Artics at MTA Bus

nycbusfan

There's only 1 route I hope they dont put the artics on, thats the Q41 lol. They have extremely tight turns along 127th street. I lived there for 5 years and their turns would get artics suck inbetween the streets. I'd like to see them on the Q10, too many O5s and O7s at airports, we need artics at the airports!!!

I agree with the airport comment, but actually the artics can hit corners better that 40 footers.

I agree with the airport comment, but actually the artics can hit corners better that 40 footers.

Your pretty right.

In Union City, NJ, them NJT artics do pretty well on most turns, and better and faster than a 40 footer would.

Your pretty right.

In Union City, NJ, them NJT artics do pretty well on most turns, and better and faster than a 40 footer would.

Thats because instead of 1- 40 foot bus, an artic is really 2-30 foot buses back to back. The rear bus follows the front.

Let us get something right here, artics are better for turning on some turns. 40fts can be better on others. With the rear wheel drive (aka pusher types) you have to turn those bad boys just like a 40ft bus. You do not use the accordion as the point to start turning on tight right or left turns. You use the rear door. That is why there is so much damage around the rear door. You clear the accordion, you don't clear the rear door. You clear the rear door, you clear the bus. The turn from White Plains Road onto Nereid Ave/238st, is a place to see this. The rear of these types of buses do encroach onto objects. It's the pulley types that have the turnable rear wheels that can make the tightest turns, as the back swings away from the object. The problem with these is they have alot of tail swing.

Any idea of which depots would get them?

Are they doing any O7 training at KB yet?

No O7 training in KB yet. The union said new buses are on the way, so that means Manhattan will probably get the new buses, and we will get Manhattan's junk. Even maintenance is fed up with getting garbage from other depots. They are so busy fixing the trash that came from STI this year, that the artics are breaking down. I broke down a two weeks ago, and two did Sunday and Monday.

How about some MAN (a Munich manufacturer) Lion's City 60ft low-floor artics for the NYCTA? :D:)

I think they'd look pretty cool on the streets of New York:

http://touringcarteamov.fotopic.net/p45457378.html

and here: http://touringcarteamov.fotopic.net/p45457324.html

(Pictures not taken by me)

How about an artic from Orion's European sister: Citaro G

wall1_800.d3d3Lm1lcmNlZGVzLWJlbnouY28udWs~-VGhlIENpdGFybyBHLiBCaWcgZmlndXJlIGluIHJlZ3VsYXIgc2VydmljZQ~~-object-Single-WALLP.jpg

wall3_1024.d3d3Lm1lcmNlZGVzLWJlbnouY28udWs~-VGhlIENpdGFybyBHLiBCaWcgZmlndXJlIGluIHJlZ3VsYXIgc2VydmljZQ~~-object-Single-WALLP.jpg

wall4_800.d3d3Lm1lcmNlZGVzLWJlbnouY28udWs~-VGhlIENpdGFybyBHLiBCaWcgZmlndXJlIGluIHJlZ3VsYXIgc2VydmljZQ~~-object-Single-WALLP.jpg

wall5_800.d3d3Lm1lcmNlZGVzLWJlbnouY28udWs~-VGhlIENpdGFybyBHLiBCaWcgZmlndXJlIGluIHJlZ3VsYXIgc2VydmljZQ~~-object-Single-WALLP.jpg

Don't know why Daimler/Benz hasn't done it already. Just stupid, especially when you have the MTA at your doorstep asking for buses already.......

No O7 training in KB yet. The union said new buses are on the way, so that means Manhattan will probably get the new buses, and we will get Manhattan's junk. Even maintenance is fed up with getting garbage from other depots. They are so busy fixing the trash that came from STI this year, that the artics are breaking down. I broke down a two weeks ago, and two did Sunday and Monday.

How about an artic from Orion's European sister: Citaro G

Don't know why Daimler/Benz hasn't done it already. Just stupid, especially when you have the MTA at your doorstep asking for buses already.......

Think the Benz could handle NYC streets? It certainly would look noce though!

What they should do with the new mystery Artics is this:

5770-5779 - 100 St

5780-5799 - 126 St

5800-5819 - MJQ

5820-5851 - KB

Send 1000-1069 from 100 & 126 Sts to MTA bus, and replace with some buses from MJQ and KB

Think the Benz could handle NYC streets? It certainly would look noce though!

What they should do with the new mystery Artics is this:

5770-5779 - 100 St

5780-5799 - 126 St

5800-5819 - MJQ

5820-5851 - KB

Send 1000-1069 from 100 & 126 Sts to MTA bus, and replace with some buses from MJQ and KB

RFnew_Queen_introduction.jpg

The Queen mum says, "Sure it can.....It's a Merceeedeees"

Besides it's the articulated version of the Citaro, which is the sister bus of the Orion VII NG.

• 2 weeks later...
I think the Nova LFS is ugly!
I kind of like those bug eyes... Ohh wait, I LOVE THEM! MTA should order these right now IMO, then again it will just be another 40ft bus.

They should order the LFS artics that I seen pictures of in Canada.

I kind of like those bug eyes... Ohh wait, I LOVE THEM! MTA should order these right now IMO, then again it will just be another 40ft bus.

They should order the LFS artics that I seen pictures of in Canada.

Yeah, and it's gonna be just my luck the new artics are the LFS! BASURA!!!

Well,I don't Know the situation of NYC,but here,i see often mercedes citaro in my city and everyday in Bologna city that I'm studying.. Interiors were very small,and it's very difficolut to go out when there are a lot of people,Milan is testing a new type of vehicles called mercedes citaro capacity,4 axle...not bad design :)

4833_1.jpg

013380.1-lg.jpg

Citaro or MB O530 in Europe is an old type of bus,the restyling since 2005 and every cities of germany,switzerland and in the most important cities of Italy there are a lot..

The biggest City fleet of Citaro in Europe is Berlin,the second is Rome

Van hool? Van hool is the brand I prefer,Last week i was in Geneva,and I seen a lot of type, 2,3,4 axle; the last were a megabus,sold in Holland,Belgium,Switzerland but not in France Italy and Spain because of severeral restrictive Law..(2 artic. for a bus were considered very dangerous..one artic.is better)

Van Hool AGG300

doppel2.jpg

Van Hool AG300

3be30b40f99bbad9168554236c8ccd38.jpg

Both in Utrecht,Holland.

See ya...sorry for my language :D

The next order is either NF or Nova. The MTA is leaning more towards Nova but might end up with NF.

My brother called me this morning and said they are going with the DE60's. I hope so, cause I don't like the look of the Nova.

EDIT: So I did a little more investigating about these mystery artics as I like to call them. Lets move this to a new thread. http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2371

My brother called me this morning and said they are going with the DE60's. I hope so, cause I don't like the look of the Nova.

EDIT: So I did a little more investigating about these mystery artics as I like to call them. Lets move this to a new thread.

If it's what they get, good. They want a greener cleaner NYC. This is the way to go. If it's for BRT, it better have 3 doors. (I sound like a broken record).

Well,I don't Know the situation of NYC,but here,i see often mercedes citaro in my city and everyday in Bologna city that I'm studying.. Interiors were very small,and it's very difficolut to go out when there are a lot of people,Milan is testing a new type of vehicles called mercedes citaro capacity,4 axle...not bad design :D

4833_1.jpg

013380.1-lg.jpg

Citaro or MB O530 in Europe is an old type of bus,the restyling since 2005 and every cities of germany,switzerland and in the most important cities of Italy there are a lot..

The biggest City fleet of Citaro in Europe is Berlin,the second is Rome

Van hool? Van hool is the brand I prefer,Last week i was in Geneva,and I seen a lot of type, 2,3,4 axle; the last were a megabus,sold in Holland,Belgium,Switzerland but not in France Italy and Spain because of severeral restrictive Law..(2 artic. for a bus were considered very dangerous..one artic.is better)

Van Hool AGG300

doppel2.jpg

Van Hool AG300

3be30b40f99bbad9168554236c8ccd38.jpg

Both in Utrecht,Holland.

See ya...sorry for my language :(

Holy shit......that AGG300 is a monster......@____@ That looks kinda scary to ride on

• 1 month later...

Archived