I got persecuted

NYtransit

he told me "im giving you a chance to delete this photos so you dont get in trouble"

yeah that sounds like a PA Police officer the way the NYPD acts..

What the MTA and city shoould be doing is INFORMING ALL WORKERS TO READ THE DAMN RULES!!

I would put photography on top of every rule

Or at least make a Glance and put the top ten rules or sumin, seeing that some aholes are f***ing lazy to read the entire conduct~~

yeah that sounds like a PA Police officer the way the NYPD acts..

What the MTA and city shoould be doing is INFORMING ALL WORKERS TO READ THE DAMN RULES!!

I would put photography on top of every rule

Or at least make a Glance and put the top ten rules or sumin, seeing that some aholes are f***ing lazy to read the entire conduct~~

PA is PATH NJT right?

Wow man, ******* wow. Maybe he was just some n00bie cop on the job trying to make it look like he was actually doing something. I was called over to a cop once for taking pictures but he didn't make me do anything with the photos or ask any other question. He just asked me what I was doing and that was it.

I think that guy just went too far asking if you were Muslim or anything.

Copy the rules, and highlight the important lines, that says it is legal to take pics. As for a MTA employee taking your stuff, they can't take personal property of others. Some act big, but we have many who break the rules, pertaining to doing their job, so don't expect them to know the photograph rules. NO MTA Personnel (except MTA P.D.), can take your stuff. I know some of you are young and can be intimidated by these types of personnel........

Wow man, ******* wow. Maybe he was just some n00bie cop on the job trying to make it look like he was actually doing something. I was called over to a cop once for taking pictures but he didn't make me do anything with the photos or ask any other question. He just asked me what I was doing and that was it.

I think that guy just went too far asking if you were Muslim or anything.

The religion question was absolutely ridiculous. According to him, the cop ask that question about being Moslem, and when the response was in the negative, the cop left him alone. That is just ridiculous.

The religion question was absolutely ridiculous. According to him, the cop ask that question about being Moslem, and when the response was in the negative, the cop left him alone. That is just ridiculous.

That worries me while I'm not muslim or arabian, I have dark skin and I hope I don't get "racially profiled" by the police when I film.

i got hassled by an MTA worker but I think he was more a disgruntle worker.. I was at the last stop on the (N) line... I have the photo someplace and his back was showing in the photo with the train leaving..

also the day I forgot to bring that MTA letter in my bag..

I have done some crazy shots in the stations.. more or less I don't really care because i'm not doing anything wrong but on the platforms I have gotten down on my knees to get a shot I wanted.

today @ 42nd street when i was taking a photo of the (C) train,a cop came by today,and told me that "let me see your camera" so he saw photos of me inside a R160 (E) and video of a r160(E) and me goind to far rockaway on (A) train,so then he tells me, "you now this is illegel?" i was like "how is this illegel? in the MTA rule book it says it is permitted,as long there is no addons." he was like "thats only if your taking a photo of your self or your family in the subway" and then i said "i seen alot of other people do it" so he was like "well maybe they werent with a cop" so then i got pissed because,you guys all now it is not illegal to do such a thing. so then he tells me "delete these photos" and my brain was shot down because i had alot of great video and pictures,so then i deleted SOME of them,but i deleted the R160(E) videos! so then he asks me "are you a muslim?" so i say in my head (are you serious! this can get arrested him self for saying that!) "no" i ansswerd,so then he leaves and some photos were left,i wish i recorded him saying that so he can be the one who gets in trouble. oh ya! and he also told me "well today wasnt really a good day to take photos". and guys,do you now that part of the MTA section rule book where it talks about talking photos and videos? so if this happends again,i can show then the part where it is legal thanks +

You should never, NEVER, never, delete anything off your camera, even if a police officer tell you too. Never. It's your property. It is illegal for him to force you to do that.

First off sorry to hear you went through all of that but I guess it comes with the hobby. I'm absolutely appalled by this cops questioning especially asking if you were muslim. I would have definitely lost my temper especially since I am muslim. I'm curious what this guy would have done if you said yes. Did you get the badge number and name? I'd lodge a complaint immediately. If this happens be sure to get badge numbers and names.

You should never, NEVER, never, delete anything off your camera, even if a police officer tell you too. Never. It's your property. It is illegal for him to force you to do that.
Illegal? Care to show the law that says so? I doubt there is a law about it.

<4>

First off sorry to hear you went through all of that but I guess it comes with the hobby. I'm absolutely appalled by this cops questioning especially asking if you were muslim. I would have definitely lost my temper especially since I am muslim. I'm curious what this guy would have done if you said yes. Did you get the badge number and name? I'd lodge a complaint immediately. If this happens be sure to get badge numbers and names.

well to be honest im also muslim,but i now if i told him yes,he would have gone crazy

Illegal? Care to show the law that says so? I doubt there is a law about it.

You can't be serious. It's YOUR property. Show me a law that says it is legal for one person to destroy another person's property against their wishes?

http://www.krages.com/phoright.htm

Law enforcement officers

may have the authority to seize film

when making an arrest but otherwise

must obtain a court order.

I will try to find additional references, but that is basically saying that police MAY be allowed to confiscate your camera and/or memory card when making an arrest, but they can not DELETE your photos at any time.

I mean seriously, if the police could force you to destroy your own property, wouldn't that make a lot of people mad??

That cop did go to far and yes you have the right to get the officers Name and Badge Number but I think you did the right thing by playing it cool. The whole picture taking thing is a gray area the MTA website say its legal but the terrorism training given to ALL (MTA) personal say report it. I can't go into details but if your taking a picture of my train I am suppose to call it in and let Police handle the situation the Employee isn't suppose to challege you. Alot of us have common sence see railfans and let it go while others look at this as a incident to make themselfs look important. I have yet to report a person taking Photo's because in most cases I know who the railfans are. You may not know me and I may not know your handle but I remember the faces from all those fantrips and the fact I worked every line in the systerm.

Archived