issued by the New York City Police Department are hereby authorized to use necessary ancillary equipment. All photographic activity must be conducted in accordance with the provisions of this Part.

Once you show them they will release that u can get them fired from there job mate..

Carry it around and i mean it! I also was stuoid one day at West Farms Depo when a work claimed me a terrorist for taking shots and saying crap that he will call the cops, i didnt had the rules at that time. IM NOT A TERRORIST!!~~

GOD BLESS the NYPD/TA workers who know the rules :P

BTW PRINT THE ENTIRE RULE, and grab a pen and circle the pare of the Photo part so u can find it easy. INCLUDING the (MTA) Header, URL , TIme and date of printed Just in case they wont think you wrote it~

*conveyance= You can take shots in or out of the Subway car~

Now dont try this on the PA side, owner of PATH , now they dont allow it, do to past threats of attacks

http://www.mta.info/nyct/rules/rules.htm

Photo Part: http://www.mta.info/nyct/rules/rules.htm#restricted

here

PRINT IT OUT! And take it when ever you take picturess

I take it, once I got stopped by some middle east a hole and he told me its illegal, on the (A) at 207, so I SHOULD HIM! I took my rules out and he just stfu lol

Once you show them they will release that u can get them fired from there job mate..

Carry it around and i mean it! I also was stuoid one day at West Farms Depo when a work claimed me a terrorist for taking shots and saying crap that he will call the cops, i didnt had the rules at that time. IM NOT A TERRORIST!!~~

GOD BLESS the NYPD/TA workers who know the rules :P

BTW PRINT THE ENTIRE RULE, and grab a pen and circle the pare of the Photo part so u can find it easy. INCLUDING the (MTA) Header, URL , TIme and date of printed Just in case they wont think you wrote it~

*conveyance= You can take shots in or out of the Subway car~

Now dont try this on the PA side, owner of PATH , now they dont allow it, do to past threats of attacks

well i only printed the the header (MTA rules of conduct) with the links ex: Authorization and Purpose Disorderly Conduct

Definitions Weapons and Other Dangerous Instruments

Construction. and i also printed out only section 1050.8 and 1050.9 hopefully this time cops will lay off me.and at the end it shows the link to the laws.

well i only printed the the header (MTA rules of conduct) with the links ex: Authorization and Purpose Disorderly Conduct

Definitions Weapons and Other Dangerous Instruments

Construction. and i also printed out only section 1050.8 and 1050.9 hopefully this time cops will lay off me.and at the end it shows the link to the laws.

it would have been better to print out the entire (MTA) Conduct even if its 10-12 Pages, just use black and white ink..

But i guess thats fine

That's really low for the cop to say something racist like that, but what can you blame him for, most of the personnel and cops don't know the rules that specify photography on (MTA) property, so always have the rules with you.

Not to be **** but prosecuted implies that you actually got arrested.

Anyway, I'm sorry this happened. The cop was a bigot. Once, a cop noticed I was on the platform for an unusually long time (I was photographing the F running via 53rd). Before he could approach me I hid the camera. I lied to him and said I was lost. The best thing to do is to agree with everything the cop says and play dumb. If you get excited you'll get arrested.

Not to be **** but prosecuted implies that you actually got arrested.

Anyway, I'm sorry this happened. The cop was a bigot. Once, a cop noticed I was on the platform for an unusually long time (I was photographing the F running via 53rd). Before he could approach me I hid the camera. I lied to him and said I was lost. The best thing to do is to agree with everything the cop says and play dumb. If you get excited you'll get arrested.

Yeah, prosecuted means you're charged, and locked up.

I was at Times Square on the shuttle platform, trying to tape the IRT 7th Avenue lines from where I was standing, I got stopped by a plainclothes officer. I'm like "who the hell are you?" He shows me a badge, so yeah, he was like "are you a railfanner?" And I'm like, "yeah" and he told me "next time, say so, otherwise you'll get into trouble with other police officers etc.." The guy was understanding though.

Always carry the MTA rules when railfanning and taking pictures. If a cop stops you and says take taking photos of the NYC Subway is illegal, calmly and gently pull out the MTA rules and show them to the Police Officer. If the Police Officer still is harassing you asking you to leave or delete the pictures, do what the Police Officer asks for. While he can't arrest you for photography, he can arrest you for disobeying a police officer and disorderly conduct. Simply write down the Police Officer's badge number and last name. If possible, ask for his Precinct as well. Using this information listed here, http://www.nyc.gov/html/ccrb/html/contact.html file a complaint against the Police Officer, either online, in person or via mail.

Always carry the MTA rules when railfanning and taking pictures. If a cop stops you and says take taking photos of the NYC Subway is illegal, calmly and gently pull out the MTA rules and show them to the Police Officer. If the Police Officer still is harassing you asking you to leave or delete the pictures, do what the Police Officer asks for. While he can't arrest you for photography, he can arrest you for disobeying a police officer and disorderly conduct. Simply write down the Police Officer's badge number and last name. If possible, ask for his Precinct as well. Using this information listed here, http://www.nyc.gov/html/ccrb/html/contact.html file a complaint against the Police Officer, either online, in person or via mail.

Thanks for the information!

Now this cop is full ridiculousness, a racist midget!!!

I almost got caught too on a (1) train... These people MUST go online to get the point that it is PERMITTED!

I was really confused, I told that conducter that it is PERMITTED and she said it must be a typo!

Luckily, I ran to the driver car to escape this person who almost threatened to take away my Camera!

I haven't got any photos and videos deleted fortunatly... I'll print that out to get them a good shake up...

whoa,take away camera? now that should get THEM in trouble

Archived