E on W action!

Qns Blvd Dom

Nice.

Let me guess. This is (E) Late Night GO that send all (E) to run via R line bet. Queensboro Plaza and Whitehall St, right?

Thanks! :P

Yes it is from that G.O. where the E go's down the R line from Queens Plaza to Whitehall St. It says Canal St on the posters however from some sources that I know it's really Whitehall St. That G.O. starts like around a little after 11:30 PM as I have seen a E going s/b along Broadway at like 11:55 PM by 28 St recently.

Nice Catch Man! Whats weird is that, it announces 'Via the (W) Line', you would think the (R) would have more seniority over there, than the (W)..?

Thanks! :P

You are Not Alone in that department! I was wondering the same thing when I heard it. The Good News is that nobody was confused when the train came into stations when the was announcement was playing. The C/R did make some manual announcements from time to time like @ Times Square and Lexington/59

I'm still new to some subway slang, but what is "G.O"?

General Operations?

General Overview?

G/O= General Order= Also known as Detour

GOH= General Overhall [The Time when the R26 trough 46 were being remade and fixed up 1983 to 1992 i think]

SMS= Scheduled Maintenance Service = Similar to GOH, but car ends are repainted, HVAC replaced and a few other crap lol

"R" for example on R142 = Revenue Train

Line Up= Signal Clear in the tracks [used by T/Os and C/Rs]

Wrap up? I forgot, sum1 tell me!!

T/O = Train Operator

B/O = Bus Operator

S/A = Station Agent

C/R = ConductoR

NYCT= New York City Transit [bUS/Train]

MaBSTOA= Manhattan and Bronx Surface Transit Operating Authority [bus in Bronx/Manhattan]

NJT = New Jersey Transit

PATH = Port Authority Trans- Hudson

MNR(Or MNRR) = Metro North Rail Road

LIRR = Long Island Rail Road

just in case others too dunno =)~

btw nice catch, although it WOULD be better to say (R) , i think it says (W) since it runs like a (W) terminating in lower manhattan

Thanks! B)

You are Not Alone in that department! I was wondering the same thing when I heard it. The Good News is that nobody was confused when the train came into stations when the was announcement was playing. The C/R did make some manual announcements from time to time like @ Times Square and Lexington/59

ur right. it should say "(E) train via the (R) line". the (W) doesnt run via Queens Blvd.

Yeah I was thinking that too, since the (R) already runs along Queens Blvd. Why confuse people?? lol

ur right. it should say "(E) train via the (R) line". the (W) doesnt run via Queens Blvd.

I agree with the both of you on that 1! However I did not hear anybody asking (well at least in my car when I rode it) asking if it was going to Astoria!

I'm going to admit, it's strange seeing an (E) train going on BMT Broadway.

I agree! I almost thought it was a N train when it was coming

What's more strange is that the R160A (E) train is going on the "(W)" line? Yeah I agree, it should be via the (R), since it goes with the (R) and not with the (W).

It should have said, "This is Whitehall St-bound (E) train via (R) line or Queens-bound (E) via (R) line.

If MTA cuts W, and if (E) still says via (W), it would confuse lots of people.

That can confuse people however like I said somewhere else that there was no confusion along people when they heard it and thankfuly there was nobody in my car that was in need for Astoria.

(E) via BMT Broadway.

Reminds me of the (N). B)

Nice catch anyways.

Thanks! :)

The (E) finally crossed into BMT territory (lolz)

LoL! That G.O. happens from time to time on the late nights and in the event of a emergency as well.

It should have said, "This is Whitehall St-bound (E) train via (R) line or Queens-bound (E) via (R) line.

If MTA cuts W, and if (E) still says via (W), it would confuse lots of people.

Now that would be something that would make me laugh to the FLOOR when the W if it ever go's bye bye!!

I agree with the both of you on that 1! However I did not hear anybody asking (well at least in my car when I rode it) asking if it was going to Astoria!

I'm going to admit, it's strange seeing an (E) train going on BMT Broadway. What's more strange is that the R160A (E) train is going on the "(W)" line? Yeah I agree, it should be via the (R), since it goes with the (R) and not with the (W).

Think about it for a moment or two.....if the (E) is running via 60 Street/Broadway and its terminating @ Whitehall Street.....it does make sense why it say this is a "Queens bound (E) via the (W) line" or this is a "Whitehall Street bound (E) train via the (W) line" since the (W) runs to Whitehall Street during the weekdays!

Archived